HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger fan...Flyer hater here...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
  #1
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Ranger fan...Flyer hater here...

While Ranger Nation is somewhat in mourning, at least I am, being down 3 to Zippo to the Pens, I've also kept a close eye on your series with the evil Flyers. Been a Flyer hater since the days of Dave Schultz and the Broadstreet Bullies and in no way would I be able to take a Flyer/Penguin ECF. With my fiance being from Montreal and my having been to your city a bunch of times, I sort of have a bit of fondness for the Canadians. It helps that I have Price and Higgy on my big $$ fantasy team as well...so I've followed your club very closely this year.

Here's my take: Montreal is much more skilled,faster and has much better goaltending than Philly. They also have not backed down at all to some of the Philly goon tactics and have went hit for hit with them throughout the series. Philly has been very fortunate to have have been playing with the lead since the series began.

I think its absolutaly crucial to get the first goal tonight. Let Carey play with a lead for the first time since Game 7 vs Boston and watch him shut them down. Let Philly start to think...."woah, this is a whole different ballgame this time" and play from behind. I think their sticks start to get tight and they start taking bad penalties which leads to Montreals strengths. Canadians PP is just about ready to pop as it showed 3rd period of game 3 when they dominated.

I doubt very highly Philly can win tonight if they don't have a lead from the beginning. If Canadians can somehow get a 2 goal cushion, I think you guys come back to the Bell Centre tied 2-2 with home ice again. Also Philly fans are very very fickle...trust me, I've been there for many a Ranger/Flyer game.

Once they get down 1 or 2-0, they'll start booing and **** and its all over for the home team. So for Flyer haters all over NY, which there are many, do us all a favor and send good aura to your boys as there is no way on gods green earth, Flyers should beat the Canadians.

Prediction: Montreal 4....Philly 1.....book it!!!....

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
  #2
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
We love you man!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
  #3
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
If we score first i expect at least a 3 goal margin win.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:57 AM
  #4
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Whoooooooo!
Thanks dude, down with the Philadelphia Cryers.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
  #5
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
thanks for the support!!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
  #6
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Us not going down 2 - 0 would be a great start.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
  #7
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Thanks for your support.
I think I like the Rag fans the most. Maybe because they hate us the least. Or maybe because they are actually classy. I like the Rags, too.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:04 PM
  #8
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
thanks for the support.

Now go away. we don't need any Avery lovin fans coming here and jinxing us.




GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:04 PM
  #9
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
thanks for the support.

Now go away. we don't need any Avery lovin fans coming here and jinxing us.



Timing

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:06 PM
  #10
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
thanks for the support.

Now go away. we don't need any Avery lovin fans coming here and jinxing us.



I know you don't know... but Avery was just brough to hospital after being found unconscious.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
  #11
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Timing
here's a clue..I obviously didn't see the other topic or I would not have mentioned Avery's name.


female fans.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
  #12
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
i feel for ya....yesterday's game for the rangers was a clone of our last 2 games. It sucks but i guess it's the way it goes...

Things are not dead though you play 2 of the next 3 games at home...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
  #13
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
here's a clue..I obviously didn't see the other topic or I would not have mentioned Avery's name.


female fans.
I know, just yanking your... uh, chain.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
  #14
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
here's a clue..I obviously didn't see the other topic or I would not have mentioned Avery's name.


female fans.
hey, no shaking heads to MY female!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
  #15
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
MY female!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
  #16
dlandry77
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
While Ranger Nation is somewhat in mourning, at least I am, being down 3 to Zippo to the Pens, I've also kept a close eye on your series with the evil Flyers. Been a Flyer hater since the days of Dave Schultz and the Broadstreet Bullies and in no way would I be able to take a Flyer/Penguin ECF. With my fiance being from Montreal and my having been to your city a bunch of times, I sort of have a bit of fondness for the Canadians. It helps that I have Price and Higgy on my big $$ fantasy team as well...so I've followed your club very closely this year.

Here's my take: Montreal is much more skilled,faster and has much better goaltending than Philly. They also have not backed down at all to some of the Philly goon tactics and have went hit for hit with them throughout the series. Philly has been very fortunate to have have been playing with the lead since the series began.

I think its absolutaly crucial to get the first goal tonight. Let Carey play with a lead for the first time since Game 7 vs Boston and watch him shut them down. Let Philly start to think...."woah, this is a whole different ballgame this time" and play from behind. I think their sticks start to get tight and they start taking bad penalties which leads to Montreals strengths. Canadians PP is just about ready to pop as it showed 3rd period of game 3 when they dominated.

I doubt very highly Philly can win tonight if they don't have a lead from the beginning. If Canadians can somehow get a 2 goal cushion, I think you guys come back to the Bell Centre tied 2-2 with home ice again. Also Philly fans are very very fickle...trust me, I've been there for many a Ranger/Flyer game.

Once they get down 1 or 2-0, they'll start booing and **** and its all over for the home team. So for Flyer haters all over NY, which there are many, do us all a favor and send good aura to your boys as there is no way on gods green earth, Flyers should beat the Canadians.

Prediction: Montreal 4....Philly 1.....book it!!!....
Man your team has to get it together. First off thanks for the support.

I don't mind your team but can't stand Avery. Go and beat the Pens, I can't stand that team. Just beacuse they suck for years they always get the best players in the league.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
  #17
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I know, just yanking your... uh, chain.
I know..me too.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
  #18
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
hey, no shaking heads to MY female!!
Speaking of having females, I once had a US border guard look at my gf next to me in the car and then ask me "and what's the purpose of the female". I kid you not. Very strange fellow all around.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
  #19
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Speaking of having females, I once had a US border guard look at my gf next to me in the car and then ask me "and what's the purpose of the female". I kid you not. Very strange fellow all around.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
  #20
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Your welcome for the support....its very easy to do seeing I can't stand the Flyers. I'd venture to say that most Ranger fans, at least the many that I know, can't stand the Flyers and hate them with a passion. Other than a few playoff series vs you guys over the year, there really hasn't been any hatred built up.

And to be honest, even if my fiance wasn't from Montreal or if I didn't have Price and Higgy on my fantasy team, I'd still be rooting for Montreal over Philly. Unless your from Philly, its extremely extremely hard to root for that team. And when your a longtime division rival like Rangers and Flyers are with such heated battles over the years, its virtually impossible to want them to win ever. It would be like you guys rooting for Toronto or Ottawa over anyone....it just seems dirty...right?

I have some Flyer fan buddies and I luv them guys like brothers but they are such crybabys when things don't go there way which is often...it irritates me. They are always complaining about the NHL has a conspiracy vs them cause they are so heavily penalized...blah blah blah. Well, if some of their players didn't resort to goon tactics on so many occassions(you hear me DHatcher...SDownie....RCote...JBoulerice?), maybe CCampbell and the the NHL wouldn't be suspending them all the time and telling refs to watch them so closely....eh?

Alot of people on the boards here complain about Montreal fans and even us Ranger fans alot? But alot of it is cause IMO, we are so passionate about our teams and we know our hockey.

Bottom line is there is no way Philly should have gotten this far in the series but they have and give them some credit. And it helps that Biron has never ever played this good nor ever will again....he's just not that good. But now its time for Montreal to show them who the better team is....and that begins with scoring the first goal tonight.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
  #21
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Speaking of having females, I once had a US border guard look at my gf next to me in the car and then ask me "and what's the purpose of the female". I kid you not. Very strange fellow all around.
If you answered with the following I'm through lurking you...
"To shut the **** up and make me a ****ing sandwich and get me a beer while she's at it. And to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen."

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:20 PM
  #22
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
I wasn't very amused. Didn't know what to think of it (strange figure of speech or if he was actually being condescending). But, he had a gun and all....so that pretty much nipped that in the bud.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:22 PM
  #23
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
If you answered with the following I'm through lurking you...
"To shut the **** up and make me a ****ing sandwich and get me a beer while she's at it. And to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen."
hahahaha

i can only imagine what his reaction would be, and her's if shes not aware of what your gonna answer.

the rest of the car ride could get ugly, and fast

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:22 PM
  #24
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
If you answered with the following I'm through lurking you...
"To shut the **** up and make me a ****ing sandwich and get me a beer while she's at it. And to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen."
Why should she be barefoot?


Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
  #25
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
While Ranger Nation is somewhat in mourning, at least I am, being down 3 to Zippo to the Pens, I've also kept a close eye on your series with the evil Flyers. Been a Flyer hater since the days of Dave Schultz and the Broadstreet Bullies and in no way would I be able to take a Flyer/Penguin ECF. With my fiance being from Montreal and my having been to your city a bunch of times, I sort of have a bit of fondness for the Canadians. It helps that I have Price and Higgy on my big $$ fantasy team as well...so I've followed your club very closely this year.

Here's my take: Montreal is much more skilled,faster and has much better goaltending than Philly. They also have not backed down at all to some of the Philly goon tactics and have went hit for hit with them throughout the series. Philly has been very fortunate to have have been playing with the lead since the series began.

I think its absolutaly crucial to get the first goal tonight. Let Carey play with a lead for the first time since Game 7 vs Boston and watch him shut them down. Let Philly start to think...."woah, this is a whole different ballgame this time" and play from behind. I think their sticks start to get tight and they start taking bad penalties which leads to Montreals strengths. Canadians PP is just about ready to pop as it showed 3rd period of game 3 when they dominated.

I doubt very highly Philly can win tonight if they don't have a lead from the beginning. If Canadians can somehow get a 2 goal cushion, I think you guys come back to the Bell Centre tied 2-2 with home ice again. Also Philly fans are very very fickle...trust me, I've been there for many a Ranger/Flyer game.

Once they get down 1 or 2-0, they'll start booing and **** and its all over for the home team. So for Flyer haters all over NY, which there are many, do us all a favor and send good aura to your boys as there is no way on gods green earth, Flyers should beat the Canadians.

Prediction: Montreal 4....Philly 1.....book it!!!....
Thanks for the good words. It proves that we're not hallucinating.
The Flyers have dominated 1 period out of 9 so far. Yet, they are leading 2-1, which is really mind boggling. On a regular basis, I think the numbers of posts hit per game is something like 1. So far, we have been at 3,5 in this series.

Montreal is like a sniper in a slump. We are working hard, the chances are there, it's a matter of time before it goes in. (1 summer for Kovalev).

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.