HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the "hockey condo" is getting ridiculous...

Old
05-02-2008, 09:21 AM
SML

vCash: 500
the "hockey condo" is getting ridiculous...

Has anyone been watching these post game wrap ups? I think we've hit a new low. Are people who know about hockey on strike or something? I just can't believe that a team like the Rangers cannot come up with a better crew than Fischler, Duguay, and Goring. Fischler has been a ranting lunatic for years, so it's kind of his thing. He had me on the floor when he comes out with "It reminds me of the Leafs in '46" and Trautwig says "Yeah, I was going to mention that..."
Duguay looks like he's Keith Richards. His in game spots in game 3 were beyond absurd. It was like: And now we go to Ron between the benches, what's it like down there Ron? Ron: It's loud... I don't like the in game interviews and going between the benches, but at least give me a little eye candy to look at, okay? 50+ year old guys wearing earrings should be in a band. That I've heard of. That people pay to see. Not anywhere else. I got rid of mine when I was 23 because I was too old for it. Seriously, there's no way that Duguay could have been MSG's first choice for this gig, is there?
Could someone please tell me what steamer trunk full of moth balls they pulled Butch Goriing out of? There's nobody more relevant that's interested in the gig than this guy? He's like proof that concussions did run rampant in the 70's and that guys played through them, and they do, in fact, get worse if you do that. I loved when they show the clip of Lundqvist facing Madden's penalty shot and Goring says something like "this is a few years ago" and Trautwig jumps in with "that was last round!"
I feel bad for Trautwig. He's like PT Barnum running that circus. I never minded Fischler because there was always somebody with something relevant to combat his lunatic rants, but sadly, he's become the voice of reason and wisdom with this crew. This is surely one sign that the end is near. Not of the season... Of the WORLD.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 162
Duguay really needs to adjust himself with the current era.

Plato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Choice

Haha I hear ya. Duguay definitely seems like a weirdo. NBC/Vs. isn't much better. Can't be mad at Sam though.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:25 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I really don't mind Duguay. He's a nice guy, he just doesn't have a lot of experience yet. I need to see more of him before I really have an opinion of him.

But I totally agree on Goring. Who could believe that they could find someone who has more frequent brain farts than Fischler?

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:07 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Has anyone been watching these post game wrap ups? I think we've hit a new low. Are people who know about hockey on strike or something? I just can't believe that a team like the Rangers cannot come up with a better crew than Fischler, Duguay, and Goring. Fischler has been a ranting lunatic for years, so it's kind of his thing. He had me on the floor when he comes out with "It reminds me of the Leafs in '46" and Trautwig says "Yeah, I was going to mention that..."
Duguay looks like he's Keith Richards. His in game spots in game 3 were beyond absurd. It was like: And now we go to Ron between the benches, what's it like down there Ron? Ron: It's loud... I don't like the in game interviews and going between the benches, but at least give me a little eye candy to look at, okay? 50+ year old guys wearing earrings should be in a band. That I've heard of. That people pay to see. Not anywhere else. I got rid of mine when I was 23 because I was too old for it. Seriously, there's no way that Duguay could have been MSG's first choice for this gig, is there?
Could someone please tell me what steamer trunk full of moth balls they pulled Butch Goriing out of? There's nobody more relevant that's interested in the gig than this guy? He's like proof that concussions did run rampant in the 70's and that guys played through them, and they do, in fact, get worse if you do that. I loved when they show the clip of Lundqvist facing Madden's penalty shot and Goring says something like "this is a few years ago" and Trautwig jumps in with "that was last round!"
I feel bad for Trautwig. He's like PT Barnum running that circus. I never minded Fischler because there was always somebody with something relevant to combat his lunatic rants, but sadly, he's become the voice of reason and wisdom with this crew. This is surely one sign that the end is near. Not of the season... Of the WORLD.
I agree.

Fischler i always disliked, though to be honest at least he gives an interesting response and his knowledge of history is a plus you dont get anywhere else. But hes a ******.

Duguay is terrible. He's called Chris Drury Kris Draper, hes called Lundqvist by a different name too. I dont see the need for a guy like him to be there, why not have SAM or JOE there? Or BOTH?!?!

Goring, dont even get me started. Hes **** and hes got to take those mouthballs out of his mouth.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I haven't listened to a single thing Duguay has said this season because everytime I look at him I start laughing. The earring, the chest hair, and the 1987 bon jovi hair. Too much visually for my brain to handle.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Duguay looks like the type of guy you don't want anywhere near your 13 year old daughter/sister/cousin/etc...

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:43 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Duguay looks like the type of guy you don't want anywhere near your 13 year old daughter/sister/cousin/etc...
lol. true.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
The MSG netowrk has been going down hill since they decided to be an all in one place for NY area hockey teams and not just the Rangers IMO... That and no JD....

The Hockey Condo is almost as bad as the banter between Pierre McGuire and Mike Mulbury on NBC in between periods that makes me want to hang myself.

You are not CBC. You are not on the Hotstove. Stop trying to fool us.

::end rant::

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
nyrrichter35

I don't know how or why anyone listens to what Milbury has to say. Mike Emrick and JD should call every game.

nyrrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
otterulz

I don't mind Duguay. As someone else mentioned, I think he's still getting a feel for all of this. I do agree that his in-game notes during game 3 were pointless but blame the producers for that brilliant idea.

The hockey condo.....well, I don't know what to say. I don't know where they got Goring from and how they don't have anyone else but whatever.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Duguay really needs to adjust himself with the current era.
Hahaha I second this....

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
NYReign

If Mike Emrick called every game I'd just program my TV to begin on mute because I can't listen to anything he says. How someone with that voice gets to be the national voice of a sport is something I'll never understand... It isn't like he annoys me with what he's saying as much as someone like Joe Buck (though I can't stand some of Emrick's phrases either: "waffleboarded away" specifically, times when he goes on saying where everyone on the ice went to college for four shifts in a row, and when he drags things out interminably like in the last game of the Detroit/Nashville series he was trying to say that Detroit would play Colorado next round and went into 5 sentences to say one little thing that evolved into diatribes on uniform colors...) but holy crap that voice is a killer... Especially in tight games when I'm already nervous I don't want a 9 year old girl screaming at me everytime someone shoots. It wouldn't shock me if this was yet another reason the NHL doesn't get good ratings anymore. If I weren't a hockey fan and flipped over to NBC and heard that, I'm going to a new channel ASAP.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
MSG is far from perfect..but after dealing with Game 1 and 2 on VS and NBC, it was like coming home from a week-long vacation watching MSG for Game 3.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
If Mike Emrick called every game I'd just program my TV to begin on mute because I can't listen to anything he says. How someone with that voice gets to be the national voice of a sport is something I'll never understand... It isn't like he annoys me with what he's saying as much as someone like Joe Buck (though I can't stand some of Emrick's phrases either: "waffleboarded away" specifically, times when he goes on saying where everyone on the ice went to college for four shifts in a row, and when he drags things out interminably like in the last game of the Detroit/Nashville series he was trying to say that Detroit would play Colorado next round and went into 5 sentences to say one little thing that evolved into diatribes on uniform colors...) but holy crap that voice is a killer... Especially in tight games when I'm already nervous I don't want a 9 year old girl screaming at me everytime someone shoots. It wouldn't shock me if this was yet another reason the NHL doesn't get good ratings anymore. If I weren't a hockey fan and flipped over to NBC and heard that, I'm going to a new channel ASAP.
Emrick makes up words and phrases. Like "regrab"? WTH is that? And I agree about his grating voice. I can't stand it. But most hockey fans seem to love him. I can't say I get it, but everybody has different preferences when it comes to play by play guys.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Stepan Razor

emrick...what the **** is a knife job? and he says 'around behind' about 100 times a game.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
NYReign

I would say by far Emrick has the most annoying collection of phrases of any P-B-P guy in sports. I understand to each his own so I tried not to mention that lol but that to me is equally annoying as his voice. IMO, he thinks he's hot stuff and shows off by making himself the center of attention when the game should be. He's kind of like Clyde Frazier on Knicks' games imo in that he just breaks out phrases no one else uses for no apparent reason (I'm fairly certain Clyde picks a word out of a dictionary prior to each game and works it in no matter how nonsensical, Emrick isn't quite as bad but still very annoying and at least Clyde's voice is listenable lol)

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
nyrrichter35

Haha, thats too funny, I can't disagree more. He makes a Coyotes Kings game exciting for me. If i was blind, Emrick could still put chills down my spine during a late 3rd period power play in a tied game. Big drive! Fires! Carams off the right wing boards. Cancelled out by Lundqvist. Come on its all in good fun, I love it.

nyrrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Jackson Ranger

He went overboard for me last night when during one of the power plays at the end of the game he mentioned how the puck was "bouncing the right way for the Rangers" after the Rangers had made two or three passes off the boards to their own players.

If the Penguins had done the same thing with Crosby and Malkin making the passes, I'm sure the tone would have been, "creative and amazing passes made by two of the NHL's brightest stars".

I normally don't mind him and actually like some of his quick sayings but come on, hasn't he ever seen a player use the boards before?

Jackson Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:49 PM
The Thomas J.*

Listen guys, I'm not sure how old everyone posting in this thread is but Dugay rulez! the man is awesome! It takes ballls & ton of self confidence to dress that way, & quite frankly the look works for the guy. Ronnie is kicking it old school & bringing it back.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:20 PM
nyr5186

Last night, I could've sworn Emrick said the word 'ricochet' three times in a span of 10 seconds.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:24 PM
CrimsonBruin21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Listen guys, I'm not sure how old everyone posting in this thread is but Dugay rulez! the man is awesome! It takes ballls & ton of self confidence to dress that way, & quite frankly the look works for the guy. Ronnie is kicking it old school & bringing it back.

That was awesome.

CrimsonBruin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smythtown_94 View Post

That was awesome.
Thank you.

See...our two people can get along!

Old
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
HockeyBurd*

Yeah I think this thread speaks to the young age of this forum. Obviously most of the fans here weren't around for that era of Rangers hockey. Duguay is awesome and brings back some great old memories... like when I used to get laid.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Yeah I think this thread speaks to the young age of this forum. Obviously most of the fans here weren't around for that era of Rangers hockey. Duguay is awesome and brings back some great old memories... like when I used to get laid.
Sme of my fondest memories growing up are off Dugay streaking down the ice with those gorgeous locks flowing behind him in the win, gracefully puck handking though defenders taking the puck to the net & scoring, than raising his arms in victory with a perfect smile.