HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question

Old
05-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Moester

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Question

I have one question...If the Flyers take this series in 5...6...or even 7 games...Montreal exits in the second round. Is that really so bad?

Sure we all want the cup to come home, and to get as deep as possible. But lets be honest, next year we're returning as pretty much the same team...and that is a good thing. Everyone on the Canadien's bench is learning what it takes to win, from the coaches to the players everyone needs more experience.

Some players have proven themselves as playoff performers, and other have shown where they need to improve. So Martin Biron is looking more like Patrick Roy than Price is right now...so what? He's much younger and should be even better next year. Halak got some playoff play and showed that he's go chops (those goals were tough to stop and he made some great saves) As much as I got swept up in the cup fever, I'm very happy with what has been accomplished this year. Next year should be a very good year with a strong possibility of heading to the conference finals and possibly winning the cup.

Not that the year is over yet, we might still be able to come back...after all had we converted on even 1/4 of those near misses we would be packing and on our way to Pittsburgh right now. All I'm saying is that even if we lose we have a very bright future ahead of us, and we can't lose sight of that.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote