HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Okanagan Hockey Camp

Old
05-03-2008, 04:15 PM
BlackAces
Play Your Game

vCash: 500
Okanagan Hockey Camp

Anybody have any experiance in this camp? I am doing the Regular Skaters program because I didn't play AAA this year.

BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMHA Star View Post
Anybody have any experiance in this camp? I am doing the Regular Skaters program because I didn't play AAA this year.
Well, I am glad you asked. IMO, this is one of the finest camps in the world! This camp has been around for years! I had the opportunity to go to this camp when I was 16 years old. Today I am 50 years old and I have taken many a hockey player to this camp.

When I was the hockey director in Mexico, we took over 50 kids one year to this camp. In fact, you will find kids from all over the world, going to this camp, including kids from the far east.

The relationships that you will have with kids from around the world is worth the price of admission.

Plus, they have a pretty good camp as well. If I am not mistaken, they have a skaters camp, a shooters camp, a goalie camp...they have it all.

Plus, they also have an elite camp. They also have whole teams from around the world play each other for a one to two week tournament...very cool!

Plus, they have a great dry land training program, off ice lecture halls, and other activities to keep you busy...like swimming, golf, inner-tubing, etc.

Is it the place to go? Ah...ya!

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:37 PM
MG91

yea its not only great for hockey training, but its lots of fun, and you'll make lots of friends.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
FDBluth

I live where the camp takes place and it seems like there's always a really great atmosphere around the camp. I take part in the late night junior/pro drop-in sessions (not really part of the camp) and there's always some good players there.

There's also a high level of instruction and lots of pros that you work with. I actually took part in one of the camps when I was a little kid; I don't remember much of it, though.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote