HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin

Old
10-24-2008, 01:10 PM
MRocketR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
The Habs can't even get D'Agostini or Pacioretty in the lineup, how would we accommodate him?
im not sold on d'agostini and montreal doesn't need an undersized forward at this point. unlike sergei kostitsyn, he hasn't done a whole lot to bring up his size.
i like pacioretty but he needs sometime in the AHL.
with a few contracts that are set to expire at the end of this season, it would be a plausible to invite someone like perezhogin back onto the team if he is willing/interested.

MRocketR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRocketR View Post
im not sold on d'agostini and montreal doesn't need an undersized forward at this point. unlike sergei kostitsyn, he hasn't done a whole lot to bring up his size.
i like pacioretty but he needs sometime in the AHL.
with a few contracts that are set to expire at the end of this season, it would be a plausible to invite someone like perezhogin back onto the team if he is willing/interested.
Plausible? Yes. Probable? No.

What's probable is D'Agostini has no problems whatsoever in the NHL in regards to his 'size'(which is actually average among our forwards btw). I'm not even sure where you're getting this from...maybe you're looking at Hockeydb, which hasn't updated his weight since he was drafted. I know for a fact though, that he's put on 20lbs since joining the Bulldogs.

What's probable is that Pacioretty will be ready for NHL action in 3 months time, let alone a full calendar year.

It's also probable that there won't be any room in our top 6 for another winger.

The legend grows...

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 10-24-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

oh...joy!

Yet ANOTHER thread about Alexander Perezhogin...

*yaaawn*

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I honestly think people are exaggerating whatever rift there was between Carboneau and Perezhogin. I need a memory refreshing.

People make it seem that Perezhogin and Carbo fought and are mortal enemies or something. FWIW specifically remember Perezhogin started on a line with Koivu in his last game as a Hab. I think it was also his first game back from some head injury.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well like I said, don't ****ing read or post in the thread then, how ****ing hard is that to understand? Sorry Perezhogin is no Ovechkn like talent, what a surprise since there's so many highly skilled prospect like that, that a thread about a guy leading his team in scoring for a 2nd year is cloging up board space.
Again I just don't see Perez playing for the Habs. He couldn't make the team when we were average, how is he gonna make the team when we're filled to the rafters of talent? It doesn't make any sens. If we were the Leafs, then yea maybe he would be interesting a la Grabovski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
oh...joy!

Yet ANOTHER thread about Alexander Perezhogin...

*yaaawn*
I really don't understand the appeal, the fixation some posters have for this guy.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-25-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
kernkraft

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=75

I guess I'll have to pick up the Presse this morning.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=75

I guess I'll have to pick up the Presse this morning.
nO, just press on the lapresse link. lol

basically he doesnt say much more than what we guess.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/dossiers/l...epare-deja.php

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
kernkraft

It is good to hear that the brass is watching closely. They're not "giving up" on any of these guys.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
À ma grande surprise, un membre de l'organisation m'a confié, hier, qu'on n'excluait pas la possibilité d'un retour de Perezhogin chez le Canadien. Je ne parierais pas ma maison sur son retour avec le club l'an prochain puisqu'il semble se plaire en Russie, mais son contrat avec l'équipe d'Yulayev se termine à la fin de l'hiver et ses droits pour la LNH appartiennent toujours au Canadien. La direction du club affirme qu'elle suit ses exploits de près.

The only real news in there.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Again I just don't see Perez playing for the Habs. He couldn't make the team when we were average, how is he gonna make the team when we're filled to the rafters of talent? It doesn't make any sens. If we were the Leafs, then yea maybe he would be interesting a la Grabovski.

I really don't understand the appeal, the fixation some posters have for this guy.

What are you talking about ?!?! Couldn't make the team ?!?! He was the player with the best +/- in the habs in his last season, playing with "Icons" like Radek Bonk and Mike Johnson !! He improved drastically defensively and is now a much much better player. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Perezhogin would easilly made this club in front of fillers like Lapierre, Dandenault, Begin, Kostopoulos, Laraque, Chipchura and even Latendresse maybe.

He lost confidence in his offensive abilities when he was here, but we can clearly see that he found them back, dominating completely the KHL. He is better than Radulov, Jagr, Yashin, etc. in the KHL. Theses would still probably be top 6 players in the NHL as I know. His offensive skills were always there, it was just a question of his own confidence, the coach confidence and a little bit of luck.

And Matthias Brunet said that the Habs management are watching him closely and that it wasn't impossible to see his return with the team. What do you complain about huh ?!?!

Also, like Montreal said, if you don't like this thread, just don't post in it instead of complaining about everything. You sounds like this old Grand-Pa complaining every morning, talking alone while sitting in his backyard...

Last edited by Erika: 10-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
What are you talking about ?!?! Couldn't make the team ?!?! He was the player with the best +/- in the habs in his last season, playing with "Icons" like Radek Bonk and Mike Johnson !! He improved drastically defensively and is now a much much better player. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Perezhogin would easilly made this club in front of fillers like Lapierre, Dandenault, Begin, Kostopoulos, Laraque, Chipchura and even Latendresse maybe.

He lost confidence in his offensive abilities when he was here, but we can clearly see that he found them back, dominating completely the KHL. He is better than Radulov, Jagr, Yashin, etc. in the KHL. Theses would still probably be top 6 players in the NHL as I know. His offensive skills were always there, it was just a question of his own confidence, the coach confidence and a little bit of luck.

And Matthias Brunet said that the Habs management are watching him closely and that it wasn't impossible to see his return with the team. What do you complain about huh ?!?!

Also, like Montreal said, if you don't like this thread, just don't post in it instead of complaining about everything. You sounds like this old Grand-Pa complaining every morning, talking alone while sitting in his backyard...

yeah... he's better than a beaten up Jagr an excellent Yashin with heart for two, A Radulov, who never was a scoring superstar yet in the NHL. The reason why he was in the + were because he was benched when Huet was hurt and that we sucked bad time. The facts are, I don't see him coming here and taking the place of any player in the lineup or in the pipeline. Anyway, there was surely a reason if Carbo benched him and I don't think he's a Carbo type guy... We could sdign him and them just trade him to LA or something like that, if he produce there indeed, well you will be able to tell "Told'ya" and then return to your mindless Chipchura bashing. Until then... Perezoghin is not a nhl player so the ones saying he isn't are right...

:teaaaaatch:

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-25-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:15 PM
HF-Addict

I liked Perezhogin, he looked like a NHLer to me while he was playing here. Plus, he clocked Primeau.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Radulov, Yashin, top 6 players in the NHL .

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Oh the irony.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Oh the irony.
I would say that is blatan Irony, or even Iron irony

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I think she means they can play on a teams top 6. Not that they would be ranked in the top 6 in the NHL.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post

By top 6, I meant top 6 forwards in a team.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
By top 6, I meant top 6 forwards in a team.

I take back my facepalmage.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

Next year we have a couple of players gone.. Begin and Dandy are 100% gone, I doubt they resign Kostopoulos, Lang should be gone as well, I doubt Gainey resign Kovalev, we will see How much is Tanguay asking..

This year Gainey has alot of pressure to win the cup, thats the centenary but next year is another story, especially if we win the cup this year, we all know its basically impossible for a team to win the cup 2 years in a row, the vets are less motivated, the summer has been short and all, so I wouldnt be surprised to see Gainey clear several vets (even if some fans will be desapointed) and add more youth to the team.. If the org think really highly of what Perezhogin looks right now, I wouldnt be surprised if they offer him a short term deal around 4-5 millions per year.. We have nothing to lose, if Perez has a similar come back to the one of Semin, we could hit the home run, if it doesnt work, bye bye Perezhogin... Personally Ive always been a big Perez fan, I think he has some elite skills and I think he can come back more confident in himself..

Perezhogin Plekanec A.Kost (Plek and Perez ever had tremendous chimestry togheter)

Latendresse Koivu Tanguay

Higgins Maxwell S.Kost

Lapierre Chipchura Paccioretty\Laraque (you can move MaxPac up and juggle with your lines anytime keeping a good competition between players)

How much do we save on the cap? Alot of money.. That line-up doesnt excite you? Hungry kids added to the line-up giving you another spectacular season ala Buffalo Sabres..

Then, sign another top 4 defenseman

Markov Komi

Hamrlik ???

Gorges OByrne

Price
Halak

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Erik Estrada

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
À ma grande surprise, un membre de l'organisation m'a confié, hier, qu'on n'excluait pas la possibilité d'un retour de Perezhogin chez le Canadien. Je ne parierais pas ma maison sur son retour avec le club l'an prochain puisqu'il semble se plaire en Russie, mais son contrat avec l'équipe d'Yulayev se termine à la fin de l'hiver et ses droits pour la LNH appartiennent toujours au Canadien. La direction du club affirme qu'elle suit ses exploits de près.
-If he's not guaranteed a spot on the team as a precondition to coming back to NA, I would look at what he can offer in training camp when he decides to make the jump.
-He needs to get rid of his bad habit of hooking. Koivu seems to have done as much. But I think Perezhogin will still be marked for the AHL incident.
-Perezhogin's value goes up if he comes back to NA. If he doesn't fit in the team's plan I would try to get something in return like we did with Grabovski.
-Perezhogin is good enough to play at least a 3rd line role somewhere in the NHL.

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 10-25-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

Perezhogin update people.

Playing TSska they gave up a 4 goal lead and came back unfortunatly to lose 5-4. Ohwell.
Perezhogin netted another 2 points in the effort putting him at....
GP G A P
22 15 6 21

Tied for 2nd in the league for goals with Jagr and in 11th for points, not too shabby.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Lone Rogue

I'm really not a huge fan of him, but if we get into a situation where we lose Alex Tanguay to free agency, I'd prefer to bring in Perezhogin than a free agent.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:08 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I'm really not a huge fan of him, but if we get into a situation where we lose Alex Tanguay to free agency, I'd prefer to bring in Perezhogin than a free agent.
I think whoever gets him on their team will be delightfully suprised. I know that the KHL isn't near the same skill level as the nhl but I would say the top 5 goal scorers are going to be good enough to warrent a chance.

Old
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think whoever gets him on their team will be delightfully suprised. I know that the KHL isn't near the same skill level as the nhl but I would say the top 5 goal scorers are going to be good enough to warrent a chance.
When I watched Perezhogin, I just don't think he really knew how to deal with an opposing teams defensive pressure. He seems to get frustrated real easy, and I don't think he has to deal with that in the KHL. Perezhogin is a phenomenal hockey player when playing the Russian style, but in North America, something seems to be missing from his overall game. That's why he had trouble cracking our Top 6.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
When I watched Perezhogin, I just don't think he really knew how to deal with an opposing teams defensive pressure. He seems to get frustrated real easy, and I don't think he has to deal with that in the KHL. Perezhogin is a phenomenal hockey player when playing the Russian style, but in North America, something seems to be missing from his overall game. That's why he had trouble cracking our Top 6.
Once he got put on that checking line things went to hell. He is a pure goal scorer and was taking hooking penalties because he was being forced into a new role. When he did play on the top line he did ok. I don't think he got the chance he deserved and Lats just walked in and was handed the world ona platter.