HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kudos to Josh, Tom, Brian and Saku

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2008, 11:15 PM
  #1
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Kudos to Josh, Tom, Brian and Saku

Thank you guys for showing in these serie and making us believe we could actually pass round 2

the others... I hope you will shine in golfing this summer, and try to practice shooting on balls

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
  #2
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Thank you guys for showing in these serie and making us believe we could actually pass round 2

the others... I hope you will shine in golfing this summer, and try to practice shooting on balls

Did you mean Bryan Smolinspuke ?!

This guy has been horrible in this series, I hope he is gone next season !!

Also, Sergei Kostitsyn has been the best forward after Saku Koivu...he should receive some mentions too...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
  #3
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Did you mean Bryan Smolinspuke ?!

This guy has been horrible in this series, I hope he is gone next season !!

Also, Sergei Kostitsyn has been the best forward after Saku Koivu...
i wouldnt say horrible, but that giveaway to lead the 2nd philly goal was such a dumb play, who throws a blind weak pass into the center of the ice?

fyi: skost has been awful as of late, and was pretty bad for the tail end of the boston series

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:01 AM
  #4
Maximus Taylor
 
Maximus Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
I thought Francis also did an honest job. Maxim also, he played with what he could (still doing better than Streit and Dandy)

Whatever you might think of his bonehead penalty, Steve gave his all also.

Players are injured, it happens. Some players are in their first year in the playoffs. I mean, come on, I hear tonight that Setoguchi made an error but it happens since he's a rookie... how many playoffs games did some of the young guys play before this year?

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:02 AM
  #5
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn has been the best forward after Saku Koivu
It's a cliche but:

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:08 AM
  #6
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Also, Sergei Kostitsyn has been the best forward after Saku Koivu...he should receive some mentions too...
Take off the fan-boy... I mean fan-girl glasses.... Seriously.... SKost has not been the second best forward in this series.... Kostopolous has been better... Smolinski has been better... Kovalev has been better.... Plekanec has been better....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:19 AM
  #7
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Saku is busting his ass off.

I mentioned it in the bar tonight when I was watching the game
Some guy started telling me off, I told him to not talk to me if he wants to be an idiot.was trying to tell me kovalev was the best player on the ice.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
  #8
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Saku is busting his ass off.

I mentioned it in the bar tonight when I was watching the game
Some guy started telling me off, I told him to not talk to me if he wants to be an idiot.was trying to tell me kovalev was the best player on the ice.
Was it TheDamned?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:27 AM
  #9
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Was it TheDamned?
no, i would have simply slugged him for each and everyone of his stupid posts on here.

so much better with him on ignore

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:22 AM
  #10
marvelousmotion
Registered User
 
marvelousmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Gotta give credits to Josh Gorges.

Seriously, who would have expected him to be our most reliable defenceman come playoffs time? He's doing all the little things right, plays with passion and is always willing to hustle/battle for the puck despite his small frame.

The kid is a keeper for a long-time, he's the perfect #5-6 defenceman.. Really impressed me so far in the series.

Also, two thumbs up for Tom Kostopoulos. Knows what it takes to win, really stepped his game up in the series.


The two biggest disappointments for me on the other hand..

Mark Streit and Andrei Markov. Why isn't our powerplay working in the playoffs? The answer is here.

Honorable mentions to Higgins, Komisarek and the Kostitsyns.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:29 AM
  #11
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Saku is busting his ass off.

I mentioned it in the bar tonight when I was watching the game
Some guy started telling me off, I told him to not talk to me if he wants to be an idiot.was trying to tell me kovalev was the best player on the ice.
Weren't you supposed to be in Philly?

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:31 AM
  #12
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Weren't you supposed to be in Philly?
I mentioned it last night in the out of town thread.. my friends cancelled on me last minute.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
  #13
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1 View Post
Gotta give credits to Josh Gorges.

Seriously, who would have expected him to be our most reliable defenceman come playoffs time? He's doing all the little things right, plays with passion and is always willing to hustle/battle for the puck despite his small frame.

The kid is a keeper for a long-time, he's the perfect #5-6 defenceman.. Really impressed me so far in the series.

Also, two thumbs up for Tom Kostopoulos. Knows what it takes to win, really stepped his game up in the series.


The two biggest disappointments for me on the other hand..

Mark Streit and Andrei Markov. Why isn't our powerplay working in the playoffs? The answer is here.

Honorable mentions to Higgins, Komisarek and the Kostitsyns.
He's not as good as usual.. but he's not that bad either. And playing with Komisarek doesn't help ATM. We all know Markov's a little injured, though he seems to be more at ease lately... but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Komisarek is in very poor shape. He's been avoiding serious contacts since his comeback, and that's the absolute opposite of Micheal Komisarek.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:33 AM
  #14
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I mentioned it last night in the out of town thread.. my friends cancelled on me last minute.
I guess it's better that way... a 7 hours ride after that game would have been extremely painful.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:55 AM
  #15
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I guess it's better that way... a 7 hours ride after that game would have been extremely painful.
ya, 8 hours

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.