HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 Post Game thread

Old
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui101do View Post
And I understand why. That's immediately where all of the Sens fans went.

personally i would love to see malkin, hossa, malone, laraque those guys lift the cup BUT i will be rooting against you guys because i dont want to see crosby win the cup.

i dont think i could stomach having him lifting the cup plastered all over the tv on websites every place i look. having him rammed down my throat all year long as the reason the pens won the cup.

but its only 3 and i wont throw in the towel until its all over

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Malkin is a beautiful hockey player

Old
04-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
To those that said they'll root for the Flyers....got news for y'all: They aint winning....Montreal is going to win that series. And even if somehow Flyers get by the Canadians, how can any Ranger fan ever root for, one our most hated rivals...no effin way....blasphemous I say.....

I'd rather root for Penguins...they aren't dirty or goons. Just a damn good team that has some all-world talent and its showing crystal clear that they are just a tad better than us. Sux, cause as someone said earlier in the thread, its not like we haven't had chances to win a game or even two in this series. If our damn PP could have only clicked once or heaven forbid twice in some of those key moments, we would be singing a different tune....oh well, what ya goin to do other than tip your hat....Pens are just better...nothing to be ashamed of.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
The Pens are just better than us. They are faster, more skilled, more dynamic, they're just better, and while it hurts to see hockey season coming to a rapid end, I'm not pissed at the team for losing to a better opponent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
Henrik played one of the worst games I've seen him play tonight.

Our power play sucks, theirs is awesome.

Sad it see it end like this.
All quoted for truth. Jagr is still a beast when he wants to be. I really really hope he has one more season in him as a Ranger.

The following players should be shown the door.

Hollweg-Yet another bad penalty

Straka-His "clear" on the ensuing pk cost us a change that led to a goal.

Shanny-Love him, but I think he is done.

Mara/Malik/Rosenthal-Rotate Studs and Backman as a 6/7. We have Staal, Tyutin, Girardi. Let Baranka, Hutchinson, and Bobby
from Jersey fight for the remaining spots. Now before I get flamed keep in mind I do not follow Hartford much. I had it on record Hutchinson won best d-man this year. As for Baranka and Saguinetti, invite them to camp. See what happens. Certainly that d cannot be any more careless in our zone then the current one we have. I'm willing to accept mistakes if it is youth. Perhaps we go after a #1 d-man in the ufa market...or maybe we wait to the deadline, but maybe no one is left.

I'm not sure what Renney has against Prucha. Does he think Hollweg provides more offense? Crap I think I have a better chance of scoring a goal then Hollweg and I sit in the 400's.

I know this....even if by a pocketful of miracles we win four straight these issues still need to be addressed for next years team.

Oh and get rid of Lundqvist....kidding..................

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
n_a_c

Having Malkin – Crosby as the top two centers on a team is just unreal. I was pumped when we signed Gomez and Drury, and lets be honest here, I'd trade both Gomez & Drury to watch Malkin for the next 7 years. And I'd trade my left shoelace for Crosby, since he also is a really is a talented *****. I wonder if Pittsburgh will be able to keep both.

My comments on the game:

I have always been a fan of Hollweg. I am a fan of hitting and playing physical, and he does that and does it well. It just so happened that he took a bad penalty at the worst time. Uh... at the worst time of the entire season. But so be it, I appreciate all the work he does for the Rangers. If we won, no one would remember that penalty.

Nice hit by Marc on his brother.

Lundqvist can't be blamed for the loss, but MAF outplayed him. Not often you can say that, and just shows that Lundqvist still has room for improvement.

Callahan had another great game. He's got Drury in his blood. Perhaps distant cousins?

Our PP still sucks. How hard is it really to keep moving players around. Hello? Can't they hear me yelling at my TV? Or am I just a genius in thinking that moving players and the puck is a good idea. Just awful.

Disappointed, no doubt. But Pittsburgh really is much better than I had thought. Fleury is playing great, and their defense is getting it done. I hope we come back. But if that doesn't happen, then I hope they get pummeled in a later round and Malkin gets traded next season before his contract expires.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
PhlipDowt

-rangers need to fire whatever assistant coach is responsible for the power play.

-i wasnt at the game but the Garden sounded a little dead at times even when they were tied or just down by a goal. put your cell phones down, get rid of the stupid potvin chant and get behind your team. i apologize if i am wrong, i know it's tough to tell with the MSG audio feed.

-i dont ever want to see hollweg in a NYR uniform again.

-jagr left his heart on the ice, i'd be very sad if he left after this season, they need to bring him back. he was just unread these last few weeks.

the season is just about over...i wouldnt get excited about anything unless they were heading back to the garden for game 6.

this game hurts big time. i def thought they would have won at least tonight.

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
And even if somehow Flyers get by the Canadians, how can any Ranger fan ever root for, one our most hated rivals...no effin way....blasphemous I say.....
The Pens have passed them in my book, at least as far as the post-lockout era goes.

Quote:
I'd rather root for Penguins...they aren't dirty
Disagree, but this isn't the place for that discussion.

Quote:
Just a damn good team that has some all-world talent and its showing crystal clear that they are just a tad better than us.
Agreed 100%

Quote:
If our damn PP could have only clicked once or heaven forbid twice in some of those key moments, we would be singing a different tune
Agreed 100%

Quote:
Pens are just better...nothing to be ashamed of.
Agreed 100%

04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Well at least if we get swept, we more than likely wont be the only team. Rangers, Sharks, and now Av's all down 3-0

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

UUUUURRRRRRGGHHGGGGHHRRRGRHHHHHHGGHHHGGGGGGRRRR!

I wish that helped.... sigh

Unfortunately what we've known all year is as true now as ever

1. The power play is just awful...key part of winning in this league.

Jagr, Shanny, Drury, Gomez = a horrible power play? Who would have thought.....

2. The Rangers 2 best Dmen are rookies.

Staal and Girardi imo are the steadiest of the lot. How far do you go with two rookies as your best D men...

3. Just not strong, physical enough. Do teams physically fear anyone on the Rangers? Orr, Hollweg ( does being afraid he may hit you from behind count?) Hell I think teams look forward to the Rangers dressing Hollweg. The pens have an "appreciation thread" dedicated to him on their board. Orr isnt physical, he can break faces but he only fights other fighters which is a charade more times than not

Weak powerplay + inexperienced/weak blueline + not physical enough = (fill in your own end of season cliche')

04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Eleven Shots On Goal And You Lose?!!!!!!!!!!!

5 To 3????

How The **** Does That Happen

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
lotus

Tough times but I'm still going to game 4. Vastly overpaid for tickets and no matter how much I paid I will still be there screaming my head off.

When you count your own team out you're no longer a fan in my book, sorry.

“We have a chance to make history,” Jaromir Jagr said. “What else? It might be my last game, man. Let’s make it special.”

Strange quote. At first it sounds like he has no faith but then it seems like he's still not given up. The way he's been playing, I give it the latter.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I think it's clear that we're overmatched in this series, but it's also clear to me that this organization is moving in the right direction.

We're competitive with a truly dynamic team, and while we're coming up short, we're definitely moving in the right direction.

There will be a time soon when we're going to get back to the mountaintop

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Anyone think there's gonna be less pressure on the Rangers for game four than game three?

It's almost as if they can just go out there and have fun, being already counted out..

I'll be there to the end boys LETS GO RANGERS

PRESENT AND FUTURE til DEATH

I think the Fleury chants get to MA..FLEU-RY, FLEU-RY, FLEU-RY!!!!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Agreed... until the end

no fat ladies allowed on Thursday

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Homerocks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
3. Just not strong, physical enough. Do teams physically fear anyone on the Rangers?
I've been quite surprised how soft the physical game of the Rangers has been these playoffs, and I'm also surprised how little we've heard about this in the sports media. They've been the softest team I've seen all playoffs. The few times they've been physical deep in the pens' end, they've gotten some good chances and/or scored.

The Penguins' defenseman are a pretty good transitional and first pass d, but they still have problems against a quick physical forecheck as we saw during the second period.

Homerocks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:52 AM
lotus

Just gonna point out again that I think Jagr may have been misquoted, or at least got the words out wrong(ly).

“We have a chance to make history,” Jaromir Jagr said. “What else? It might be my last game, man. Let’s make it special.”

What he's quoted as saying.

What I think he really said/meant to say:

“We have a chance to make history,” Jaromir Jagr said. “What else? It might be my last season, man. Let’s make it special.”

Makes much more sense I think. The way it was seemed so contradictory. How can getting swept be special in any form of your last game?

edit: okay he wasn't misquoted, but my points there.

Last edited by lotus: 04-30-2008 at 01:52 AM.
lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Onion Boy

In the Versus broadcast they said that Malkin says his favorite city to play in is NY.

Just saying is all.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:10 AM
92hatchattack

We can not let the Pens sweep us.... and allthough some of our guys may feel that this series is lost... one thing thats going to be on their minds in not being swept again. There should be 4 words on the tounge of every Ranger and fan on Thursday night...

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:12 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Personally, I've noticed a few little things that seem to have derailed in terms of on-the-ice play. Most noticeably the play of the rookies, Dubi and Dawes in particular. More so Dubinsky, but to a certain extent Dawes - they've stopped taking the initiative to be looked upon to score. Meaning, every chance Dubinsky gets to pass to Jagr or to Straka, he takes it, right or wrong. It's not a bad thing to be respecting the veteran playoff performers, but Brandon, you're a big reason why your team got where it's at now. Shoot the puck, drive wide, and play your game.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:15 AM
mti79

1. I will not give up hope on this team. Until they are eliminated, they are contenders. Just have to play one period at a time. Win Thursday to stay alive, take one in Pitt(we needed one out there anyway) and come home like you're on serve. Win Monday and it's all square with one game to go. Not saying it'll be easy, but nothing in life worth having is. Let's go Rangers!

2. I think Renney needs to shake it up a little bit on Thursday. Hollweg is obviously out. Bring back Prucha for more than 6 mins? Why not? Either put him on the 4th or up on the 2nd and leave Shanny(since he's not going to sit out) on the 4th. How about sitting Crapman and letting Malik have a go? At times he can be one of our better defensemen.

3. If it is Jagr's last game, I'll be upset. I've always like rooting for the guy and he has been a beast over the last few weeks of the regular season and in the playoffs. JJ needs to come back next year, however....

4. Shanny needs to go. Avery, I'm prepared to let him go if he wants too much money. Same goes for Rosey. I'd bring Mara back if the price is right. Straka, eh... I can see both sides. He plays hard every game, but what happened to his shot accuracy. Geez... Hit the freakin' net already.

I think that's all I have right now... we'll see how I feel later.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:20 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Dont give up guys.
Play every shift in game 4 like its your last.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:21 AM
eco's bones

When the Rangers are out the season is over as far as I'm concerned. I usually won't watch other teams play and I don't think this year will be any exception. Having said that I never wish for the team that knocks us out to win the cup though on the other hand there is no way in the world I would ever root for the Flyers. That's not in the cards either. Sorry Pens fans--I'm not jumping on no bandwagons. Malkin and Crosby are great players but I don't particularly care for Sidney. I know if he were on the Rangers it would be different but--so what.

As for tonights game generally speaking we were the better team. Pittsburgh got better goaltending. We shot ourselves in the foot with a couple defensive lapses and an ill-timed penalty or two. Pittsburgh caught a break on the Laraque goal. We missed a chance to go ahead when Gomez rung one off the post. That was the big 'if' in the game as Straka's non-goal was the big 'if' in Game 2. If the Rangers had gone ahead with the momentum they were building instead of moments later going on a penalty kill--what then?

One other thing the Refereeing in this one was pretty good. Apart from Tyutin's penalty in game 2 that's two games in a row.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
RottenScoundrel

Hey guys, this thing isn't over. If not for a costly decision at a very bad time, the Rangers might very well have won this game. This is still a very dangerous team. I'm not comfortable even with a 3-0 series lead.

Disappointing to be sure but the Rangers players deserve kudos for their collective efforts -- they played their hearts out.

It would be against my principles to wish you luck during the remainder of this series. I can, however, wish you guys the best in the coming seasons.

And might I add -- you guys are straight class. At least the majority of you.

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:47 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I think Jagr's trying to fire up the team by his comments...
Whether or not it is his last game, I think he will play his heart out...
I think at this point if anyone calls him a whiner, crybaby, diver, lacking character or effort i will be tempted to slap them. Jagr today showed what a captain does. He took the team on his back today, unfortunately the only other player who showed up was Scott Gomez.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
NYR Viper

points on the game:

-hank played too deep in his net.....because he is afraid of the backdoor play because the defenceman cant clear the crease(not a new problem)
-dubinsky and dawes are both showing that this is their first playoffs...neither look very good
-rozsival has looked utterly horrible and everyone on defence looks slow and unsure of what to do with the puck
-jagr was a beast and carried the team all night
-gomez is a world class player, no matter who is on his line
-drury is a warrior, enough said
-shanahan doesnt deserve to be playing, too slow
-sjostrom has more skill than i thought, needs to work on using his speed more to the outside and gaining more lower body strength
-hollweg took a bad penalty, however besides that played a pretty good game
-the penguins have two top lines and would most likely beat a team with only one top pair of defenceman.....the rangers dont have even on top pairing....extremely evident
-rangers lack size up front and a hard hitter on the backend to keep guys heads up
-straka is....well straka, smart and fast enough to get the chances....not a good enough finisher to score 50 goals a year like he should
-IMO malkin is the better all around player
-avery was invisible....again, no more than 3.3 million/year
-this team needs a second line goal scorer to compliment both gomez and jagr so jagr doesnt get all the defensive attention

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote