HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BUF/CAL, NJ/CHI, VAN/FLA, BUF/DAL Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2004, 02:47 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
BUF/CAL, NJ/CHI, VAN/FLA, BUF/DAL Proposals

I was just wondering if these deals seem fair. I don't really expect any of them to happen, I just want to see what you guys think. Fair? Or am I way off? Thanks.

To CAL : Ales Kotalik, Brian Campbell
To BUF : Oleg Saprykin, Denis Gauthier

To NJ : Alex Zhamnov
To CHI : Mike Rupp, Anton Kadeykin

To VAN : Huseleius, 3rd
To FLA : Cooke, 5th

To DAL : Miro Satan, Paul Gaustad, Henrik Tallinder
To BUF : Brendan Morrow, John Erskine, 3rd

Old
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Trading Morrow would automaticly make this team worse. There's simply not a chance in hell Morrow will even be part of trade discussions, regardless of the asset(s) coming back. Satan would definitely be of interest though, but not at the expense of Morrow. Hell, I firmly believe that Morrow is already the better player, while players like Gaustad and Tallinder add absolutely nothing that we need, much less when you consider that Erskine together with the 3rd carry more credit than those 2.

Just a simple and quick no from a Stars POV.

Old
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
To Florida: Cooke, 5th
What? why? how? what? damnit...bums.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
More than fair from a New Jersey standpoint, although I would think Zhamnov would be worth more however, but we'll see soon enough.

Old
02-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Bad deal for the Canucks. The Canucks don't need to add any question marks to the team, they need someone who is a proven scorer, especially if they are trading Matt Cooke. Huselius could be Jan Hlavac all over again. The most I'd trade for Huselius right now is picks/prospects and roster players such as Artem Chubarov. His trade value is very low.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Starsdude

Repeat after me class Morrow goes nowhere

Old
02-13-2004, 03:26 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Quote:

Not worth the price for a Group III FA this summer. Kadeykin is one of NJ's better d-man prospects. No deal IMO.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
I was just wondering if these deals seem fair. I don't really expect any of them to happen, I just want to see what you guys think. Fair? Or am I way off? Thanks.

I love the first proposal from Sabres POV. I think it could fly from both sides.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:36 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:

I like alot. From both sides I think this is a fair deal

Old
02-13-2004, 03:41 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
I love the first proposal from Sabres POV. I think it could fly from both sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I like alot. From both sides I think this is a fair deal
Yeah, I figured that one seemed pretty good. Kotalik could probably start scoring again in Calgary while Gauthier would fill the Sabres' need for a tough defenseman. Campbell and Sapryin have both underacheived so far in thier careers. I would love it if Darcy could pull something like this before the deadline.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:45 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
This doesn't work for either teams. We don't need another 3/4th line grinder player. We have Messier, Hagman, Kolnik (much better than Cooke) , Samuelsson, etc.... Samuelsson sucks though. Anyone could have him for free if they want.

Cooke can't produce the offense we need.

Now, FLA could potentially IMO be interested in Kotalik.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:47 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
I would love it if Darcy could pull something like this before the deadline.
I would love it if Darcy made a deal period. He really needs to bring in some new faces, specifically on D.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Morrow isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He is arguably the best thing this team has going for us right now and is hands down the best young player we have. Not to mention he is the future captain of the team. Just stop with the weak Morrow proposals already!

Old
02-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Not worth the price for a Group III FA this summer. Kadeykin is one of NJ's better d-man prospects. No deal IMO.
Hrm, I dunno. Kadeykin struck me as an middle tier prospect, so it wouldn't be the largest price to pay. Our depth in the AHL isn't what it used to be, but I'd like to make one more stab at the Cup while our window is still open with this CBA.

Old
02-13-2004, 03:59 PM
musdy

i would do it right now

Old
02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Hrm, I dunno. Kadeykin struck me as an middle tier prospect, so it wouldn't be the largest price to pay. Our depth in the AHL isn't what it used to be, but I'd like to make one more stab at the Cup while our window is still open with this CBA.
Without Stevens, NJ will be challenged to get out of the 1st round IMO.

Old
02-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Both of the Buffalo deals favor the Sabres. Kotalik has accomplished more than Saprykin, but Saprkyin's upside is higher. Gauthier vs. Campbell is a clear win for the Sabres.

I don't think the Satan et al. package would be enough to get Morrow straight up, let along Erksin and a third.

02-13-2004, 04:19 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Both of the Buffalo deals favor the Sabres. Kotalik has accomplished more than Saprykin, but Saprkyin's upside is higher. Gauthier vs. Campbell is a clear win for the Sabres.
Saprykin may have higher upside but Kotalik has accomplised more, like you said, without people expecting him to. Saprykin could end up being a complete bust, and while Kotalik may be a one-year wonder, he still has proven he can be a 20 goal scorer. Gauthier is clearly better than Campbell, but Campbell may just need a change of scenery to a more offense-minded conference before he comes into his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I don't think the Satan et al. package would be enough to get Morrow straight up, let along Erksin and a third.
You honestly don't think that a former 40 goal scorer, a young, good #3/4 defenseman and a mid-level prospect with good size would be enough to get Morrow?

Old
02-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You honestly don't think that a former 40 goal scorer, a young, good #3/4 defenseman and a mid-level prospect with good size would be enough to get Morrow?
No, I don't. Satan is fairly overpaid at this point. The money he makes is going to be a hard pill for a team to swallow, given that Satan is not putting up better than 2nd line numbers right now (and, for most of the season, he wasn't even doing that). Also, consider that his contract will be up at the end of the holdout season, and then he'll walk as an UFA. For those reasons, his trade value is probably not all that great right now.

Tallinder is not really a "good 3/4 dman". He is a player who has potential, but has struggled to date. On a number of teams, he'd be a number 5. Again, not a lot of trade value at this point.

I won't comment on Paul Gaustad, because I honestly don't know much about that prospect.

Morrow is a young player that every team in the league would love to have. tough, relatively inexpensive, and has a decent offensive touch. I think he is close to untouchable in Dallas and his trade value far exceeds the package you put together.

As for the other deal, I think the trade value on the Saprykin part is close to equal, but slightly favors Buffalo. The other part of the equation clearly favors Buffalo. Its close, but Calgary would want more.

Old
02-13-2004, 06:11 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
no thanks
the saprykin/campbell side is pretty much irrelevant to me
i wouldn't do kotalik for gauthier because gauthier has injury written on his forehead
i think there are better D options if kotalik was to be dealt

Old
02-13-2004, 07:46 PM
kolanos

Quote:
1) The Flames don't need or want Brian Campbell.
2) Saprykin has been amazing in the last 20 games and is playing Sutter's game, he will not be moved. Nor will he be moved for a Kotalik, who Saprykin is outperforming.

In summary:
Saprykin > Kotalik
Gauthier > Cambpell

Doesn't work for the Flames.

Old
02-13-2004, 07:53 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Saprykin may have higher upside but Kotalik has accomplised more, like you said, without people expecting him to. Saprykin could end up being a complete bust, and while Kotalik may be a one-year wonder, he still has proven he can be a 20 goal scorer.
Kotalik 136GP 60PTS -7+/-
Saprykin 167GP 70PTs +10+/-

Saprykin has more games played, more points, better +/- and yet Kotalik has somehow accomplished more? Please explain.

Quote:
Gauthier is clearly better than Campbell, but Campbell may just need a change of scenery to a more offense-minded conference before he comes into his own.
Scenery aside, the Flames don't touch him.

Old
02-13-2004, 08:56 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
This doesn't work for either teams. We don't need another 3/4th line grinder player. We have Messier, Hagman, Kolnik (much better than Cooke) , Samuelsson, etc.... Samuelsson sucks though. Anyone could have him for free if they want.

boy is Cooke ever underrated!!

I would never deal him for Huselius... he's the type of guy that is just awesome in the playoffs...

and as far as goal scoring.. he's done alright... improved every season (this season he's had injuries, but has been healthy for 3 straight seasons), and is a 15-20 goal scorer without ANY PP time or ever getting top 6 linemates.... wonder how many panthers score better than that, given no PP time, and always on the 3rd line??

Cooke's gold in the playoffs, and is a HUGE part of our team... I'd bet his value is much higher around the league than any of the guys mentioned above.

Burke would never deal him anyways... there isn't a Canuck fan, management, coach or player that would want to see Cooke go anywhere.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:40 PM
StilesBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule

Good lord, are you kidding me? If you offered me Bondra, C.Brown, and Boughner (likely the 3 best acquisitions Burke could make) all for Cooke, I would think seriously about it. On a team like Vancouver, a player like Cooke is the type of player that wins you Stanley Cups...and comes at a fraction of the price. If you're going to make an offer for him, put his value up around with Ed Jovanovski and Brendan Morrison.

And please, whatever you do, DO NOT try to compare him to Juraj Kolnik.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilesBC
Good lord, are you kidding me? If you offered me Bondra, C.Brown, and Boughner (likely the 3 best acquisitions Burke could make) all for Cooke, I would think seriously about it. On a team like Vancouver, a player like Cooke is the type of player that wins you Stanley Cups...and comes at a fraction of the price. If you're going to make an offer for him, put his value up around with Ed Jovanovski and Brendan Morrison.

And please, whatever you do, DO NOT try to compare him to Juraj Kolnik.
Here's the thing with Cooke's value. he is more valuable to Vancouver than on the open market, because he has a very defined role to play, which is a vital cog in the 'Nucks system. He wouldn't have the same role necessarily in Florida with the team havin a different make-up.

Closed Thread