HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

weak points

Old
05-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
weak points

Girardi was the worst Dman out there last night and yet he got lucky.

Straka needs to score again. too much depends on Jagr. We need goals from the other guys: Drury, Dawes, Shanny, Rozi, Mara, Tuytin come to mind.

I we play like we did last night it will be the last game of the season. Pens didnt play well last night.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:13 AM
TheZherdev

i think the team really picked it up late, started to realize this one is winnable?

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:17 AM
wa2k99

Girardi did have one darn impressive hit though!

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
fab hit...

but the scary moments on the blue line and in front of the net...fumbling around
making some dodgy passes

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:20 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Why was Girardi's push to the back on Malkin a penalty shot, I've never seen that called unless its near the boards..and even then, never a push that soft??
I was puzzled???

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:49 AM
MadHookUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Why was Girardi's push to the back on Malkin a penalty shot, I've never seen that called unless its near the boards..and even then, never a push that soft??
I was puzzled???
I would love to know the answer as well. I would love to know the exact call. Cant be tripping, didnt touch his legs. Cant be interference, he had the puck. Cant be cross checking, didnt have a stick.

Since when is butt pushing illegal?

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:51 AM
lotus

I would love to know how someone falls back when they are pushed forward. A second after the push happens for that matter.

It was a smart play, the push threw off Malkin's timing. Totally took away whatever he wanted to do on that break.

Alas, a smarter play by Malkin to get the penalty shot / puck in the net (though it didnt count, I'm sure that was the intention, and not hoping for a penalty shot...because that made zero sense to me.)

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:55 AM
The Thomas J.*

Way too many turnovers in the 1st period, we need to get that secondary scoring that carried us against the Devils.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I would love to know how someone falls back when they are pushed forward. A second after the push happens for that matter.
It's physics. When President Kennedy was shot, the same thing happened, which contributed to a lot of the conspiracy theories.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Jackson Ranger

I thought Girardi was horrible last night except for his hit on Hossa. It seems he is either very good or very bad. At one point I had to ask if he bet on the Pens last night?!

And can someone please tell him to stay in front of the net shorthanded when Tyutin is already chasing the puck in the corner!

If they ever get scored on because of this, I'm driving to Rye to punch his lights out and then I'm looking for Pearn for not coaching him better!

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
TomLaidlaw

Outside of the Hossa hit Girardi might have played his worst game in a Ranger uniform last night. In the GDT I speculated that he looked drunk on the ice. Thankfully we won so it didn't matter and hopefully it was just one of those games and it is out of his system.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:26 AM
RangerBlueJay*

Paging Nigel Dawes, paging Nigel Dawes, its already game 5 of the second series. Please report to the mens room for a shower and shave, thanks.

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
TheHotRock

Dawes looked good last night. he was taking the body, was a little more poractive than he's been in the p layoffs....he's gotta keep it up

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

You cannot be serious if you think Girardi was worse than Strudwick. I like Struds but he was overmatched by the speed of the Pens all night long. It's a good thing he only got 10 minutes of ice time last night.

Girardi had a couple of awful giveaways but I didn't think he was terrible. He wasn't Malik-like in any way. He took the body, he cleared rebounds, he had some trouble clearing the defensive zone but other than that I thought he was ok.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
segmentation fault
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It's physics. When President Kennedy was shot, the same thing happened, which contributed to a lot of the conspiracy theories.
So Girardi's push somehow opened a wound that went through Malkin and the blood spurting out from his front pushed him backwards?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
You cannot be serious if you think Girardi was worse than Strudwick. I like Struds but he was overmatched by the speed of the Pens all night long. It's a good thing he only got 10 minutes of ice time last night.

Girardi had a couple of awful giveaways but I didn't think he was terrible. He wasn't Malik-like in any way. He took the body, he cleared rebounds, he had some trouble clearing the defensive zone but other than that I thought he was ok.
If you're referring to my post, I never compared him to Strudwick. Strudwick did struggle especially with the speed of Kennedy. However, I expect Struds to have problems with that area of the game. He also was victimized once being slow to clear the puck out of the zone, which the Rangers were guilty of early in the game.

As for Girardi, I expect more of him and wasn't pleased with his game last night. I'll give him a pass on the breakaway because he broke his stick which led to the breakaway. But I think he tries to do too much out there sometimes and gets himself out of position.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:58 PM
blandBob

It is important to realize that Girardi is young and cannot be expected to be perfect. The flip side to that coin is that he can still be coached and correct his liabilities. That is what he needs, coaches working with him. I still like his attributes - big, not a terrible skater, and can destroy with his hits sometimes. Contrast that with Tyutin, who has shown remarkably little improvement in has game over the last couple of years. He has stagnated, if anything. I think Girardi will be a good defenceman with proper attention from the coaches.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
blandBob

When Straka's bad luck turns around, look out. The guy is working his butt off. Hopefully that happens next game

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:33 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Girardi was the worst Dman out there last night and yet he got lucky.

Straka needs to score again. too much depends on Jagr. We need goals from the other guys: Drury, Dawes, Shanny, Rozi, Mara, Tuytin come to mind.

I we play like we did last night it will be the last game of the season. Pens didnt play well last night.
agree, also i noticed is that the d-men seem to not put "mustard" on their passes and when being forchecked they seemed to be nervous and would make terrible passes, which they turned over and led to scoring chances. got to get that puck out quicker and put some force in to the passes, seen staal, toots and a few others do it. and we got lucky henke bailed them out.

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
TrueBlue9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
agree, also i noticed is that the d-men seem to not put "mustard" on their passes and when being forchecked they seemed to be nervous and would make terrible passes, which they turned over and led to scoring chances. got to get that puck out quicker and put some force in to the passes, seen staal, toots and a few others do it. and we got lucky henke bailed them out.
The play in our own zone has just been terrifying. Too many turnovers, not enough crisp passes. It almost looks like when one of them have the puck everyone else is just watching and waiting for them to get it out of the zone.

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote