HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 Post Game thread

Old
04-30-2008, 02:31 AM
dynamoovechkin

vCash: 500
My take:

I remember reading how our ineffective power play during the regular season was going to be our undoing in the playoffs. Well, um...

Game one had like 4 lucky bounces for goals for the Pens. A bad sign.

Yes, if Marty Straka could only finish.

Nigel Dawes wherefore are thou?

Fedor Tyutin- your stock is dropping, buddy.

Christian Backman- Somewhere JD is laughing his a** off. Offensive minded D-man has low hockey intelligence. He needs to go.

If only Shanny wasn't like 90 years old.

Was is Perry Pearn who was responsible for the power play?

Paging Sean Avery...

Marc Stall is a MAN, y'all.

Ryan Callahan's a beaut also.

Drury- can't fault you too much. Methinks Renney doesn't use you that well.

Renney- Matchups! Put somebody on Malkin- that guys a one man wrecking crew!

MA Fleury- I stand corrected. I thought the Pens couldn't win with you in net. You have earned all of our respect.

Sidney Crosby- diver extraoridinaire- and maybe not even the best player on his own team.

Petr Sykora- Why did we give up on you again?

Ryan Malone- Love to have you someday

Hollweg- dumb, dumb, dumb

Henke- nothing to be ashamed of my man.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:50 AM
MR50goalscorer
Grabo nets 50 !

anyone know what song was played before the game started?

something about survival, i need the title and artist name please

MR50goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:54 AM
92hatchattack

i find it pretty intresting how confident Jagr was in his post game interview that this series is not over yet. I wonder if he has one more gear saved up. Hell, ill take ANYTHING but a sweep at this point.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:42 AM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurian View Post

Check the Rangers website. Under the "Fan Zone" section there's a part called "Sounds of the game" that lists every song played before and after the game. I don't know how often it's updated but check it out.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
When the Rangers are out the season is over as far as I'm concerned. I usually won't watch other teams play and I don't think this year will be any exception. Having said that I never wish for the team that knocks us out to win the cup though on the other hand there is no way in the world I would ever root for the Flyers. That's not in the cards either. Sorry Pens fans--I'm not jumping on no bandwagons. Malkin and Crosby are great players but I don't particularly care for Sidney. I know if he were on the Rangers it would be different but--so what.

As for tonights game generally speaking we were the better team. Pittsburgh got better goaltending. We shot ourselves in the foot with a couple defensive lapses and an ill-timed penalty or two. Pittsburgh caught a break on the Laraque goal. We missed a chance to go ahead when Gomez rung one off the post. That was the big 'if' in the game as Straka's non-goal was the big 'if' in Game 2. If the Rangers had gone ahead with the momentum they were building instead of moments later going on a penalty kill--what then?

One other thing the Refereeing in this one was pretty good. Apart from Tyutin's penalty in game 2 that's two games in a row.

Good post Eco....agree with pretty much all you said here. Weird, felt even when we were down 3-1, we'd still figure out a way to win it. IMO, the Gomez shot hitting the pipe was the beginning of the end, at least to me it was. I knew once that occured, we likely weren't going to win.

Dunno why, but I just felt it was a deja vous moment...that Gomez shot. I guess having been a Ranger fan for as long as I have, I've seen this very same game many many times before and this one last night was no different than a Ranger/Canadian playoff game in '1979 Cup finals or a '86 ECF when our boys had to win and didn't or a '97 ECF vs Flyers in a must game being down 2-0 or a..............(fill in the blank)....you get my drift. Its sort of only fitting that one is born a Ranger fan, we needed to be tortured, teased but utlitmaly let down when its all said and done except of course for the magic that occured in '94.

Anyways, knowing our boys, we'll probably win 6-1 Thursday....we'll be leading 3-2 at Pitt over the weekend heading into the last 2 minutes of the game and than....well, we all know what happens than.....

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Personally, I've noticed a few little things that seem to have derailed in terms of on-the-ice play. Most noticeably the play of the rookies, Dubi and Dawes in particular. More so Dubinsky, but to a certain extent Dawes - they've stopped taking the initiative to be looked upon to score. Meaning, every chance Dubinsky gets to pass to Jagr or to Straka, he takes it, right or wrong. It's not a bad thing to be respecting the veteran playoff performers, but Brandon, you're a big reason why your team got where it's at now. Shoot the puck, drive wide, and play your game.
That really started happening when Renney put Straka on that line. I can't emphasize enough how wrong-headed I believe Renney has been for not putting the lines back together the way they were when the Rangers were playing their best hockey - Avery/Dubi/Jagr, Dawes/Gomez/Shanahan and Straka/Drury/Callahan. The Rangers play has NOT been the same ever since that Gomez injury.

Last edited by jas: 04-30-2008 at 08:30 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Good post Eco....agree with pretty much all you said here. Weird, felt even when we were down 3-1, we'd still figure out a way to win it. IMO, the Gomez shot hitting the pipe was the beginning of the end, at least to me it was. I knew once that occured, we likely weren't going to win.

Dunno why, but I just felt it was a deja vous moment...that Gomez shot. I guess having been a Ranger fan for as long as I have, I've seen this very same game many many times before and this one last night was no different than a Ranger/Canadian playoff game in '1979 Cup finals or a '86 ECF when our boys had to win and didn't or a '97 ECF vs Flyers in a must game being down 2-0 or a..............(fill in the blank)....you get my drift. Its sort of only fitting that one is born a Ranger fan, we needed to be tortured, teased but utlitmaly let down when its all said and done except of course for the magic that occured in '94.
Anyways, knowing our boys, we'll probably win 6-1 Thursday....we'll be leading 3-2 at Pitt over the weekend heading into the last 2 minutes of the game and than....well, we all know what happens than.....
I felt the same way, like I was reliving my past, crappy experiences with this team. Hell, I'll go all the way back to 75 when they scored two goals in the third period to tie the Fishsticks, only to give up a OT goal in the first 7 or 8 seconds to J.P. Parise!

Anyway, I think it all boils down to the Pens are better than the Rangers overall. The Rangers threw the kitchen sink at them last night and Pittsburgh still won by two goals. Jagr played great along with Gomez. We can't ask too much more from them. I thought Lundqvist had his worst game.

I still have the faith, but we need a miracle.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Only now am I actually able to come on here and post. I took that loss quite badly last night and just went to bed shortly after the game.

That game showed honestly that the Penguins are just the better team. The refs called a fair game and we had a chance to send a message and unfortunately, Lundqvist played the worst game of his career in my opinion. It's a shame because I thought alot of guys played really hard - especially Jagr.

I'm not giving up...maybe I'm insane, I dunno...I paid alot of money to go to Game 4 and I'll be there cheering for a miracle just like (shudder) the Red Sox fans did back in 2004.

I just hope it doesn't end like this for Jagr. I've ripped the guy sometimes, but the way he has finished this season is just inspiring. I also hope that this isn't the end for Shanahan and Straka too, although if it is, they have had amazing careers.

Just win one more time. I was there in 2006 when we got swept by the Devils and it was an absolutely sickening feeling. I really don't want to feel that again.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I felt the same way, like I was reliving my past, crappy experiences with this team. Hell, I'll go all the way back to 75 when they scored two goals in the third period to tie the Fishsticks, only to give up a OT goal in the first 7 or 8 seconds to J.P. Parise!

Anyway, I think it all boils down to the Pens are better than the Rangers overall. The Rangers threw the kitchen sink at them last night and Pittsburgh still won by two goals. Jagr played great along with Gomez. We can't ask too much more from them. I thought Lundqvist had his worst game.

Ya, that Parise goal back in '75 still stings as well with me. Its just typical Ranger antics like the hot girl in HS....tease tease tease us and than be left hangin with blue balls....lol. Seriously, once again, just not in the cards for us this year as it is most years. I truly thought up until last nights result, that we could hang with Pens and possibly beat them even with all the talent on the other side and make it to ECF....I really did.

Our experience and Lundqvist most likely outplaying MAF was what I was hanging my hat with but its apparent even with the boys playing their hearts out especially Jagr,Gomez,Drury...etc and it pains me to admit it, but we just aren't good enough. I like the direction the team is going in though and feel even if we lose a few of the vets, we have enough kids who will step up, enough solid and skilled players and of course enough cash to dole out to attract a few FA's.

Penguins though look as though they might have the makings of a mini-dynasty as all they need to do is keep Malkin and Cindy together for a few more years as well as a few of their other kids. It certainly has helped that they sucked as long as they did accumulating all those high draft picks as it was bound to be bountiful for them.

I can definitly see a Cup or two in that teams future. Not so sure about our club though even though we should remain playoff competitive for a few more years at least. Oh well...what ya goin do. I'd take another tease though come Thursday and I do believe we'll dominate that game with nothing to lose.....we'll see.

Old
04-30-2008, 10:32 AM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurian View Post

If you're talking about the intro on MSG with Al Trautwig talking, I think the song is called "Believe" by the Bravery

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
If you're talking about the intro on MSG with Al Trautwig talking, I think the song is called "Believe" by the Bravery

Yeah, your right...that was the song/group.

By the way speaking of Trautwig...what's the deal with his ridiculosly fake "tan"?? I know one looks a bit healthier with a little color and all but Al should go a bit easy with the spray on ****....he looked almost like an orange last night in his interview with MAF....

Old
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Yeah, your right...that was the song/group.

By the way speaking of Trautwig...what's the deal with his ridiculosly fake "tan"?? I know one looks a bit healthier with a little color and all but Al should go a bit easy with the spray on ****....he looked almost like an orange last night in his interview with MAF....
he's been hanging out with avery too much.

I blame this game on not having John Amirante sing the anthem.

Old
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Inferno, find out where Kovy lives, and send him some women, money, cars, whatever it takes to get him to demand a trade with NY, lol.........

I'll do the driving.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I have one thing to say if in fact the rangers do go down tomorrow or saturday...

We still beat the **** out of the Devils.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post

We need a pocketful of them...

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
We need a pocketful of them...
Especially when our lineup is being depleted every day.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
segmentation fault

We're desperate and a couple farm guys playing really couldnt hurt at this point.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That really started happening when Renney put Straka on that line. I can't emphasize enough how wrong-headed I believe Renney has been for not putting the lines back together the way they were when the Rangers were playing their best hockey - Avery/Dubi/Jagr, Dawes/Gomez/Shanahan and Straka/Drury/Callahan. The Rangers play has NOT been the same ever since that Gomez injury.
It was definitely noticeable in Game 3 the most. I can't fault Renney for line juggling - it has been something he did all season, and successfully at that. But I'd tell Dubinsky on the side to take a bit more initiative and start to play with a bit more self-confidence. Even that "grit" we saw against the Devils isn't as prominent.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
he's been hanging out with avery too much.

I blame this game on not having John Amirante sing the anthem.
He didn't sing last night? No wonder they lost. Why can't MSG bring him out at least for every playoff game?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:22 PM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
He didn't sing last night? No wonder they lost. Why can't MSG bring him out at least for every playoff game?
yea they had dan rodriguez or whatever sing.

Old
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Wow I didn't realize I had 1887 vcash . 18|87. Bad news.

1768 is much better . Of course that could change after tonight, but beh.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote