HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is it déja vu all over again?

Old
04-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
A minor correction: that's being objective on the Habs board. If you wander around you might be surprised to read what neutral fans think.

It's not that I don't want our team to win it in six, believe me I do. But I don't see no evidence how this could be an easy task, if achievable at all.
IMO Philly has been lucky the last two games... Habs are outshooting, outchancing, outplaying them, have the majority of the puck possession, and have hit a number of posts. They have clearly been the better team throughout the series.

It is the extreme rarity that a team gets continually outplayed by a wide margin and continues to win a series... when this does happen they usually have an elite goalie stealing the series for them... I don't think Biron is elite.

Based on all this, it tells me Philly's luck is due to run out, the law of averages will soon take over. Montreal will win the next three games.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
IMO Philly has been lucky the last two games... Habs are outshooting, outchancing, outplaying them, have the majority of the puck possession, and have hit a number of posts. They have clearly been the better team throughout the series.

It is the extreme rarity that a team gets continually outplayed by a wide margin and continues to win a series... when this does happen they usually have an elite goalie stealing the series for them... I don't think Biron is elite.

Based on all this, it tells me Philly's luck is due to run out, the law of averages will soon take over. Montreal will win the next three games.
Beakermania, I love your optimism and your go-team attitude.

But it's time to step back and realize this team isn't playing to its potential. I don't think we've dominated the Flyers at all, they are playing very stingy defensivley and are opportunistic as hell.

I think we can take it, but I think it'll require a better effort. We can't keep ****ing falling behind 2-0 every ****ing game is what I mean.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I think we can take it, but I think it'll require a better effort. We can't keep ****ing falling behind 2-0 every ****ing game is what I mean.
I agree with that.... but they also can't be so lucky as to have us hit 2-3 posts per game while the score is still 0-0. This is a trend that just won't continue long term.

I was more worried in game 4 when we were winning but not playing well then i am now that we are playing well and not winning.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Masao

I don't think this series is much like the 2002 Carolina series, but in general the way everything seemed to be going well for the Canadiens up to game 1 against Boston and how it became more difficult after that reminds me a bit of game 4 a few years ago even though the situation is completely different:

Masao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
GNick42

Playoffs are tough....the way I see it is field the best team you can and hope for the breaks. So hard to get franchise players these days not much else we can do

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote