HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: GAME 4 ECSF 4/30/08 Montreal @ Philadelphia 7PM EDT RDS (HD), CBC (HD), CSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2008, 05:46 AM
  #26
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
win for me!
have a nice trip!


Hackett is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:14 AM
  #27
Habs _Fan
 
Habs _Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
The day will be long...I'm excited, a little bit worry but confident.

Go HABS go

Big win tonight!! ....3-1

Habs _Fan is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:18 AM
  #28
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,546
vCash: 50
Well tonight is basically a must win. We NEED Price to bring his ****ing A game and get his head out of his ass. And score the first ****ing goal for once and get a ****ing lead for once. I've never been more frustrated watching a hockey game then I was watching Game 3. The Flyers had maybe 2 quality scoring chances and 14 shots in total yet beat us...that is just ****ing unacceptable in the playoffs. Bear the **** down...and that goes for Carey in the net all way up to the top to Kovalev. Bury your ****ing chances and stop hitting the ****ing post or Biron in the ****ing chest. HE ISN'T THAT GOOD. No more lazy plays, time to take this series by the throat and go back home 2-2.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
  #29
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,058
vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
We need the first goal!!!!!

we still have not held the lead for one single solitary second in round 2.
Didn't we win the first game?

onice is online now  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
  #30
Strong and Free
Registered User
 
Strong and Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Didn't we win the first game?
We did, but we didn't hold the lead for any time during the game. OT winner.

A fast start with a couple of goals tonight and I think the series goes our way.

GO HABS GO!!!

Strong and Free is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
  #31
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 500
The effort out of the gate will be the greatest the habs have brought out this season to date. If the habs can keep that up, this game will be a lock. Can't slow down, must remain disciplined, and not allow the Flyers any weak ones!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
  #32
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,012
vCash: 500
Go Habs Go!!!!

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:41 AM
  #33
AlexMeth
Registered User
 
AlexMeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I BELIEVE!!

Here is the OFFICIAL VIDEO of Annakin Slayd - 25 (feels like 93)

Video killed the radio star.

GO HABS GO!

AlexMeth is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
  #34
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Im at work
just started 45 mins ago.

Cant work. Cant concentrate.

Will be a long day.

Im pumped. Im excited. Im nervous. Im anxious.

Go habs go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian_Brewtality is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:57 AM
  #35
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,387
vCash: 1380
Philly will be playing even more dirtier tonight but we will prevail!

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 07:58 AM
  #36
JayPSU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
I kind of enjoy some of the Flyers fans saying that their team was/played better for the last two games (which is completely understandable since they won both games). I just have this gut feeling that the Habs will destroy the Flyers for game 4 to eliminate all the Flyers fans confidence (Biron's confidence and also Richard Labbé from La Presse who thinks the serie is already over with the Habs trailing 2-1). I know it's a big if, but if I were a Flyers fans for the last two games, I would have been ******** in my pants in the 3rd period for both games. When you see the other team buzzing and controlling the puck in your zone for a good majority of the game, I don't think you could be that comfortable and confident... Just my 2 cents.

Go Go!

P.S.: If the Flyers win this series, I'll be the first one to congratulate them on their boards.
Uh, no, actually we've been very concerned that we haven't played as well as we did in the series against the Caps. The problem is we've been terrible once we get a lead, particularly a 2 or more goal lead. We suddenly stop doing the things we did to get that lead. We sit back, we allow easy access into our zone, we don't get the puck deep into the opposition zone, we play very tentative. When we got scored on in the 3rd period last game during the 5 minute major, we definitely started running around panicking. Don't forget though, before that boarding penalty, we started the 3rd period playing very well and the Habs weren't getting a sniff of Biron. But yes, our bad play in the last 3 games does have me concerned. We need to return to form in game 4 because the Habs will obviously give us their best game tonight.

JayPSU is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:04 AM
  #37
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
I woke up all nervous this morning. All the other series left in Round 2 are currently 3-0. We're the only trailers with a win. Think we can do this?
GO PRICE GO!

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:34 AM
  #38
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
Uh, no, actually we've been very concerned that we haven't played as well as we did in the series against the Caps. The problem is we've been terrible once we get a lead, particularly a 2 or more goal lead. We suddenly stop doing the things we did to get that lead. We sit back, we allow easy access into our zone, we don't get the puck deep into the opposition zone, we play very tentative. When we got scored on in the 3rd period last game during the 5 minute major, we definitely started running around panicking. Don't forget though, before that boarding penalty, we started the 3rd period playing very well and the Habs weren't getting a sniff of Biron. But yes, our bad play in the last 3 games does have me concerned. We need to return to form in game 4 because the Habs will obviously give us their best game tonight.
the habs not playing good hockey made the Flyers look a lot better then they actually are....

at any rate, tonight the habs win it. As they will with the next 2.

enjoy the 2 wins. I know all Flyers fans said (before this series even started) that anything after a first round win is gravy. So i really dont expect any of you to be disappointed with the losses.

The n00b King is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
  #39
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
GO HABS GO!

Just keep on bringing it as we have been. Get the goaltending. Get the bounces. Don't despair boys. It'll come. The tide will turn. We can beat this team.

Dan K is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
  #40
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
the habs not playing good hockey made the Flyers look a lot better then they actually are....

at any rate, tonight the habs win it. As they will with the next 2.

enjoy the 2 wins. I know all Flyers fans said (before this series even started) that anything after a first round win is gravy. So i really dont expect any of you to be disappointed with the losses.
As a Flyers fan (and I am one) how could you be disappointed in this team. They were the worst team last year and now they are giving the #1 seed in the East all they can handle. They are playing their hearts out. Even if they lose the next 3 games, I am happy with what I've seen from guys like Briere, Timonen, Richards, Carter, Coburn and most of the guys on this team and the way they've handled playoff pressure. This is where the real superstars earn their paycheck.

Snotbubbles is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:47 AM
  #41
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,546
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
have a nice trip!

Poor debbies fan.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
  #42
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
As a Flyers fan (and I am one) how could you be disappointed in this team. They were the worst team last year and now they are giving the #1 seed in the East all they can handle. They are playing their hearts out. Even if they lose the next 3 games, I am happy with what I've seen from guys like Briere, Timonen, Richards, Carter, Coburn and most of the guys on this team and the way they've handled playoff pressure. This is where the real superstars earn their paycheck.
I don't go over to the Flyers board much so I don't know if you've been crying (here it's known as Bulising) and/or hating on the Habs but I have to say I really admire your way of looking at things and I wish more Habs fans would think like you.

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
  #43
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 16,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Just win.
what.a.liar.


I knew I had to make a banner, damnit Harry

Jee is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
  #44
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Work hard, shoot hard, skate hard, hit hard, win.

Flyers can't keep the rhythm when we're playing our game.

GO HABS GO

Batarnac is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:01 AM
  #45
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Philly will be playing even more dirtier tonight but we will prevail!
They play dirty?!? Naah... It's playoff hockey!

Make us proud!
GO HABS GO!!!

Don't know if it's been mentionned, but Hatcher said that knowing he'd get a penalty after hitting Cube from behind, he would have finished him... Pure class I tell ya!!

roy munson is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:01 AM
  #46
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
I'm calling a win. The Habs are going to come out flying. Hopefully they get a couple the bounces tonight. They're due for one or two.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
  #47
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
They play dirty?!? Naah... It's playoff hockey!

Make us proud!
GO HABS GO!!!

Don't know if it's been mentionned, but Hatcher said that knowing he'd get a penalty after hitting Cube from behind, he would have finished him... Pure class I tell ya!!
Hatcher is a big bag of slow.

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
  #48
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,854
vCash: 500
Got a good feeling about tonight's game. Habs for the win.

GO HABS GO

PS: Love the Annakin Slayd vid

ToysInTheAttic is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:24 AM
  #49
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Hatcher is a big bag of slow.
And Flyers fan were applauding his comment...

Batarnac is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
  #50
Rushin Joo
Registered User
 
Rushin Joo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion View Post
And Flyers fan were applauding his comment...
I don't know if he really ment it, but if he did, what a total lack of respect for another human being. People like that should be jailed. ****in *****.

Rushin Joo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.