HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal from SJ

Old
04-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Pluckfur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
If we could get PM with picks, i'd prefer that. I like what I saw for Brule when he was brought up, but he seems to finally be recovering from Gallantitis...i'd still like to keep him if possible. I still think he needs some more polishing, but lets see what their cup run does for him. He was rushed way to much, he's finally catching up

Having said that, he is available for the right deal.

Picard.....bust
At least Picard scored in the Crunch's opening round playoff series.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
ThorntonFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Wow, I see it just the opposite ... I'd guess there would be no way in the world the Sharks move little Joe with the season he's had. No way. Mihalek is a physical guy and I personally like that ... but his goal scoring ability is mediocre, the child has no hands.

1st milan is not physical he is just big. 2nd he has good hands and and he has a very good shot (accuracy is suspect). He get a break away every few games and even if he doesn't score he swings the momentum or draws a penalty. He is also quite effective on the forcheck and is defensively resposible. Milan > Pavs

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
1st milan is not physical he is just big. 2nd he has good hands and and he has a very good shot (accuracy is suspect). He get a break away every few games and even if he doesn't score he swings the momentum or draws a penalty. He is also quite effective on the forcheck and is defensively resposible. Milan > Pavs
Uhh I think I watch more Shark hockey than you. Best part of MM's game is his physicality coupled with him being defensively responsible. He only scored 24 goals this season. Working with the likes of Marleau, Thornton and Pavelski? ... c'mon... a guy with hands scores 30 with centermen like that.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Wease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
First off it's Afinogenov, second off the entire Sabre team tanked this season. He averaged a plus 10 the two seasons prior to this one and has offensive skill equal to or greater than Z. Fans forget about distribution of talent to keep the focus off the stars. It's no wonder Nash gets shut down most nights, there is no one else other than Z that needs top coverage. Z and Afinogenov would be unstoppable with a top notch defensive center.

Oh, btw, if Afinogenov is so expensive Jaroslav Spacek is ripping people off.
So I spelled it wrong, big deal. I just copied it straight from his earlier post. Regardless of how good his +/- was in the past, Afinogenov is just not a 2 way player that would fit well with Hitch's system. Yes, he's very talented, a great skater and explosive player, but I personally don't see him playing here in this system.

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
So I spelled it wrong, big deal. I just copied it straight from his earlier post. Regardless of how good his +/- was in the past, Afinogenov is just not a 2 way player that would fit well with Hitch's system. Yes, he's very talented, a great skater and explosive player, but I personally don't see him playing here in this system.
I agree he's not a Hitchcock player, nor is Zherdev. But therein could be the problem, one way or another we must increase goal scoring and that's done by guys who think offense first. Hitch may need to adjust his approach to game to some degree if he wants to make the playoffs in the new NHL.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:31 AM
JACKETS! on the PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by errey21 View Post
Thortonfan

I figure you know what your team needs and if it is getting rid of cap space with none coming back, we make great trade partners.

I would tend to think you could get more for Marleau even from us

But if the #6 and our 2nd Rounder would do it, where do I sign up.

Then trade Colorados 1st and a prospect for Vermette.

Then sign one of Stillman, Brunette, Rolston or take a chance on Ryder or make an offer for Afinigenov.

Nash/Marleau/Modin
Stillman or Brunette or Ryder/Vermette/Zherdev
Chimera/Malhotra/Voracek
Murray/Novotny/Fritsche

Throw a decent amount of money at Liles and or Rozsival for the defense.

We are starting to look like an NHL team
SALIVATING...

JACKETS! on the PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:48 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

The Jackets with Marleau make the playoffs. I'd do it.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote