HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. Los Angeles

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKandRIk
doug is a good trade maker, but i doubt anybody wants anything to do with freddy. he'll make a excellent goal coach someday.
Cujo just sprained his ankle again, so the Wings are probably in the market for a cheap goalie. There are always the Avs, Leafs, Sens and a few other teams that could be looking for a backup.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:49 AM
cbjrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
I think we'll let the Kings back in it, and beat them in OT. :p
Good call, now...please tell me

What are the mega millions number for Friday?

Old
02-12-2004, 09:57 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Useless info:

First 51 games: 5 goals from d-men.
Last 4 games: 5 goals from d-men.

That is all.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan
Just wait till you see him catch up to someone on a breakaway and get the puck while diving without getting a penalty called on him. He's definately improving as the year goes on in his own end.

And we don't expect to see him back here anytime soon (if at all). He'll still make some rookie mistakes, but I don't think anyone in Cbus will be asking for Wally to be called up in his place anytime soon.
I'm excited to be seeing him.

My post probably wasn't worded the best---I meant to suggest that Aaron had more than likely earned his spot on the CBJ roster. Instead, I put my foot in my mouth w/the Syracuse reference.

My apology, and my thanks for not taking my post the wrong way.

Old
02-12-2004, 01:32 PM
punchy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Cheers mates. Tonight will be a grand chance to have a long look at both Nash and Zherdev for me and all Kings fans. Zherdev was really starting to turn it on prior to the All Star game (from the games I saw him play in) and Nash has had a solid series against the Kings with the OT winner last time we faced.

I know you have a new coach and all but, we are without Lubomir Visnovsky (shocking, we have an injured player!) and while Joe Corvo is showing to be a great young mobile defencemen, Vis might be the best young defencemen of his type in the game today for his size and is truly missed. The team seems to struggle when he is out so you have as good a shot at winning as we do.

Frolov doesn't respond well to layoffs and usually takes a game or two to start scoring again after one. Couple that with the fact that last night he were paired again with "energy line" players for part of the game (Murray always messing about with lines that work so he can get some minutes for his favourites) making it even more difficult for Frolov to pick his offencive game back up. The line to watch is the Luc/Armstrong/Klatt line. These guys are a perfect fit. All vets that play with heart. Army knows that he has to perform to stay and has done a grand job of it. Luc is the highest scoring LW in the history of the game and still has solid hands. Klatt is just a gamer. The Nucks were bitter sore to let him go and I see why. Clean player who is fun to watch. Have a look at those lads, they look grand.

Roman, if he plays, has a hard time in the first period of back to back games and is as likely to give up goals on the first three shots he faces as he is to make the save. I would imagine that if Nash and Zherdev threw everything they had at him on the first two shifts that they will find a sleepy Kings defence and rusty RC open to giving up a goal or two. Of course, that don't make me a rocket scientist but just an observation.

I say, another 2-2 tie with the OT goal going to Luc.

Best of luck.

Well, I were dead on with the score. A 2-2 tie going into ot. Of course, Luc might have scored it if RC weren't a tosser on puck handling. Blighter.

Of course, I were also off on Frolov not having a grand game. Nice wrap around for him. Funny thing that, last year it were his one move. This year he has maybe two wrappers. He wen't and found the rest of his game, now I hope he uses that effective wrapper once in awhile.

The refs are a curse on the Kings. Not that you lot played a dirty game at all. I also wouldn't say that the Kings got any penalties that weren't actual infractions. I will say though that you lot didn't get called for things that the Kings were called for all night. You got away with things that the Kings didn't and, for the second night in a row, the PP went 6 for our opponents and 1 for the Kings. I would call it coincidence or blame the Kings poor play if I and many others haven't seen it for our selves. The Kings players were pointing and yelling at the refs toward the end (not right) as you lot were getting away with penalties that we were called on moments before.

Not saying that you cheated or that you didn't beat us or deserve the win, you have played the Kings in the same manner so nothing like that. You deserved the points no doubt. Just pointing out the odd way that several times this season there have been certain teams that seem to get the nod over the Kings every outing. Not that it is the teams but usually the same refs calling when those problems occur. back to back nights where the opp gets a 6 to 1 pp chance is odd. It happens to the Kings all the time.

Ta da mates and thanks for the game. Zherdev made some grand moves and Nash looked to be nursing his injury a bit. All in all though, another good game. You match up well with us with our rosters as they are.

Old
02-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Hear that Sound? That Bobby Clarke, laughing his ass off in Philidalpha.

I think Svitov played a really good game and Zherdev did one hell of a pass to Johnson for his goal.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth

Watched the replay this afternoon and have one thing to say. To the media: Please don't interview Joey Galloway at a Blue Jackets game ever again.

Johnson gets his first goal after a beautiful rush up the ice by Zherdev and the first thing FoxSportsNet does is stick a microphone in Galloways grill.

As the crowd is going wild, FSN: "Pretty exciting, eh Joey". Galloway: "Well, the real excitement begins Friday". (His arena team's home opener)

Next time just shut the h*** up Joey and try to enjoy the game. Rant off.

Closed Thread