HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Enough with the Kovalev bashing!

Old
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Rayne*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
you sir are right about the Kovy bashing (its ridiculous) but I truley believe you have a completly wrong idea of what Higgins can do.

take a look at his number from his entire career. He is not the guy that will carry you to the promise land. (this comming from one of his biggest fans)
Agreed. Higgy could be a 30 goal scorer with his skills, but he's too streaky. He needs to get more consistency in his game.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

I'd be curious to know where Higgins and A.Kostitsyn would have lead us alone this year... We clearly saw what happened in 2006-2007 when our team was lead by Higgins and Ryder as our top 2 wingers.

Kovalev is producing at a good pace so far. 13th in the NHL for scoring in playoffs is just right. You guys just don't want to admit that some other players are not doing the job right now.

Price is playing like ****. I love the kid, he's on for a great future, but he's just not in his game so far, and it's the #1 reason why the Habs are trailing 2-1... want it or not.

Higgins is in his 2nd playoffs appearance... and Kostopoulos is a 4th line grinder in his first playoffs appearance, and still is in front of Higgins in the scoring department.

A. Kostitsyn is in his 1st playoffs appearance, but so is his brother, and look how well Sergei is doing right now.

Kovalev has nothing to do with the Habs trailing 2-1... the only thing he has to do with is that he's the reason why the Habs are not trailing 3-0 right now.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheGame View Post
Agreed. Higgy could be a 30 goal scorer with his skills, but he's too streaky. He needs to get more consistency in his game.
Higgins will never be a 30 goals scorer regularly. He'll maybe fetch it one time or two, but as soon as you will put him with weaker players, he'll need all the luck onearth to fetch 23-22.

Old
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
****! Stop bashing on the guy! You are without a doubt the dumbest group of fan of the world. It's impossible.

The guy is the 11th scorer of the playoffs and is the only reason why we won a game so far in this series, he sets two perfect plays for Higgins who missed two open nets on the same shift, and he does all this despite the fact he's hurt to an ankle since game 50 and despite the fact he's constantly double-checked by the opposition. He's the only reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year, but no! It's his fault if the Habs are trailing 2-1.

Don't blame Higgins!
Don't blame Price!
Don't blame Plekanec!
Don't blame Komisarek!

Let's all blame our best player, our best scorer of the season and of the playoffs!

Let's blame the only reason why we did make the playoffs and the major reason of the emergence of both Kostitsyns.

You guys are pathetic. You make me feel ashamed to be an Habs fan.

Yeah we need to give the guy a break. He was our best player all season long and he still is our best player in the playoffs too, but he can only do so much when the other team is watching him like a frigging hawk and sending 2 guys after him to get the puck from him. He is playing well, better than some of the other players are so give the guy a break....he'll come through when we need him.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
And I was about to forget... look at the best scorers of this team since the beginning of the playoffs.

Kovalev : 9 pts in 10 games
S. Kostitsyn : 8 pts in 10 games
Koivu : 6 pts in 4 games
Plekanec : 6 pts in 10 games
A. Kostitsyn : 6 pts in 10 games
Brisebois : 5 pts in 10 games
Higgins : 4 pts in 10 games
Kostopoulos : 4 pts in 10 games

Find the mistake! But oh no. Kovalev is the reason why we're losing right now. Higgins though is playing like a star and A. Kostitsyn is fine...

Try to explain me the logic of this.
Actually it's only 8 games.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
habfan4

Admit it, TheDamned put you up to this didn't he?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Admit it, TheDamned put you up to this didn't he?
its so peaceful having that guy on my ignore list

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Actually it's only 8 games.
true

Old
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Higgins will never be a 30 goals scorer regularly. He'll maybe fetch it one time or two, but as soon as you will put him with weaker players, he'll need all the luck onearth to fetch 23-22.
He got 27 this year and hes 24 years old... he could've easily had 35 this year if he was not so inconsistant. Once he becomes more consistant he will score 35 + goals a year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
He got 27 this year and hes 24 years old... he could've easily had 35 this year if he was not so inconsistant. Once he becomes more consistant he will score 35 + goals a year.
Please... let's not start this all over again... Expecting gim to get 35 goals is really, really, really unrealistic. Let him get a pair of hand to bury all those chances. After, we'll talk.

May I remember you that he has been healthy all season long and that he played with Koivu all season long? about 18 minutes a game?

Ryder had 25 goals at 23 years old and look at him now. There is no garanty and we can't base our judgment on the age of a player. Higgins is not clutch, and he almost never get the important goals in a game. He's not a difference maker. Not a player you want to build your offense around.

30 goals? Maybe one or maybe two times in his career. But he'll likely never get more than 60-62 points in a season. Plus the fact that he doesn't make his linemates produce when they are in a cold streak. He doesn't make the other players better around him.

He's a good player, and he has a place in every roster of the NHL. He's just not an offensive player, and really not a goal scorer.

All this to tell you that I don't understand the idea of protecting players becuase their age. Is Latendresse immunated even if he is 20? As far as I know, he's one of the most criticized players around here. Lapierre is 22, but yet, he's always criticized because he supposedly doesn't make his job.

Price is the #1 reason why we are trailing in this series. Like it or not. He has exceeded my expectations this year, and had a wonderful first season in the NHL. But in the 2nd round, he's the worst goalie of the final-8 group. I trust Price. I really like him and have great faith in him. But he's not in his game so far.

Higgins has got 4 points so far. All acquired in losses. He's not a difference maker and we can'T say he is working really hard in the corners. He isn't forechecking, and he backs everytime the game goes physical.

A. Kostitsyn is not helping Kovalev at all, and Plekanec is one of the worst player. He falls on the ice at least 1 time every shift.

Koivu, Kovalev, S. Kostitsyn, Brisebois, Kostopoulos, Bégin, Smolinski, Hamrlik (even if he was bad in the last game) are the players who are winning games for this team.

The others are all responsible of our losses.

Old
04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Price is the #1 reason why we are trailing in this series. Like it or not. He has exceeded my expectations this year, and had a wonderful first season in the NHL. But in the 2nd round, he's the worst goalie of the final-8 group. I trust Price. I really like him and have great faith in him. But he's not in his game so far.
Price has not been good... but I wouldn't say he's been worse than Theodore or Nabakov in the 2nd round.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
compile

vCash: 611
What more do you want Kovalev to do? Stop the puck? Coach? Water boy? Announcer?

The entire team has failed at playing defense that is why they are down 2-1. I haven't seen a Kovalev bash thread nor any comments, they have been mostly directed to Brisebois and Dandy.

Stop all these "Stop bashing (insert name)" bashing threads, they are causing us to lose focus/games.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote