HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak gets the nod Tonight

Old
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
marchabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Well if we lose tonight, All the pressures off Price and we can comeback to win three in a row for the series win.
and if we win we have to put halak in game 5 and just there the WHOLE GOALIE DEBATE RAGES ON AGAIN.
Bad move.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
It's not the move that I would have made but I'm not upset with this decision and I'm not going to second-guess Carbonneau about it.

Kick some ass Jaro and show the world that this team has TWO great young goalies!

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Unspoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriceisRight View Post
Price has a broken hand!
That is exactly what I'm thinking.

Unspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CrisisInMTL

After thinking it over for a few minutes I'm in favour of this move.

What Carbo has done is deflect all the pressure and blame away from the young team especially Price. Now if the Habs lose, instead of having the most rabid fan base blaming Price for losing us #25 everyone will be furious at Carbo. I think this is a good move for the mental health of Price and the entire team.

And if they win then even better!

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Namso

To those saying this is going to ruin Price's confidence I disagree, this is make or break for Halak.

If we lose, Price is let off the hook, Carbo and Halak get all the blame. It allows us to get eliminated w/o people doubting Price.

I think Carbo might be protecting Price right now.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Brutal descision... Brutal, brutal, brutal decision. Hopefully Price will get back in shape and will be ready for the remainder of the playoffs. He's our #1, and even though he's been struggling, I was confident to see him bounce back tonight...

If really Price needs some rest, it's all right. If the kid was reasdy to go, though, brutal decision.

Well... good luck Halak.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
WOW!!

Hope he has a good game.

Tonights winner wins the serie.

GO! HABS GO!
Very tough decision for Carbo.... if Halak sucks Carbo will face the heat...if Price starts and loses.... Carbo faces the heat. If Halak wins he looks like a genius. If Price starts and wins it would show great confidence ....so very tough any way you look at it

This was my thought also today... 3-1 they don't come back....2-2 it is then a best of 3 with 2 games at home.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
So, you'd rather put in Price...who's struggled for most of the playoffs

Id understand that you'd be pissed if Danis would be there, but Halak is a solid goalie...

A fired up Halak > a shakey Price
I would rather put in Price. At least Price has faced play-off pressure. Has played NHL games in abundance over the past season. Halak has two shots NHL play-off experience. Has only played 2-5 games this season in the NHL.

Price got you to this point. You put your faith in him and keep going. WIthout him, Boston is where we are and we're on the golf course. I don't like this decision. We basically can't go back to Price unless we're facing elimination.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office View Post
After thinking it over for a few minutes I'm in favour of this move.

What Carbo has done is deflect all the pressure and blame away from the young team especially Price. Now if the Habs lose, instead of having the most rabid fan base blaming Price for losing us #25 everyone will be furious at Carbo. I think this is a good move for the mental health of Price and the entire team.

And if they win then even better!
exactly. this is what i think also.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
this is ridiculous...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stfs25

Go Habs Go!
Go Halak Go!

stfs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Richybaby

Series over

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Habsaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Balls?

I'd say stupidity, in abundance.

We are a team that will always be outcoached and be on the losing end of trades fo rthe most part Gainey and Carbo must go!

Habsaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Philly was being rough with Price. They got into his head. Price has played A LOT of hockey and went through a lot for a 20 years old over the past year or two. He's human. Halak is licking his chops at a chance to shine and he's a good goalie. He won't go in dry either since he had a little practice last game and did really well. The players need a wake up call. I think it's the right move.

But it's just like last season when Carbo went with Huet instead of Halak in the last game of the season against the leafs. It was a lose-lose situation. The only thing that can redeem him is his choice doing well no matter what and the players stepping up to the plate.

I'm confident for tonight. Win and we probably will win the series, lose and we're most likely out.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic View Post
We are a team that will always be outcoached and be on the losing end of trades fo rthe most part Gainey and Carbo must go!
...seriously...?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Flyer fan, coming in peace...

That takes onions! I bet the team picks up it's play...not that you guys have played bad at all, just not getting the bounces.

As far as starting the back-up, wow is right. Better "if" (and I do say that loosely) you lose, to lose with your best chance of winning (Price, IMHO) than Halak. This will make Carbo look like a hero, or he'll be the scape goat! No?

What are your thoughts?

Should be interesting!

May the best team win, good luck and enjoy the game.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic View Post
Just Carbonneau.

Gainey is the perfect GM for this team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gerrythegreat

If you check my profile you will see I don't post often. A colleague at work is the sister of a english canada tv media journalist and she told me this morning that Price was injured something about something sprained in one of his leg. I believe her and also believe this had something to do in Carbo's dissision.

gerrythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Two saves in a third period and he has confidence? Eh, yeah. A guy who has played a couple periods of mop up and what, 5 regular season games? All season. We're putting him in a must-win game? Illogical.
Confidence isn't measured by saves there smart guy. It's measured by faith, and the CH has put full faith in him tonight. That instills confidence.

"Illogical" is turning your back on Jaroslav tonight

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
znk

Quote:
I would rather put in Price. At least Price has faced play-off pressure. Has played NHL games in abundance over the past season. Halak has two shots NHL play-off experience. Has only played 2-5 games this season in the NHL.

Price got you to this point. You put your faith in him and keep going. WIthout him, Boston is where we are and we're on the golf course. I don't like this decision. We basically can't go back to Price unless we're facing elimination.
If Price was Huet and Halak was Price you'd all be stroking it right now. But we cant touch Price....noooooo. He can goal like a peice of crap but you'll still think it's the best peice of crap out there.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
x-bob

Quote:
I don't give a **** if we win the remaining games of the play-offs and win the cup. The guy is a terrible coach. I'm not and will never waiver from my stance on Carbonneau as a coach.
If we end up winning the Cup and you don't change your stance then that just shows how little hockey knowledge you have and how irrational your thinking is. How can we win the cup with the worst coach ! If its possible then screw coaching....no team would need a coach anymore.

Come on, I hated Carbonneau last year and at the begining of the year. his decisions were bad and they rarely worked. But you have to give credit where credit is due. He is one the reasons why we fiished first in the East. You have to give him the benifit of the doubt.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs_Apostle

Look, this is a great decision. Price has been terrible and is clearly rattled. Having him sit for a game might help him clear his head. Who knows, maybe he is just mentally and physically tired. Giving him a game off at this point sure as hell can't hurt.

If you play him tonight and he gets bombed, he might not recover in time to help us out in this series. Put Halak in there and if he gets bombed, then you have a rejuvinated Price that can still come in and save the day. All in all I think it's a good decision.

Come on people! Keep the faith!

Go Habs Go!!!!

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Just Carbonneau.

Gainey is the perfect GM for this team.
who hired Carbo?

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

really stupid move

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I have mixed feeling on this

Not that i have anything against Halak but i was expecting a "Do Or Die" situation with Price. On the other hand if Carbo thinks that Price confidence has been shaken up too much and that Halak wound give us a better chance at winning then i can somehow understand his decision.

We shall see tonight i guess

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote