HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring Back Jagr?

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 158 72.48%
No 15 6.88%
Depends - No if he gets 6M$++ 45 20.64%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Zirp

vCash: 500
Hell yes... I'd love to have JJ back for another year. Regardless of the points this year, Jagr does and always will command respect from other teams. He changes the dynamic of each and every game just by lacing them up, and in doing so, makes our whole team better. Just for that fact alone, I think you have to bring him back. We have no one even close on this team that commands that type of attention. LET'S GO RANGERS!

Zirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:55 AM
NY Ranger86

this team wouldnt make the playoffs next season without jagr. period.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:03 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirp View Post
Hell yes... I'd love to have JJ back for another year. Regardless of the points this year, Jagr does and always will command respect from other teams. He changes the dynamic of each and every game just by lacing them up, and in doing so, makes our whole team better. Just for that fact alone, I think you have to bring him back. We have no one even close on this team that commands that type of attention. LET'S GO RANGERS!
totally agree. id resign him to a 2 year deal with a option. jagr is worth it. he is the type that can play till 40 if he wanted too. Chelios is a dman and he is 46 still playing.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:50 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Bashers and trashers pull a Houdini...

I voted Yes. Not that much of a fuss. I have been stating all along we need Jagr next year. And Avery. Rozie is more questionable. Mara is also a question mark?
But it kinda pisses me off to see how the Jagr bashers (and Euro trashers) just now seem to turtle and do not let their presence be known now when Jagr leads the playoffs in total scoring. Where are you tough guys now? I dont hear y!!!
Perhaps watching an Oggie Ogelthorpe rerun clenching your Ric Flair dolls chewing cotton candy flavoured roadkill beef jerky kinda wishing for the great North-South game you so avidly preach??? Pathetic
The team needs 4 dimensions - not 2. These playoffs prove this more than anything...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:03 AM
GarretJoseph*

YES!

He deserves it.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Forever Blue

He's showing that he still has the ability to be arguably the best player on the ice. Bring him back.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:43 AM
bleedrngrblue

Let me just chime in and say.....that the people who want to put a dollar figure on whether he comes back or not are missing the point! Jaromir Jagr single handedly brought respectability back to the NY Rangers franchise. It wasn't so long ago the Rangers were the laughingstock of the NHL and the brunt of countless jokes due to incompetent personnel decisions and overspending of ridiculous proportions. That said, he took a ton of responsibility on with this team....including changing the way he plays the game. There is no denying that fact. Watching him today he is a much more complete player for a majority of the game. There was a time when he was perceived as a defensive liability on the ice....a player who had no desire to play two way hockey. He has corrected that to the point that I actually enjoy watching him play the defensive part of the game. That is a MAJOR part of the reason he isn't as offensively dynamic as he could be all the time. Anyone who plays the game can tell you that you expend much more effort defensively than you do offensively, not that he needs excuses. Those who think he doesn't deserve to wear the "C" really have not been paying attention the last couple of seasons. Although not an in your face guy, or an effective communicator in the press, he is a leader. When the trade for him was made, I went on about how this was his chance to seperate himself from the Mario connection, to establish his own legacy outside of Mario and the Pittsburgh years. To prove that he could lead a team and be his own man. He has taken the proper steps to do that....he just needs to see it through. I don't see how the Rangers let him walk....and more importantly, I don't think he could look at himself in the mirror knowing the foundation is here for some great things and he walked away from it, he NEEDS to accomplish what he helped start, be it this season, next season, or the season after! Jaromir Jagr needs to finish what he came here to accomplish..." Bringing Lord Stanley's Cup to NY". I don't see how he leaves until he does that.....unless he retires for health related reasons.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiBBa View Post
I'd give him his 6-7$ million per year..Jagr>Hossa
Totally agree. He is worth every penny that Nylander and Hossa got.
I also think that at 37/39 he will be able to do it. Speed is not his main asset.
His strength, vision, shot are. If Shanny can play at 39 so can Jags

Can someone tell me if the crowd gave huge Jagr support. I heard Henry/Henrik over the TV but no Jags

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:55 AM
jagrgodr

Jagr for Mayor of the City!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:02 AM
The Thomas J.*

All Jagr needs to do is to keep putting up points & winn the Conn Smythe & w=the option kicks in, right now he is leading in P/O points.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:14 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I am absolutely in favor of bringing Jags back.

What I am NOT in favor of is bringing back the Czech posse that defers to him at every possible oportunity (and refuses to shoot and plays soft* etc., etc.). I don't want any one of Rozsie, Malik or Straka back. Prucha only if he somehow rediscovers his game during training camp.

If you can do the one without the other, great. If not... then I think you have to give serious thought to shaking it up.

*Note that I am in no way, shape or form stating that all Europeans play soft. (Jags himself, for example, is a beast in the offensie zone.) However, the other Czechs on the Rangers do play soft.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:08 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I am absolutely in favor of bringing Jags back.

What I am NOT in favor of is bringing back the Czech posse that defers to him at every possible oportunity (and refuses to shoot and plays soft* etc., etc.). I don't want any one of Rozsie, Malik or Straka back. Prucha only if he somehow rediscovers his game during training camp.

If you can do the one without the other, great. If not... then I think you have to give serious thought to shaking it up.

*Note that I am in no way, shape or form stating that all Europeans play soft. (Jags himself, for example, is a beast in the offensie zone.) However, the other Czechs on the Rangers do play soft.
u dont want straka back id bring straka and jagr back but let rozicrap malik walk and send backman to hartford.

Old
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
NY Ranger86

lets get sykora back

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
lets get sykora back
lets get Prospal
i'm big Straka fan, but he is loosing it a bit...and i think he is coming back to Czech Republic.
Prospal played really well with Jagr on tournaments..

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Sockosensei

Jagr quoted in the ESPN Burnside article:

Quote:
I couldn't celebrate it. When I got hit, I was thinking about Jerry Maguire, you guys remember the movie? And I wanted to start dancing. I just couldn't do it," Jagr said with a smile.
Gotta love this guy.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Jagr's one of my favorite players, but it depends on the price. If he wants a lot of money I can't see keeping him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

As a Devils fan, I hope h'e off to Russia, but as a hockey fan, I hope he stays. He's playing some kind of hockey and has ever since he came over to the Rangers. If he leaves, even at his age, not sure you guys can replace him.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:22 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
lets get Prospal
i'm big Straka fan, but he is loosing it a bit...and i think he is coming back to Czech Republic.
Prospal played really well with Jagr on tournaments..
Nah...just re-unite the Avery/Dubi/Jagr line.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
TheHotRock

Prospal-Dubi-Jagr would be insanely good. Prospal is a bonafide finisher who has potential to score 35-40...possibly more, on that line

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

BTW, this thread is irrelevant. Jagr is going to lead the Rangers back, bring the Cup to NY and win the Conn Smythe.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
Prospal-Dubi-Jagr would be insanely good. Prospal is a bonafide finisher who has potential to score 35-40...possibly more, on that line
id take prospal although id rather get a more physical winger with size. prospal would be a much better fit than hossa.

Old
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
BringBackLibertys

Watching NHL network today they showed JJ's interview after the game 3 loss, and he clearly says "I don't want it (the next game) to be my last game". Sounds like he has made up his mind.

Orlando

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oteixeira View Post
Watching NHL network today they showed JJ's interview after the game 3 loss, and he clearly says "I don't want it (the next game) to be my last game". Sounds like he has made up his mind.

Orlando
Not sure about that. My last game of what?

05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
NYROrtsFan

It really does seem like he has made up his mind that this will be it... At least in the NHL. Stinks too because the Rangers are really going to hurt without him. It's a shame too because he should be able to get a cup here.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Can anyone provide a list of the UFA's following the 2008-2009 season? Personally, Im not in love with any of the potential free agents this year, especially considering they're all be garnering longterm deals.

Jagr at 1 year, 7 million sounds good to me.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote