HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Topic: Ron Fournier on CKAC last night BEGGING on open air for Bob to get Lecavalier

Old
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Topic: Ron Fournier on CKAC last night BEGGING on open air for Bob to get Lecavalier

(I know this is somewhat of a dead horse topic, but...)

I was doing some driving last night listening to the popular Ron Fournier RANTING and RAMBLING ON AND ON in an LENGTHY and IMPASSIONED OPEN-AIR SPEECH to Bob Gainey... AGRESSIVELY BEGGING, PLEADING, even DARING him to acquire Lecavalier and his 85 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT from the Bolts...

no matter what it would take

Pacioretty
D'Agostini
Weber
Halak
Higgins
Chipchura

doesn't matter... trade em all... doesn't matter...

Even do a 6 for 1 swap!!!

Give Tampa 6 cheap young talents in "an offer they can't refuse"

It kind of made me feel a bit sick listening to him BEG Bob to do it... all just to get one talented local boy initialed V.C.

Was anyone else listening to this garbage?

?????????

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Habs8517

he is a moron and a racist
ever since the habs have become good, like in the last 3 years, ckac has gone downhill and become a racist station

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Get Lecavalier

Trade,Latendresse,Lapierre,Dandenault,Bouillon,Beg in ect.etc. see what Ron thinks? I think Ron should stop smoking crack... or start

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:44 AM
wolfinhabsclothing

He's signed for 11 more years. 11! Please see DiPietro, Rick for all the reason you need to NOT do this. Not to mention that if the economy continues to worsen, revenues and the cap are sure to fall.

Of course, who could expect Fournier to think about more than one variable at a time. "The cap - c'est quoi ca? Economic crisis - never heard of it!"

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
totalrecall

Some media,, such as CKAC with Ron, 110%, RDS etc

is like hair on your a$$. You know it's there, but you can't do nothing about it

Sorry for the imagery folks

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Haddock

Yes yes, they're all racist.

Moving on...

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Some media,, such as CKAC with Ron, 110%, RDS etc

is like hair on your a$$. You know it's there, but you can't do nothing about it

Sorry for the imagery folks

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
(I know this is somewhat of a dead horse topic, but...)

I was doing some driving last night listening to the popular Ron Fournier RANTING and RAMBLING ON AND ON in an LENGTHY and IMPASSIONED OPEN-AIR SPEECH to Bob Gainey... AGRESSIVELY BEGGING, PLEADING, even DARING him to acquire Lecavalier and his 85 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT from the Bolts...

no matter what it would take

Pacioretty
D'Agostini
Weber
Halak
Higgins
Chipchura

doesn't matter... trade em all... doesn't matter...

Even do a 6 for 1 swap!!!

Give Tampa 6 cheap young talents in "an offer they can't refuse"

It kind of made me feel a bit sick listening to him BEG Bob to do it... all just to get one talented local boy initialed V.C.

Was anyone else listening to this garbage?

?????????
that was sad....

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Time to take old Ron out to pasture...

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
MathMan

Ron's crazy. I think Lecavalier is a great player but I wouldn't want that contract, let alone sell the Habs' very impressive farm for it.

That said I'm wondering if Lecavalier might just be, in the back of his mind, questioning the wisdom of hitching his wagon to what is turning out to be a... well, rather less-than-well-managed franchise for so long and in the process signing what could turn out to be an untradeable contract, locking him in the franchise even if he eventually wants out.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
NewHabsEra*

Ron is a showman, he is there to entertain folks.. Personally, Im rarely listening at his show but when I do, Im rather amused with the old good Ron and his pathetic callers..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
God, can the media just get over it. It's just not happening.

Vinny has full no-trade protection on his new deal (not on the one that expires this summer apparently though), so even if they ever agreed on a deal, the odds of him accepting are low. If he wanted to be a Hab, he would have never re-signed in TB after an abysmal season last season and would have gone onto the UFA market this summer. The guy just doesn't want to be here, move on already.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-11-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Jigger77

Racist eh? lol. Isn't that a little on the strong side?

Excentric, definitely. Racist? Come on.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Treal

All your Lecavalier are belong to us!

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
he is a moron and a racist
ever since the habs have become good, like in the last 3 years, ckac has gone downhill and become a racist station
Why would you call him racist? Do you know what that word means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Ron is a showman, he is there to entertain folks.. Personally, Im rarely listening at his show but when I do, Im rather amused with the old good Ron and his pathetic callers..
That's the way I see it too. It's called a shtick, a routine. Ron gets carried away and does it on purpose. Good for a laugh, if you don't take him too seriously. If you take him seriously, that's your problem. (not referring to you, NHA)

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-11-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
All your Lecavalier are belong to us!
LOL !!

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Dr. Charles

I heard that too.

I closed the radio, it was enough...but racism, I dont know...

As for the real stuff :

I think he totally forgot about the day we traded for Recchi.

Then they said for years that 3 for 1 was the worse thing a GM could ever do...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Kriss E

Who ever takes what Ron says seriously??..

He's a crackhead.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
kostitsyn1489

I watched a little bit of 110% yesterday and JC said Plekanec would be a good trade bait.

To me it makes no sense, but it's not the first time here or media that we want to trade a guy that is in slump before he has no value... I find that really stupid honestly... He was amazing last year, 1st line center, he might have been our best player since 2 years, but now he's in a slump he's expendable trade him we can fix anoher problem(while leaving a hole wide open somewhere else). I'm not a big Rinfret fan, but yesterday he looked fine and made JC look like a fool, same for De Foy.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I watched a little bit of 110% yesterday and JC said Plekanec would be a good trade bait.

To me it makes no sense, but it's not the first time here or media that we want to trade a guy that is in slump before he has no value... I find that really stupid honestly... He was amazing last year, 1st line center, he might have been our best player since 2 years, but now he's in a slump he's expendable trade him we can fix anoher problem(while leaving a hole wide open somewhere else). I'm not a big Rinfret fan, but yesterday he looked fine and made JC look like a fool, same for De Foy.
Everybody is good trade bait for the right return.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Definition of a radio show.....Choosing a subject and trying to have it as interesting as possible so you won't be talking to yourself....Lecavalier is an interesting subject, he's talking about it.

Guys.....it's just a radio show....the guy has air to fill......You just can't talk about the games that were.....they usually do it the night of the game. So what's left to talked between games?

What are we talking in HF between games? He could go back to Brière again if he wants, the only think that it will do to me is listen and then choose to listen or not if I'M interested or not.....

I will never understand why we're against the subject that the host of any shows is talking about. Unless the subject is racist, sexist or any other "ist" like that, fine. But a Lecavalier subject? The only thing needed is for a caller to call during that show and say to Run how first, maybe the Lighting DOES NOT want to trade him no matter what? And maybe that it's not such a good idea to have a guy with that kind of contract especially since the salary cap might take a plunge in 2 years.

And again, those guys are not to be taken seriously. Like most have said like Bergeron, Villeneuve and all those guys, their job is not to build a team, is not to think about the future, it's to give an opinion about what they're seeing NOW. How many times did Villeneuve say that Grabovski was a waste of space....then this year ends up by mocking Gainey for trading a great prospect. After D'Agostini's first game, went on by saying how he doesn't bring anything else than Latendresse who whoever we had already....And then goes on NOW by saying how he can't be demoted that he brings something special.....I will always fail to know why they deserve so many threads in here. They give a show, a spectacle. Their goal is not really to inform (though some will, thanks to Mathias, MAG, Dubé and a few others) but mostly to entertain you. As much as Bergeron is so disconnected some time, the Antichambre show where Proulx wasn't there this week was one of the most funniest show I've seen. So at some point, you get your infos somewhere, you get your entertainment some other place.....And when sometimes you find both at the same place, you know you have a great show.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 12-11-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
habdynasty

Lecalvier can stay in tampa with his big contract,

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Yo Ron, arrete de smoker de la poutine mon ami.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:02 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Everybody is good trade bait for the right return.
There's a difference between trying to shop a guy or getting a very interesting offer that includes that player.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Definition of a radio show.....Choosing a subject and trying to have it as interesting as possible so you won't be talking to yourself....Lecavalier is an interesting subject, he's talking about it.

Guys.....it's just a radio show....the guy has air to fill......You just can't talk about the games that were.....they usually do it the night of the game. So what's left to talked between games?

What are we talking in HF between games? He could go back to Brière again if he wants, the only think that it will do to me is listen and then choose to listen or not if I'M interested or not.....

I will never understand why we're against the subject that the host of any shows is talking about. Unless the subject is racist, sexist or any other "ist" like that, fine. But a Lecavalier subject? The only thing needed is for a caller to call during that show and say to Run how first, maybe the Lighting DOES NOT want to trade him no matter what? And maybe that it's not such a good idea to have a guy with that kind of contract especially since the salary cap might take a plunge in 2 years.
Something different than Lecavalier coming here.

Coming up with new fresh ideas/subjects is also part of the recipe of a GOOD radio show.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote