HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty With The Habs Next Season?

Old
04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Another soft North American...great.

Max is considered to be a physical "power forward"! I don't think he will be 'soft' at all!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Mue

Did I really have to add a to that comment?

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Im looking foward to seeing this kid play. Power Fowards usually take more time to develop, like Latendresse. But i have a feeling he'll be a quicker learner than Guy.
My thoughts exactly. He is going to come in and be what Guy was supposed to be. He is a power forward with some speed a guy who won't be 3 steps too slow at the NHL level. His skill set is also much better. I think of him almost as a Sergei Kostytsin with Latendresse size. He could very well go the way of Sergei next year and have the same level impact at the NHL level midway through the year.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
GNick42

Let Patches develop more, sign a free agent instead. We need a few more steady vets on this team

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I like Pacioretty. I kind of hoped that the Flyers never made the deal with Nashville so that we would have had a chance at him with that late first round pick.

Big kid, great skater, can score, but more important, he's tough as nails. I like him to a young Rick Tocchet, minus the fighting. Montreal should count themselves very lucky with Max.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Let Patches develop more, sign a free agent instead. We need a few more steady vets on this team
I think he's done learning in the NCAA. You can hardly even check anybody and of course fighting isn't allowed. He got suspended late in the season for fighting.

Gerbe and Whitney from the championship team at Boston College are both 5'6" and 160 lbs. MaxPac isn't going to learn anything playing against shrimps like that. The only reason a player that small can excel is because they don't allow physical play.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
He keeping his NCAA #?
I have no idea, but I never put numbers until the 2nd NHL season of a rookie.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Richybaby

Perfect fit for Koivu and SK/Higgins

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:14 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I think he's done learning in the NCAA. You can hardly even check anybody and of course fighting isn't allowed. He got suspended late in the season for fighting.

Gerbe and Whitney from the championship team at Boston College are both 5'6" and 160 lbs. MaxPac isn't going to learn anything playing against shrimps like that. The only reason a player that small can excel is because they don't allow physical play.
The most I would go with him is 1 full year in the AHL mantory. We hurried Gui and it set him back if not ruined him

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Clumsyhab

MaxPac > Higgins.

Mark my words.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I certainly hope so. I love MaxPac.

Hes what we need in this series.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:28 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
MaxPac > Higgins.

Mark my words.
As long as he can score in empty nets and has better hands than Jan Bulis you win.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post

Are you kidding about not allowing physical play? because if you aren't, you are very ignorant about the NCAA game. While the NCAA has strict rules against fighting, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I guess North Dakota missed the memo. Let's see their players were involved in fights vs. Minnesota, Wisconsin and Denver. Then you also throw in the Bowling Green and Western Michigan melee and oh, let's not forget that wonderful brawl up in NY between RIT and Canisius. Yeah, those boys were playing soooooo nice that night. *insert sarcasm here* Please if you don't know about it, don't comment. You'll just make yourself look silly.

Now in reply to all the talk about Patches possibly leaving Ann Arbor, one thing that was shared with me in Denver during the Frozen Four (and yes, it comes a very reliable source close to the Michigan Wolverines), was that prior to it, he was talking quite a bit to the Montreal media as well "was in contact with" the Canadiens. Now how extensive it is, I couldn't tell you all because that was all that was relayed to me. So you all can take it for what's worth.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
wedge

that would be a surprise but I have no problems seeing him develop in the AHL

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Are you kidding about not allowing physical play? because if you aren't, you are very ignorant about the NCAA game.
Settle down there NCAA fanboy. "Not allowing physical play on an NHL level." I didn't think they had to be spelled out 100%, but I guess I was wrong. (I'd expect a better choice of words from somebody who is an HFboard moderator).

Since the ultimate objective for MaxPac is to play in the NHL, playing at a lower physical level in the NCAA does nothing for him. He's going to develop the physical side of his game much more quickly in the AHL than the NHL.

I watched the Frozen Four. That is about 5% as physically intense as the Boston v. Habs series. No knock on the players, coaches, fans, but it's just the state of the game.

In case people don't know, the NCAA requires full cages or full face visors for all players. How physical do you expect guys to be?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote