HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Message for all real fans!

Old
04-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Message for all real fans!

I don't know if I can post here if the article is in french but whatever, THE game is tomorow. If anyone here reads french, I wrote this article for all the fans that stopped believing.

http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/appel-a-...ns-t27970.html
Chers partisans des Canadiens,

Tout d'abord, je voudrais, au moyen de cet article, essayer de vous convaincre de continuer de croire jusqu'au bout. Depuis hier, la panique a semé Montréal et du même coup, les Bruins de Boston sont devenus les grands favoris dans le coeur de bien des partisans. Est-ce par la peur de perdre? En ayant peur de perdre, ne sommes-nous pas, en tant que partisans et supporteurs, sur le chemin d'abandonner sans même avoir essayé? Pensez-y. Vous voulez que l'équipe des Canadiens de Montréal donne leur maximum d'efforts et qu'ils jouent avec fierté n'est-ce pas? Alors, nous devions en être l'exemple nous-mêmes! Ce fameux match décisif se joue à Montréal, devant nous! Pour tous ceux qui ont déjà honte de leur équipe et qui sont déjà prêts à ne plus rien porter ou décrocher tout ce qui est des Canadiens, ayez honte de vous-mêmes! Si vous voulez vraiment le bien de l'équipe, supportez-les jusqu'à la dernière seconde! Vous n'y perdez rien. S'ils gagnent, vous pourrez dire que vous avez supporté l'équipe même quand personne n'y croyait encore. S'ils perdent, vous pourriez dire que vous êtes dans la minorité qui n'a rien à se blâmer, ce que plusieurs ne peuvent affirmer.

Beaker Edit: Lets put a link and then someone can provide a translation, and then we are all good by the rules

Last edited by Chfan: 05-02-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Koivu2001

vCash: 350
amazing article, but why was it edited?, I didnt find anything wrong with it.

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:27 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu2001 View Post

Posts have to be in English. Site rules.

I wouldn't mind reading it, but I unfortunately can't read French.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu2001 View Post

Its getting a link... and hopefully then one of our french posters can translate the key points for us all.... That way everything is on the up and up with our sponsors and site rules.

I'm on the case and making sure we get this up the proper way... Don't worry guys.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Gilles Tremblay

Why do the Habs need our blind, absolute, undying support? They'll be fine even if some guys takes down the Habs flag from his pickup truck.

I don't think anyone is going to boo the team when they get on the ice tonight. No one is stopping them from playing their hearts out tonight. Most of the analysts who predict a Habs defeat do so -- rightly or wrongly -- because of what they've seen in the five previous games.

The reason some people are losing the fever is not because the Habs have lost three games against the Bruins, it's because they see their team play without as much emotion and effort as they would like. If the players don't seem to care, why should we?

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
Why do the Habs need our blind, absolute, undying support? They'll be fine even if some guys takes down the Habs flag from his pickup truck.

I don't think anyone is going to boo the team when it gets on the ice tonight. No one is stopping them from playing their hearts out tonight.

The reason some people are losing the fever is not because the Habs have lost three games against the Bruins, it's because they see their team play without as much emotion and effort as they would like. If the players don't seem to care, why should we?
That's the effect of the Bruins' style.. Basically, bore everyone to death and make the opposing team look flat.

Old
04-21-2008, 02:39 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
"First of all, I would want, by means of this item, try to convince you to continue to believe to the end. Since yesterday, the panic sowed Montreal, the Boston Bruins became the big favorite one in the heart of several supporters. Is this by the fear to lose? In being afraid to lose, are we not, as supporters and supporters, on the way to abandon without even to have tried? Think there. You want that the team of the Canadians of Montreal gives their maximum of efforts and that they play with pride, isn't that right? Then, we have to be the example ourselves! This fine decisive game plays Montreal itself, in front of us! For all those that already have shame of their team and are ready carry or unhook all what is Canadians, be ashamed of yourself! If you really want whats good of the team, bear them until the last second! You do not lose anything. If they win, you will be able to say that you bore the same team when no one believed again. If they lose, you could say that you are in the minority that has nothing to criticize itself, which several cannot assert."

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I don't know if I can post here if the article is in french but whatever, THE game is tomorow. If anyone here reads french, I wrote this article for all the fans that stopped believing.

http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/appel-a-...ns-t27970.html
Dear Canadiens members/supporters,

I'd like to, through this article, try to convince all of you to believe until the very end. Since yesterday, panic has swept through Montreal, and now the Boston Bruins have become large favourites even in the hearts of Habs fans. Is it fear of losing? Due this fear of losing are we, despite being members and supporters, starting down the road to giving up without even trying?

Think about it. You want the team to give their maximum effort and play with pride, right? So, we should set the example ourselves. This famous deciding match is being played in Montreal, in front of us! For those who have already given up on the team, or have already stopped associating themselves with anything Canadiens, keep it to yourselves!

If you really want what's good for the team, support them to the last second. You have nothing to lose. If they win, you can say that you supported the team, even after others had stopped believing. If they lose, you can still say that you are in the minority who have no need to feel any blame or be ashamed... something many others cannot attest to.

----------------------
O_J edit: It has been about 12 years since I was in French Immersion, and have spent the last 4 years living in Japan learning Japanese and teaching English, but I think I got the gist of it. Someone else could translate it better, but in the mean time, this should help the French-challenged.

Beaker Edit: Lets put a link and then someone can provide a translation, and then we are all good by the rules

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:46 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
That's the effect of the Bruins' style.. Basically, bore everyone to death and make the opposing team look flat.
Ah, on cue, here come the style arguments and excuses, as if we haven't heard that enough.

Have you honestly been "bored" during this series? Really? If so I feel bad for you.

Saturday was maybe one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. 2 OT games in this series as well. Close, hard-hitting, classic playoff hockey. Ancient rivals battling for their shot to advance.

The Bruins aren't making the Habs look flat, their making them flat. And the Habs aren't doing anything to stop it. I'd look at your own team before reaching to blame the way the Bruins play for the current state of this series.

As this series has gone on, the majority of Habs are shying away from contact more and more. Kovalev on the GWG Saturday is the freshest example.

I know this much: If the Habs had played this entire series with the intensity the Bruins have, it would have already been over.

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Ah, on cue, here come the style arguments and excuses, as if we haven't heard that enough.

Have you honestly been "bored" during this series? Really? If so I feel bad for you.

Saturday was maybe one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. 2 OT games in this series as well. Close, hard-hitting, classic playoff hockey. Ancient rivals battling for their shot to advance.

The Bruins aren't making the Habs look flat, their making them flat. And the Habs aren't doing anything to stop it. I'd look at your own team before reaching to blame the way the Bruins play for the current state of this series.

As this series has gone on, the majority of Habs are shying away from contact more and more. Kovalev on the GWG Saturday is the freshest example.

I know this much: If the Habs had played this entire series with the intensity the Bruins have, it would have already been over.

As much as we may hate to admit it; WBC8 has it right....

But thats okay... I'm sure the coaches have seen the light... and the light is to quit this passive trap style and play an aggressive forecheck one...

Ladies and Gents the Theme of the Day Is FORECHECK.... We do that we will win... we don't its gonna take a Carey Price Miracle to keep us from losing.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post

I don't mind saying I agree with the points in your post. The preconceptions coming into the series have been blown out the window.

Anyone who's watched this game for any time knows that in the modern NHL there are two seasons: one for stats and one for the Cup. In the second season, the ice gets smaller and only those who are willing to pay the price in terms of physical punishment are rewarded. It wasn't hard to wonder in watching this team all season how they'd respond when the games got tighter physically.
It's obvious now that several of our key players throughout the season have to find a new or renewed level of committment; it's that simple. If that happens, and we have a little luck on our side, the game tonight will go in our favour.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Really nice article!! =)

5201314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

A little bump.. thought this was good for our situation right now too... except for the Bruins part. But similar situation, we need our real fans.

Old
05-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
A little bump.. thought this was good for our situation right now too... except for the Bruins part. But similar situation, we need our real fans.
The real fans never left and never stopped for one second to believe.

I truly believe we have been the better team even if flyers fans wont admit it. The luck will go our way. Were gonna get a lead for the first time and I think that lead will come early in game 5.

GO GO!!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote