HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What US Market???

Old
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
dlandry77

vCash: 500
What US Market???

I think the U.S. has been hurting for a long time trying to gain interest in the game of hockey. Canada in my mind always gets the shaft. Even now our whole country cares so much we only have 6 teams and the chances of us retaining the cup is sometimes pretty difficult.

At this points I could give 2 sh*ts about any team in the playoffs right now, But I was wondering out of all the teams left what would help the NHL market the most and increase the NHL fan base.

In my opinion unless a miracle happens (and the Rangers win) the Rangers would probably boost the NHL fan base the most in the US. NHL Television ratings would be at an all time high in the U.S. Canada will probably be the same as usual. Because they did start there own NHL network on fox sports when they won the cup in 1994.

What team if they won the cup would help boost NHL interest in the U.S.

At this point I don't care who wins but If a team can make Americans enjoy the game more, whatever works at this point.

Last edited by dlandry77: 05-04-2008 at 04:04 PM.
dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

It depends on what you mean by interest. The Rangers winning will give the NHL more publicity, just because of the New York and Eastern media.

In terms of fan interest, I don't think it matters. Pittsburgh might have a slight edge there because of the Crosby factor.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:57 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It depends on what you mean by interest. The Rangers winning will give the NHL more publicity, just because of the New York and Eastern media.

In terms of fan interest, I don't think it matters. Pittsburgh might have a slight edge there because of the Crosby factor.
I guess just a general interest in the game. I think since the Rangers would get the most publicity, I think they could try to grab new fans that might not be interested in the game. It has not helped build more support by having new teams win the cup such as the Hurricanes and Lightning.

Maybe the Pens would, Crosby is pretty similar to Gretzky and he started up all the teams in Cali. At this point any reason to give Americans a reason to care a little bit. Right now everyone left is pretty much in a hockey market and maybe it won't change anything.

Dallas, Detroit, Flyers(I hate them but true), Rangers and The Pens when they are winning.

Old
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
brownman*

Most American sportswriters (not that they're the be-all end-all) will turn their heads to any combination of Wings vs. Rangers/Pens/Flyers.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
dlandry77

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Most American sportswriters (not that they're the be-all end-all) will turn their heads to any combination of Wings vs. Rangers/Pens/Flyers.
I guess Redwings VS the Rangers that would probably be the best for Americans interest.

Old
05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
I guess Redwings VS the Rangers that would probably be the best for Americans interest.
Americans always seem to tune in for Detroit, but I think Pittsburgh would be a great match up as well. People know Pittsburgh because of Crosby (no matter what any of us think of him) and they know Detroit. I'm sure their interest would be peeked to see what Sidney could do against Detroit.