HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovy hurt ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
  #1
70Stang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Kovy hurt ?

Surprised there has been no mention of this. The reason why I say this is he has not been using his quick release wrist shot. Perhaps he has a wrist injury all he does now is pass the puck and take very few shots. He was the leading goal scorer and he needs to step it up along with Higgins, Plek and Ryder if he ever gets a chance to play.

70Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
  #2
DDIHH
Registered User
 
DDIHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
He is not skating as fast and often fall on the ice. I was thinking about some kind of "lower body" injury.

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
  #3
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
I think he's beeing roughed up and left no space.

Remember, he's European.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
  #4
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
He does not speak French!!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
  #5
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille
 
CastroLeRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He does not speak French!!!
sure he does:
"Kan say hoki, say roooso"


CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
  #6
Charley_5054
Registered User
 
Charley_5054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
I think that his ankle injury he suffered during the game vs. Florida has not fully healed. That would explain his random falls and slower skating.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
  #7
buddahsmoka1
Registered User
 
buddahsmoka1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: México, D.F.
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
LOL. I love when a player is not playing as well as he should be, it is automatic that he has an injury.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
  #8
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 24,295
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
LOL. I love when a player is not playing as well as he should be, it is automatic that he has an injury.
He's clearly injuried, he dosen't cut the ice anymore and that's one of his main moves. But he play with it like a real warrior


Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
  #9
Jean-Guy Drouin*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
LOL. I love when a player is not playing as well as he should be, it is automatic that he has an injury.
That or he dosent wanna play. So its better for the moral to think he's injuried.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
  #10
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 3907
what explains his failure to wanna get hit along the boards to win battles for the puck?

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
  #11
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
everyone is injured at this time of year. some fight through it, Kovalev has not.

stop the excuses. Koivu comes back from a broken foot and has been more active and generating more chances, Kovalev can at least work to get a damn puck out of a zone.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
  #12
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
LOL. I love when Kovalev is not playing as well as he sould be, it is an automatic that he just doesnt want to play.


Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 04-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
  #13
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
everyone is injured at this time of year. some fight through it, Kovalev has not.

stop the excuses. Koivu comes back from a broken foot and has been more active and generating more chances, Kovalev can at least work to get a damn puck out of a zone.
Youre always bringing up Koivu for some reason. Let me ask you, where was he during the season? People where bashing Kovalev last year for his poor performance but when you come to think at it Koivus season is not a whole lot more spectacular than Kovalevs last year. But yeah right, he brings leadership.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
  #14
Prrebel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
That would explain his playing like *****.

Prrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
  #15
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No, that's just Kovalev. Should be used to it by now.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
  #16
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Or maybe it has to do with the 2 Flyers on his ass whenever he touches the puck or the unbelievable passes he makes that Higgins fans on or Saku puts in Biron's glove or the shots he takes on a net that nobody takes the trouble to screen.

Ooops, sorry guys, I forgot that on this board he should score every goal, make every assist and stop pucks at the other end. Of course we all conveniently forget the only reason we're in the playoffs is because Kovy took us there in the first place.

This board blows after a loss.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
  #17
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
You're just very, very, very, very stupid. I can't even understand how you can be stupid.

The dude has one point per game, 11th scorer of the playoffs, but yeah! It's his fault if we're not doing well...

He is the only reason... the ONLY reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year. He's not there, forget it. We are ranked 12th.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
  #18
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Youre always bringing up Koivu for some reason. Let me ask you, where was he during the season? People where bashing Kovalev last year for his poor performance but when you come to think at it Koivus season is not a whole lot more spectacular than Kovalevs last year. But yeah right, he brings leadership.
Because Koivu is an easy example. One that even the stupidest person can understand. Well maybe not apparently.

What would i rather have. A guy have a solid regular season and perform in the playoffs or a guy have a great regular season and have substandard playoffs.

But now i see what it is. You are part of the crew that knows the leadership of Koivu, question it but have no proof. He looks unhappy on the bench and is sitting beside a young player which means he hates the youth . Thats the group you are in, i knew i recognized you from somewhere.

You want others. Why is Tom Kostopoulos who is guaranteed hurt stepping up more than Kovalev and frankly has been more of a key to Montreal's success.

Why is a 21 year old who has been hammered throughout the playoffs still working hard, putting up as many points, is playing grittier, and better defensively than many of veterans starting with Kovalev.

Its about guys stepping up there play. Maybe you are like 12 and this is your first playoffs and don't understand that. Higgins hasn't stepped up his play. Komisarek hasn't stepped up his play. Markov hasn't stepped up his play. Do i need to go on or type slower.

and yes Kovalev hasn't stepped up his play enough. For example giving up on plays, fly by forecheck and weak clearing attempts.

Guys who have stepped up their play are guys like Koivu, Kostopoulos, Skosts, Gorges, Begin, Smolinski etc. Notice how the guys that stepped up are the support players. Montreal struggling has been the failure of their core to up their level of play.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
  #19
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Because Koivu is an easy example. One that even the stupidest person can understand. Well maybe not apparently.

What would i rather have. A guy have a solid regular season and perform in the playoffs or a guy have a great regular season and have substandard playoffs.

But now i see what it is. You are part of the crew that knows the leadership of Koivu, question it but have no proof. He looks unhappy on the bench and is sitting beside a young player which means he hates the youth . Thats the group you are in, i knew i recognized you from somewhere.

You want others. Why is Tom Kostopoulos who is guaranteed hurt stepping up more than Kovalev and frankly has been more of a key to Montreal's success.

Why is a 21 year old who has been hammered throughout the playoffs still working hard, putting up as many points, is playing grittier, and better defensively than many of veterans starting with Kovalev.

Its about guys stepping up there play. Maybe you are like 12 and this is your first playoffs and don't understand that. Higgins hasn't stepped up his play. Komisarek hasn't stepped up his play. Markov hasn't stepped up his play. Do i need to go on or type slower.

and yes Kovalev hasn't stepped up his play enough. For example giving up on plays, fly by forecheck and weak clearing attempts.

Guys who have stepped up their play are guys like Koivu, Kostopoulos, Skosts, Gorges, Begin, Smolinski etc. Notice how the guys that stepped up are the support players. Montreal struggling has been the failure of their core to up their level of play.
Are you for real? Solid season, are we talking about the player who went through a period of about 8 games without a single point and had about 100PIM basically without any majors.

Substandard playoffs? Are you aware that even with youre so called substantard playoffs, he still leads the team in points and goals?

Sure im part of the crew that just talks about Koivus leadership. Hey you know what we have a meeting every Saturday night you should join...

Funny how Koivu is a so called playoffs performer, hes at about .89 points per game and Kovalev who is a so called player that doesnt care is about .85 points per playoff game. And since he joined the habs Koivu is at 1.05 points per game and Kovalev at 0.96 points per game.

I bet you were one of those saying the same thing about Ribeiro... Look at him now.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
  #20
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Kovalev may be hurt but Koivu is hurt and hes playing a whole helluva lot better

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
  #21
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
You're just very, very, very, very stupid. I can't even understand how you can be stupid.

The dude has one point per game, 11th scorer of the playoffs, but yeah! It's his fault if we're not doing well...

He is the only reason... the ONLY reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year. He's not there, forget it. We are ranked 12th.
but...but...he went a game without a point!

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
  #22
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
LOL. I love when Kovalev is not playing as well as he sould be, it is an automatic that he just doesnt want to play.
Uh... you're on the wrong bandwagon, the one you're looking for left last season.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
  #23
suprez
Registered User
 
suprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
If the powerplay worked.We would not talk about Kovalev.The problem of the habs = the Powerplay .

The Habs play Well 5o5 . THey clearly outplay phillies .But our PP suck and that the reason we're 2-1 .

That 5o3 we missed.It's unforgivable.The best PP team of the regular season should be able to score 5 vs 3.When all of your best player are on the ice.

Komisarek he's injured.
Markhov i'm prety sure he's injured.

Every team got injury . But when Our 2 top defenseman are injured .It's not realy good.

Has for Kovalev.When he touch the puck there's a red X on him.Plekanec and Andrei Kostynin haven't done much .I think they are the one that need to try harder.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
  #24
gee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
maybe he just needs to do a couple lines with theo

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
  #25
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
If the powerplay worked.We would not talk about Kovalev.The problem of the habs = the Powerplay .

The Habs play Well 5o5 . THey clearly outplay phillies .But our PP suck and that the reason we're 2-1 .

That 5o3 we missed.It's unforgivable.The best PP team of the regular season should be able to score 5 vs 3.When all of your best player are on the ice.

Komisarek he's injured.
Markhov i'm prety sure he's injured.

Every team got injury . But when Our 2 top defenseman are injured .It's not realy good.

Has for Kovalev.When he touch the puck there's a red X on him.Plekanec and Andrei Kostynin haven't done much .I think they are the one that need to try harder.
Ask Colorado about that

Smyth is out, Forsberg is on one leg, Stastny went down tonight and Hannan got hurt at the end of the game

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.