HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Crashing Huge

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 08:02 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Devils Crashing Huge

3-1 tonight against the Rags, they have not been looking good. The Flyers need to capitalize and stretch this lead to double digits before Stevens gets back.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
At one point, the shots were tied at 12 and the Rangers had led 3-0.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-11-2004, 08:11 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
At one point, the shots were tied at 12 and the Rangers had led 3-0.
Stevens should share Brodeur's Vezina if he gets it.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:14 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Stevens should share Brodeur's Vezina if he gets it.
Stevens should get all of the Vezina if Brodeur gets it. He should take the one Brodeur got last year...well actually Turco should take that one.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:17 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
It's sort of obvious that Brodeur is tired. Schwab has been real great for them, give the man a few starts and give Brodeur a rest. Could be 7 pts behind Flyers with just 2 games less played.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:31 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
ahhh, it's tough to see the Devils lose again....NOT!

thanks to those Rags for beating the Devils and to show our appreciation, we promise to only beat you guys by no more than 4 goals....we swear(fingers crossed behind the back)!

Old
02-11-2004, 08:35 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Save it for playoffs everyone.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:43 PM
AGraveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Save it for playoffs everyone.
If Stevens returns a little before the playoffs, i will fear New Jersey once again...if Stevens doesn't return New Jersey bows out in the first two rounds.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:50 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne
If Stevens returns a little before the playoffs, i will fear New Jersey once again...if Stevens doesn't return New Jersey bows out in the first two rounds.
Agreed. Getting out of the 1st round will be a big enough challenge....

Old
02-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
We won't get a chacne to see you guys in the playoffs If Stevens doesn't come back. I expect a coaching change fairly soon, we are in 6th spot in the east with Montreal nipping at our toes. Stevens is the definition of the Devils and should have atleast 3 Hart Trophies by now.

Schwab is injuried, this is the 5th time this year he was places on the IR, Burns won't go with a rookie while his team is in a slump.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:59 PM
blah

w/o Stevens the Devils look as good as the Panthers. Amazing how one defensive dman can have such a huge effect on a team.

Old
02-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
We won't get a chacne to see you guys in the playoffs If Stevens doesn't come back. I expect a coaching change fairly soon, we are in 6th spot in the east with Montreal nipping at our toes. Stevens is the definition of the Devils and should have atleast 3 Hart Trophies by now.

Schwab is injuried, this is the 5th time this year he was places on the IR, Burns won't go with a rookie while his team is in a slump.
You really feel that the Devils would make a coaching change? That suprises me, I wouldn't have thought things were that bad.

Old
02-11-2004, 09:30 PM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
You really feel that the Devils would make a coaching change? That suprises me, I wouldn't have thought things were that bad.
Ditto on that.

Burns guided them to a Stanley Cup, not just the finals, but a Cup. I could see some personnel changes. No Mogilny, no Niewendyke, they need offense as much as Stevens leadership.

The thing I hate is just when you think they're done they come back and surprise. Remember a few years ago when they changed coaches with 11 games left? They went ahead and won the Cup.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:04 AM
Flyers26

Stevens give the Debs their confidence. Without him, they don't have that killer attitude, and are just a regular team. If you jump on them early, they open their game up, and can't suffocate you with their defense.

Old
02-12-2004, 07:16 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
The Devils just need to get some offense on their team. You can't depend on Elias, Friesen & Langenbrunner all the time. Jamie is still getting used to playing after his knee injury. If Elias and Friesen aren't scoring, they aren't winning. They should really look into getting an O'Neill, Satan or someone who can score consistently.

Old
02-12-2004, 07:28 AM
AGraveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
The Devils just need to get some offense on their team. You can't depend on Elias, Friesen & Langenbrunner all the time. Jamie is still getting used to playing after his knee injury. If Elias and Friesen aren't scoring, they aren't winning. They should really look into getting an O'Neill, Satan or someone who can score consistently.
I'll agree they could use some offense...but Stevens's return and this team will start being fearsome again. If they got offense and Stevens back, then i'd just hand them the Cup...well, i'd make 'em earn it, but they would be my favorite to win.

I hope they don't go out and steal some player, like an Ethan Moreau type...that would stink. Whoever they get they better have to pay for him!

Old
02-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Absolutely innappropriate.

Last edited by Mizral: 02-12-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:32 PM
FearTheFlyers

Mizral Edit: Kapoof

Last edited by Mizral: 02-12-2004 at 07:03 PM.
Old
02-12-2004, 03:38 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Mizral Edit: Zap!

Last edited by Mizral: 02-12-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old
02-12-2004, 03:45 PM
FlyersFan

Is there a timetable for Stevens' return?

Old
02-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Mizral Edit: Spork!

Last edited by Mizral: 02-12-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old
02-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
Is there a timetable for Stevens' return?
He may be on the bikes as early as next week, if he can't ride the bike his future this season look pretty bad. Too make matters worse Hale (who was playing excellent) is injured and Colin White has been playing his worst hockey since he has come to the NJ. The pressure of him being out against the opposing teams top lines doesn't seem to go well with him. This team just isn't motivated anymore and they need a true leader to step up, Niedermayer isn't the guy they need right about now....here is were we miss Daneyko.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:23 PM
IronMarshal

The Debbies sans Stevens AND Daneyko are unable to clear the porch like they used to. Consequently, the Flyers beefy forwards are able to close in Broduer and wreak havoc in the goal mouth. That in a nutshell is the difference between the old Debbies and the new Debbies. In the past if either Danyko or Stevens was out, the other was still there to take care of business. Now they have no one. And don't give me Brown, he is a pylon, and White, he is not good enough. Brodeur can't win with the porch cluttered with bodies.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
The Debbies sans Stevens AND Daneyko are unable to clear the porch like they used to. Consequently, the Flyers beefy forwards are able to close in Broduer and wreak havoc in the goal mouth. That in a nutshell is the difference between the old Debbies and the new Debbies. In the past if either Danyko or Stevens was out, the other was still there to take care of business. Now they have no one. And don't give me Brown, he is a pylon, and White, he is not good enough. Brodeur can't win with the porch cluttered with bodies.
Exactly, Now I don't know if there is a defense in the East that can stop the flyers in front. This is one big tough team, I think this is the year the Flyers win the cup, they should keep the 1st seed in the Atlantic giving them a fairly easy first round match.

Closed Thread