HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roszival

Old
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
Roszival is a coward

He only gives 75% on each shift. He is afraid to be hit. What happened to him since the all star break? He looks like he is cruising the ice. He doesn't give the full measure when we desperately need the puck cleared. He passes down the middle in the defensive zone. Doesn't get down and block shots like his other less talented mates.

Extreme disappointment, do not resign this man - he is holding us back.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The fact that he never shoots on the PP and makes careless mistakes in his own zone is enough to make me say don't resign him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I wouldnt call him a coward, its just that he's average, much like James Patrick was in the years before the cup. He's a bridge until we get someone better in his spot, whether that be trade, signing or through the organizational depth.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

There were moments, specifically how he played last year in the playoffs and late in the year where i thought this guy was legit.

But this year hes taken a big step back imo.

Hes stil lgood enough to play on a lower pair on a good team, but hes relied on too heavily by Renney and now that he'll be requesting top dollar, this is one guy i would steer clear of. He's a huge reason why the Rangers powerplay sucks and general ineptness during defensive breakdowns occur.

Its too bad because somewhere in there is a gritty smart player. Not cowardly by any means.

The Rangers are going to have to deal with that with Backman too, because hes even worse, especially when under pressure.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I really find his "lack of effort disturbing." Here is a good example.

Typical 2 - 2 line change scenario he is skating backwards, the forward dumps the puck. Instead of using his positional advantage to get the puck first and take the hit and play it to his open defensemen, he SLOWS... allows the one remaining attacker to get it in the corner and hold it until support arrives.

I have seen him make the following play maybe 100 times this season, it makes me cringe. Man up and get the puck over to Staal. Take the hit - you don't want to? Don't suit up.

Drives me nuts. Look at Giradi's and Drury's shot blocking efforts - look at Cally take a beating in front of the net - and Roszival is afraid to be hit.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Maybe he wants to be let go for some reason? It's really the only reason I can think of that explains his complete decline over the last few months. I mean, it's a contract year for him and he's completely quit on us. Maybe the contract in Omsk that is ready to sign, is for him, not Jagr?

Maybe he's hoping we'll resign him as a 3/4 instead of relying on him to be our #1?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
NY Ranger86

i thought he had a good playoff series, and a good game yesterday. he's not a #1 or even #2 defenseman...stop making him out to be.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
i thought he had a good playoff series, and a good game yesterday. he's not a #1 or even #2 defenseman...stop making him out to be.
He might not be but he's going to look to be paid as such.

04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Kendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He might not be but he's going to look to be paid as such.
ding ding ding, winner...

As the season wore on, we saw his value raise from the $4M range to $5M+.

At this point, I'm more inclined to look into Mara at around $3.75M (2yrs).

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't really know who's better who's available. But that is also irrelevant. I'm not overpaying a guy because there may or may not be someone better available.
Again, i'm not disagreeing with you, but it is relevant...

If you can't pay a better player, because they are not out there, what do you do with that first pairing?

We need a guy who can go on that top pairing.

The Rangers will still be in the same mode as they were this year: contend while retooling and rebuilding.

So, you have to assume there will be a go to guy there.

And since they would cost far too much in personnel to trade for, i really don't see any other option than to resign Rozsival.

And beyond that, he had a good year overall. And besides sometimes being very frustrating in his decisions, he is still a good guy to have. And produced in the playoffs with 4 points in 8 games, for a defenseman is not bad at all. Our PP overall as a team was bad, so i can't fault him on that personally.

IMO, i think we should bring him back.

Campbell is not leaving San Jose.

Michael Liles is not better defensively than Rozsival, and will probably cost as much.

And everyone else on the market is not nearly as good.

Again, unless we can make a reasonable deal for his replacement, i don't see Rozsival going anywhere.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post

If you can't pay a better player, because they are not out there, what do you do with that first pairing?

The Rangers will still be in the same mode as they were this year: contend while retooling and rebuilding.

And since they would cost far too much in personnel to trade for, i really don't see any other option than to resign Rozsival.

And beyond that, he had a good year overall. And besides sometimes being very frustrating in his decisions, he is still a good guy to have. And produced in the playoffs with 4 points in 8 games, for a defenseman is not bad at all. Our PP overall as a team was bad, so i can't fault him on that personally.

Michael Liles is not better defensively than Rozsival, and will probably cost as much.

Again, unless we can make a reasonable deal for his replacement, i don't see Rozsival going anywhere.
honestly, im big on defenseman being very good defensively and being able to punish there opponents so i would honestly rather have staal-orpik next year as the top pairing and see how that works out because both are big and physical

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

JM Liles wont cost as much as rozsival...he will get 2.5 or so im guessing because he had a down year this year

Old
04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Orpik - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Liles/Potter - Mara

?

Orpik - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
x - Mara

?

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 04-30-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old
04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Orpik - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Liles/Potter - Mara

?
wouldnt mind that....idk if i would put liles with mara...neither are very good defensively

Old
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I still like...

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter/Mara/Backman

Old
04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

People seriously need to actually watch these defenseman before stat searching and wanting to sign them.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

I don't know who would be a better fit but I'd like to see Mara back as a 5th/6th defenseman and Rozsival gone. There has to be a right handed shooting defenseman out there available via free agency or through a trade that we could pair with Staal to create our first pairing. That is what we really lack. We need a top pairing dman to pair with Staal.
Tyutin/Girardi are a competent second pairing and Backman/Baranka along with Mara/Potter can be our third pairing. Get that #2 guy and we should be ok.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I TRY DEFENDING ROZSIVAL.

BUT I WILL NOT ANYMORE.

HE COST US THIS GAME.

BYE BYE, ROZSIVAL.

PLEASE LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT.

DO NOT COME BACK.

Old
05-04-2008, 04:18 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

i would not bring him back

in fact i am not going to resign him on my nhl 08 franchise to teach him a lesson

i wont bash him as he has been good in the past but the 2nd half of the season and playoffs have been a big step back

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I will run him over if I ever see him. If I see him on the roster next season, I'll burn every jersey I own.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote