HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I still cant believe the Habs didnt get more for Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2008, 02:49 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I repeat...I do not think he would ever have become this good in Montreal. Not because he didn't have the talent, just because of the mentality he had while he was here. He never had to train hard, he was very popular, everybody knew him...he basically thought he was king in Montreal and enjoyed it way too much.

Rewind to the start of the 2006-2007 season, he's shipped off to Dallas and he is a big NOBODY over there. He matures and becomes a PROFESSIONAL and we are seeing the results today. He had too many bad influences in Montreal to become the professional he is today...

Wait are you talking about Theodore?

Old
04-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I wonder if that sort of turned a light on, with him.
contract year?

Old
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
We got what we could for what Ribeiro was worth at that time! Ribeiro needed a fresh start with a new team and he got it, nobody knew he would turn out to be a decent hockey player....cuz he sure didn't show it in Montreal!
He's leading the playoffs for points and I think he was leading his team for points. How can you call him just decent? That guy is damn good in my opinion. If he was playing here, he would be the 2nd best player also, he's definitely a good center, something Montreal lacks.

Old
04-30-2008, 02:54 PM
RE-HABS

[QUOTE=mcphee;13935518]He got benched late last year with Dallas. Tippett made a comment about them not needing soft, perimeter offense, can't remember the exact context. I wonder if that sort of turned a light on, with him. He plays a different game now, more apt to battle for loose pucks. He plays with Morrow too, who sets a tremendous example regarding work ethic.[/QUOTE]

He bought into a system where he had to earn the icetime, where as in Montreal he bought the media garbage and fan praise about him thinking he didn't have to prove his worth to get top icetime.

I would not be surprised to see Michael Ryder a Star next year on a line with Mike Ribeiro and Morrow who is a left winger. Ryder and Ribs always had chemistry, and Mike is matured now and plays a team game and let's face it Hull is the 1/2 GM there and is a former goal scorer himself who was a "one dimensional" player until he got to Dallas and learnt their two way game. Hull and Co. may take a chance on a UFA like Ryder, he has shown a better defensive game this year and they know at 27 he is entering his prime and could do a lot of damage at a cheap price.

Old
04-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Guillemin

I still can't believe he's playing such a strong all around game.

I would have taken Janne Niinimaa for our version of Mike Ribeiro. This version is altogether different.

Old
04-30-2008, 02:59 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Wait are you talking about Theodore?
We're just missing Dagenais and we have the 3 Muskateers of Montreal Nightlife

Old
04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
I can't believe it's not butter.
Hey Beaker, can we get an auto delete on these types of threads?
I wish we could get an auto delete....

Closed Thread