HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovy hurt ?

Old
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
70Stang

vCash: 500
Kovy hurt ?

Surprised there has been no mention of this. The reason why I say this is he has not been using his quick release wrist shot. Perhaps he has a wrist injury all he does now is pass the puck and take very few shots. He was the leading goal scorer and he needs to step it up along with Higgins, Plek and Ryder if he ever gets a chance to play.

70Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
DDIHH

He is not skating as fast and often fall on the ice. I was thinking about some kind of "lower body" injury.

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Fido22

I think he's beeing roughed up and left no space.

Remember, he's European.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Kaktus*

He does not speak French!!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He does not speak French!!!
sure he does:
"Kan say hoki, say roooso"

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
I think that his ankle injury he suffered during the game vs. Florida has not fully healed. That would explain his random falls and slower skating.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
buddahsmoka1

LOL. I love when a player is not playing as well as he should be, it is automatic that he has an injury.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
LOL. I love when a player is not playing as well as he should be, it is automatic that he has an injury.
He's clearly injuried, he dosen't cut the ice anymore and that's one of his main moves. But he play with it like a real warrior

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
That or he dosent wanna play. So its better for the moral to think he's injuried.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
what explains his failure to wanna get hit along the boards to win battles for the puck?

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Kirk Muller

everyone is injured at this time of year. some fight through it, Kovalev has not.

stop the excuses. Koivu comes back from a broken foot and has been more active and generating more chances, Kovalev can at least work to get a damn puck out of a zone.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

LOL. I love when Kovalev is not playing as well as he sould be, it is an automatic that he just doesnt want to play.

Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 04-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
everyone is injured at this time of year. some fight through it, Kovalev has not.

stop the excuses. Koivu comes back from a broken foot and has been more active and generating more chances, Kovalev can at least work to get a damn puck out of a zone.
Youre always bringing up Koivu for some reason. Let me ask you, where was he during the season? People where bashing Kovalev last year for his poor performance but when you come to think at it Koivus season is not a whole lot more spectacular than Kovalevs last year. But yeah right, he brings leadership.

Old
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Prrebel

That would explain his playing like *****.

Prrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No, that's just Kovalev. Should be used to it by now.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
RushDP

Or maybe it has to do with the 2 Flyers on his ass whenever he touches the puck or the unbelievable passes he makes that Higgins fans on or Saku puts in Biron's glove or the shots he takes on a net that nobody takes the trouble to screen.

Ooops, sorry guys, I forgot that on this board he should score every goal, make every assist and stop pucks at the other end. Of course we all conveniently forget the only reason we're in the playoffs is because Kovy took us there in the first place.

This board blows after a loss.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

You're just very, very, very, very stupid. I can't even understand how you can be stupid.

The dude has one point per game, 11th scorer of the playoffs, but yeah! It's his fault if we're not doing well...

He is the only reason... the ONLY reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year. He's not there, forget it. We are ranked 12th.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Youre always bringing up Koivu for some reason. Let me ask you, where was he during the season? People where bashing Kovalev last year for his poor performance but when you come to think at it Koivus season is not a whole lot more spectacular than Kovalevs last year. But yeah right, he brings leadership.
Because Koivu is an easy example. One that even the stupidest person can understand. Well maybe not apparently.

What would i rather have. A guy have a solid regular season and perform in the playoffs or a guy have a great regular season and have substandard playoffs.

But now i see what it is. You are part of the crew that knows the leadership of Koivu, question it but have no proof. He looks unhappy on the bench and is sitting beside a young player which means he hates the youth . Thats the group you are in, i knew i recognized you from somewhere.

You want others. Why is Tom Kostopoulos who is guaranteed hurt stepping up more than Kovalev and frankly has been more of a key to Montreal's success.

Why is a 21 year old who has been hammered throughout the playoffs still working hard, putting up as many points, is playing grittier, and better defensively than many of veterans starting with Kovalev.

Its about guys stepping up there play. Maybe you are like 12 and this is your first playoffs and don't understand that. Higgins hasn't stepped up his play. Komisarek hasn't stepped up his play. Markov hasn't stepped up his play. Do i need to go on or type slower.

and yes Kovalev hasn't stepped up his play enough. For example giving up on plays, fly by forecheck and weak clearing attempts.

Guys who have stepped up their play are guys like Koivu, Kostopoulos, Skosts, Gorges, Begin, Smolinski etc. Notice how the guys that stepped up are the support players. Montreal struggling has been the failure of their core to up their level of play.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Because Koivu is an easy example. One that even the stupidest person can understand. Well maybe not apparently.

What would i rather have. A guy have a solid regular season and perform in the playoffs or a guy have a great regular season and have substandard playoffs.

But now i see what it is. You are part of the crew that knows the leadership of Koivu, question it but have no proof. He looks unhappy on the bench and is sitting beside a young player which means he hates the youth . Thats the group you are in, i knew i recognized you from somewhere.

You want others. Why is Tom Kostopoulos who is guaranteed hurt stepping up more than Kovalev and frankly has been more of a key to Montreal's success.

Why is a 21 year old who has been hammered throughout the playoffs still working hard, putting up as many points, is playing grittier, and better defensively than many of veterans starting with Kovalev.

Its about guys stepping up there play. Maybe you are like 12 and this is your first playoffs and don't understand that. Higgins hasn't stepped up his play. Komisarek hasn't stepped up his play. Markov hasn't stepped up his play. Do i need to go on or type slower.

and yes Kovalev hasn't stepped up his play enough. For example giving up on plays, fly by forecheck and weak clearing attempts.

Guys who have stepped up their play are guys like Koivu, Kostopoulos, Skosts, Gorges, Begin, Smolinski etc. Notice how the guys that stepped up are the support players. Montreal struggling has been the failure of their core to up their level of play.
Are you for real? Solid season, are we talking about the player who went through a period of about 8 games without a single point and had about 100PIM basically without any majors.

Substandard playoffs? Are you aware that even with youre so called substantard playoffs, he still leads the team in points and goals?

Sure im part of the crew that just talks about Koivus leadership. Hey you know what we have a meeting every Saturday night you should join...

Funny how Koivu is a so called playoffs performer, hes at about .89 points per game and Kovalev who is a so called player that doesnt care is about .85 points per playoff game. And since he joined the habs Koivu is at 1.05 points per game and Kovalev at 0.96 points per game.

I bet you were one of those saying the same thing about Ribeiro... Look at him now.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Kovalev may be hurt but Koivu is hurt and hes playing a whole helluva lot better

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
You're just very, very, very, very stupid. I can't even understand how you can be stupid.

The dude has one point per game, 11th scorer of the playoffs, but yeah! It's his fault if we're not doing well...

He is the only reason... the ONLY reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year. He's not there, forget it. We are ranked 12th.
but...but...he went a game without a point!

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
LOL. I love when Kovalev is not playing as well as he sould be, it is an automatic that he just doesnt want to play.
Uh... you're on the wrong bandwagon, the one you're looking for left last season.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
suprez

If the powerplay worked.We would not talk about Kovalev.The problem of the habs = the Powerplay .

The Habs play Well 5o5 . THey clearly outplay phillies .But our PP suck and that the reason we're 2-1 .

That 5o3 we missed.It's unforgivable.The best PP team of the regular season should be able to score 5 vs 3.When all of your best player are on the ice.

Komisarek he's injured.
Markhov i'm prety sure he's injured.

Every team got injury . But when Our 2 top defenseman are injured .It's not realy good.

Has for Kovalev.When he touch the puck there's a red X on him.Plekanec and Andrei Kostynin haven't done much .I think they are the one that need to try harder.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
gee

maybe he just needs to do a couple lines with theo

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
If the powerplay worked.We would not talk about Kovalev.The problem of the habs = the Powerplay .

The Habs play Well 5o5 . THey clearly outplay phillies .But our PP suck and that the reason we're 2-1 .

That 5o3 we missed.It's unforgivable.The best PP team of the regular season should be able to score 5 vs 3.When all of your best player are on the ice.

Komisarek he's injured.
Markhov i'm prety sure he's injured.

Every team got injury . But when Our 2 top defenseman are injured .It's not realy good.

Has for Kovalev.When he touch the puck there's a red X on him.Plekanec and Andrei Kostynin haven't done much .I think they are the one that need to try harder.
Ask Colorado about that

Smyth is out, Forsberg is on one leg, Stastny went down tonight and Hannan got hurt at the end of the game

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote