HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Two Degrees of Mike Sillinger

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2008, 04:32 AM
  #276
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylzzz View Post
He must have tons of facebook friends
nice one

deanosaur is offline  
Old
09-07-2008, 01:12 AM
  #277
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
this thread got me really thinking about how many teams fall into the 2 degrees. All i have to say is DAMN! I'll post it as soon as it's organized better.

garry1221 is offline  
Old
09-07-2008, 01:16 AM
  #278
agent2421
Registered User
 
agent2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Only if he was younger... he could get traded to every team in the league. That should be his goal

agent2421 is offline  
Old
09-07-2008, 06:49 AM
  #279
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,925
vCash: 50
I wonder how many degrees from all hf posters Sillinger is... I'd guess that he is 5 or less degrees from me, as I've been coached by (and thus know) Kenta Nilsson who is an oilers scout...

mattihp is online now  
Old
09-08-2008, 04:25 AM
  #280
ES
Registered User
 
ES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
I wonder how many degrees from all hf posters Sillinger is... I'd guess that he is 5 or less degrees from me, as I've been coached by (and thus know) Kenta Nilsson who is an oilers scout...
I can say that I am 4 degrees away. I can classify myself within two degrees of Valtteri Filppula who is two degrees of Mike Sillinger himself, having not played with him yet.

ES is offline  
Old
09-13-2008, 04:36 PM
  #281
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,414
vCash: 500
Put all the info up in a blog for easy access

http://empty-net.blogspot.com/2008/0...r-2007-08.html

kmad is online now  
Old
09-13-2008, 11:15 PM
  #282
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Robert Lang got traded to the Habs. Since he went around the block too, I guess he played with Sillinger at one point. That would solve the Habs.

1UP is offline  
Old
09-13-2008, 11:17 PM
  #283
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Robert Lang got traded to the Habs. Since he went around the block too, I guess he played with Sillinger at one point. That would solve the Habs.
Nope. Never on the same team.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-14-2008, 01:35 AM
  #284
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
The habs are solved the minute Cullimore hits the ice. Sillinger and Cullimore played on the '96 Canucks. Still compiling a list of all teams that are within 2 degrees of sillinger. and WOW is it a huge list. I even went overseas and 2nd degree teams due to coaches. I'll post it later when it's sorted.

garry1221 is offline  
Old
09-14-2008, 02:25 AM
  #285
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
The habs are solved the minute Cullimore hits the ice. Sillinger and Cullimore played on the '96 Canucks. Still compiling a list of all teams that are within 2 degrees of sillinger. and WOW is it a huge list. I even went overseas and 2nd degree teams due to coaches. I'll post it later when it's sorted.
Streit, too.

SK13 is offline  
Old
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
  #286
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,414
vCash: 500
Found a new one - BJ Crombeen of the Dallas Stars.

edit:

Also, their backup goalie Tobias Stephan.

Well, there's about a dozen if you include every player who played one or two games for the Habs or the Stars.

kmad is online now  
Old
09-15-2008, 04:33 AM
  #287
ES
Registered User
 
ES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
I had a look on my favourite team in SM-liiga (Blues) and by my calculation it has 17 players within two degrees of Mike Sillinger. Only former NHL player in the roster is Dale Clarke (3 games in StL 00-01).

Six players with more than one season of pro hockey are not, as well as some with one.

Probably I would have to look on another Finnish teams as well. Two teams are completely within two: Jokerit through Sami Helenius (with Sillinger in TB) and Pelicans through Lasse Pirjetä (with Sillinger in CBJ). But then there's over 40 former SM-liiga players who were teamed with Sillinger at one point.

ES is offline  
Old
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
  #288
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
Found a new one - BJ Crombeen of the Dallas Stars.

edit:

Also, their backup goalie Tobias Stephan.

Well, there's about a dozen if you include every player who played one or two games for the Habs or the Stars.
if you want to count anyone that's played 1 or 2 games in the nhl, then there's a ton who aren't within 2 degrees, but personally, i don't that someone with that few games is relevant to this oracle. as mentioned in this thread already, i've compiled a list of all teams affected by the 2 degrees. I've only used players that have played no less than 16 or 17 games on the same team. there were plenty of other players on those teams that played less than that, but like i said, i just can't justify qualifying them in this oracle of sillinger.

garry1221 is offline  
Old
09-17-2008, 10:25 PM
  #289
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,414
vCash: 500
Got the 2008-09 preview up:

http://empty-net.blogspot.com/2008/0...r-2008-09.html

kmad is online now  
Old
09-18-2008, 04:09 AM
  #290
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
I'm starting to worry a little. As I've said before, I'm compiling a list of ALL teams within 2 degrees of Sillinger. So far I'm up to 24 pages. I've still got quite a ways to go. I was just starting to alphabetize my original list, which was still 22 pages on its own, then I remembered that the coaches still counted in the 2 degrees, so I've gotten halfway through them. I'm a little worried at how I'm going to enter it on this thread. I might have to take it a few years at a time in a few posts.

garry1221 is offline  
Old
09-18-2008, 05:41 AM
  #291
ES
Registered User
 
ES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
I'm starting to worry a little. As I've said before, I'm compiling a list of ALL teams within 2 degrees of Sillinger. So far I'm up to 24 pages. I've still got quite a ways to go. I was just starting to alphabetize my original list, which was still 22 pages on its own, then I remembered that the coaches still counted in the 2 degrees, so I've gotten halfway through them. I'm a little worried at how I'm going to enter it on this thread. I might have to take it a few years at a time in a few posts.
So the list includes all teams, not only teams in NHL? Myself I tried to list each player who has played in Finland and played with Sillinger. Non-Finnish player list is:

Kaspars Astashenko, Drew Bannister, Tom Bissett, Jason Bonsignore, Matt Davidson, Nils Ekman, Bruce Gardiner, Steve Guolla, Bob Halkidis, Adam Hall, Brett Harkins, Jan Hrdina, Chris Joseph, Rostislav Klesla, Krystofer Kolanos, Brian Loney, Derek Mayer, Bryan Muir, Michael Nylander, Roman Oksiuta, Yves Racine, Bert Robertsson, Geoff Sanderson, Mike Stutzel, Pavel Torgayev, Lubomir Vaic, Roman Vopat, Peter White, Todd Warriner, Duvie Westcott, Landon Wilson, Mike Wilson, Marek Zidlicky and Glen Hanlon who is nowadays coaching in Finland. A total of 34 and I think we might see later on some more.

Finnish players' list: Sean Bergenheim, Sami Helenius, Hannes Hyvönen, Tomi Kallio
Jyrki Lumme, Janne Niinimaa, Lasse Pirjetä, Pekka Rinne, Teemu Selänne, Esa Tikkanen, Kimmo Timonen and Ossi Väänänen, a total of 12.

I think some Swedish user could try to list all players who Sillinger's team-mates who have played in Sweden. And same for Swiss, German, Russian etc. users.

ES is offline  
Old
09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
  #292
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
I guess this could extend to NCAA, AHL players and CHL players too. The entire 2006 -2008 Minnesota Golden Gophers roster is within 2 degrees because of Okposo.

The 2001-2006 Kelowna Rockets are within 2 degrees because of Blake Comeau.

And since Frans Nielsen played last year with Sillinger in NYI, you've got half of Denmark and Sweden covered, along with the 2006-2008 Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Stealth JD is offline  
Old
09-18-2008, 10:39 AM
  #293
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
this is great

Mr Bojanglez is offline  
Old
09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
  #294
FAL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Mike Sillinger got the German League completely covered, i guess. Just starting with 1997 Players who still play or used to play in the german league and played with Sillinger (just by the teams on hockeydb.com, so in case he got traded some players might be incorrekt):

96-97 Canucks:
Bohnos, Joseph, Fountain, Bure (1 game during the 90s lock-out)

97-98 Canucks
Ciccone, Hirsch

98-99 Flyers
Delmore, McGillis, Pellentier

98-99 Tampa Bay
Selivanov, Kelly, Forbes

99-00 Tampa Bay
Johnson

99-00 Panthers
Hick, Barrie, Boguniecki, Kidd, Simpson

00-01 Ottawa
Ciernik

00-01 Florida
Adams, Ratchuk, Payer

01-02 Columbus
Quint, Grand-Pierre, S. Pronger, Darche, Walser, Labbé

02-03 Columbus
van Impe, Manning

03-04 Blues
Weight, Laflamme, Pollock

03-04 Phoenix
Kolanos, Jaspers

05-06 Blues
Roach

06-07 Islanders
York

edit: Now i've just rushed through the teams and players, but all those played with Sillinger and in the DEL. I'll come back to the topic later, but a couple of those guys still play in the DEL, so Cologne, Krefeld, Duisburg, Mannheim, Hamburg and Berlin are covered for sure.


Last edited by FAL: 09-18-2008 at 11:03 AM.
FAL is offline  
Old
09-18-2008, 08:34 PM
  #295
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
From the top of my head all non-Russian KHL teams within 2 degrees as well.
Barys has Trevor Letovski.
Dynamo-Riga has Mark Hartigan
Dynamo-Minsk has Maneluk.
All of them played with Sillinger in Columbus.

bizzz* is offline  
Old
09-19-2008, 12:27 AM
  #296
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES View Post
So the list includes all teams, not only teams in NHL? Myself I tried to list each player who has played in Finland and played with Sillinger. Non-Finnish player list is:

Kaspars Astashenko, Drew Bannister, Tom Bissett, Jason Bonsignore, Matt Davidson, Nils Ekman, Bruce Gardiner, Steve Guolla, Bob Halkidis, Adam Hall, Brett Harkins, Jan Hrdina, Chris Joseph, Rostislav Klesla, Krystofer Kolanos, Brian Loney, Derek Mayer, Bryan Muir, Michael Nylander, Roman Oksiuta, Yves Racine, Bert Robertsson, Geoff Sanderson, Mike Stutzel, Pavel Torgayev, Lubomir Vaic, Roman Vopat, Peter White, Todd Warriner, Duvie Westcott, Landon Wilson, Mike Wilson, Marek Zidlicky and Glen Hanlon who is nowadays coaching in Finland. A total of 34 and I think we might see later on some more.

Finnish players' list: Sean Bergenheim, Sami Helenius, Hannes Hyvönen, Tomi Kallio
Jyrki Lumme, Janne Niinimaa, Lasse Pirjetä, Pekka Rinne, Teemu Selänne, Esa Tikkanen, Kimmo Timonen and Ossi Väänänen, a total of 12.

I think some Swedish user could try to list all players who Sillinger's team-mates who have played in Sweden. And same for Swiss, German, Russian etc. users.
yep, my list includes teams from Russia, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, and even Italy. There's a ton of teams and it took a ton of time. my list, thanks to my last minute thought of coaches being part of the 2 degrees, dates from the '60's to '09. Hopefully within the next few days I'll have the list completely done.

garry1221 is offline  
Old
09-19-2008, 04:08 PM
  #297
Hutz
Classless User
 
Hutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
The 13 (?) teams he hasn't yet played for should get together and ship him between themselves, having him play a couple of games in each city, so that he can retire the first player to have played with every single team... Then send him to Detroit last, so he has a shot at that elusive cup

Hutz is offline  
Old
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM
  #298
Hockify
Registered User
 
Hockify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
From the top of my head all non-Russian KHL teams within 2 degrees as well.
Barys has Trevor Letovski.
Dynamo-Riga has Mark Hartigan
Dynamo-Minsk has Maneluk.
All of them played with Sillinger in Columbus.
Russia is pretty covered by guys like Yashin, Dubeliwitz, and Josef Vasichek.

Hockify is offline  
Old
09-22-2008, 11:22 PM
  #299
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Russia is pretty covered by guys like Yashin, Dubeliwitz, and Josef Vasichek.
Also add Radivojevic (from Phoenix)

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
  #300
Datsyuk 13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
gordie howe

Datsyuk 13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.