HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

winning disappointment...

Old
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
blazeSS

vCash: 500
winning disappointment...

as much as i cherish a ranger victory.. i was hopin we'd lose last nite..... now renney's job is secure... this man hasn't a clue how to put or keep a team together ..with the talent we have no way we shouldn't have made it to the finals ... he fools everyone with how articulate a man he is.. and the blah blah blah he got us to the post season 3 years in a row... thats BS the players got us there... strudwick game 4.. LOL.... maybe kasperaitus for game 5 ?

blazeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeSS View Post
as much as i cherish a ranger victory.. i was hopin we'd lose last nite..... now renney's job is secure... this man hasn't a clue how to put or keep a team together ..with the talent we have no way we shouldn't have made it to the finals ... he fools everyone with how articulate a man he is.. and the blah blah blah he got us to the post season 3 years in a row... thats BS the players got us there... strudwick game 4.. LOL.... maybe kasperaitus for game 5 ?
Give me a break, you'd rather lose? Strudwick in game four worked didn't it.

I think you're being a little harsh on the guy.

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah whatever we do, we gotta get rid of Renney.

Ron Low or bust!

Better yet, bring back Bryan Trottier and I'll get started engraving the Cup.

S-E-A

05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Are you out of you mind?!

05-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Hemlawk86

I kinda dont like the style of hockey we play. It pisses me off when we have 3 guys crowded in the corner and noone in front of the net.
Renney needs to do something...

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

I have been anti Renney for ever, but to wish a loss for the Rangers is absurd.

BlueShirts88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
"he got us to the post season 3 years in a row... thats BS the players got us there..", can't argue that the players are the ones on the ice.

But I find it interesting how you credit the players for their successes but blame the coach for their failures. I don't get it.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
blazeSS

i guess some of you find it acceptable to have the worst pp in the league and a coach that made no changes to it NONE ZERO... and i'm out of my mind

Old
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
"he got us to the post season 3 years in a row... thats BS the players got us there..", can't argue that the players are the ones on the ice.

But I find it interesting how you credit the players for their successes but blame the coach for their failures. I don't get it.
sather gave renney the resources to win and renney BLEW IT !!!!

Old
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
i guess some of you find it accepable to have the worst pp in the league and a coach that made no changes to it NONE ZERO... and i'm out of my mind
I have been anti Renney for the longest time. Your reasoning is wrong, and very hyprocritical. First off, what kind of Ranger fan wishes a team loss so the coach will be fired? Every single Ranger fan should think Rangers in 7. Simple as that.

Also, you said that the players got us to the playoffs the past 3 years, not Renney. But now that were losing in the playoffs its Renneys fault all of a sudden? Comeon, that doesnt make any sense.

And by the way, one single win last night does not mean Renney's job is all of a sudden secure. As far as Im concerned, Renney will be back next year even if we lost last night.

Old
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
sather gave renney the resources to win and renney BLEW IT !!!!
Ok, so 2 games ago when Malkin put what appeared to be an unscreened shot from the blueline past Lundqvist on the PP somehow that was Renney's fault?????????

Everyone has the right to question the coaches decisions, but I really don't think he is that bad.

Old
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
chosen

Quote:
The funniest and oddest part of your post is that you think we have better talent than Pitt. If the Rangers weren't playing a defensive brand of hockey, Pitt would be averaging 5-7 goals a game.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The funniest and oddest part of your post is that you think we have better talent than Pitt. If the Rangers weren't playing a defensive brand of hockey, Pitt would be averaging 5-7 goals a game.
Havent they been doing that anyway

Haha, just kidding. I love you henrik

Old
05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
eco's bones

One of the silliest posts I've ever read. Unfortunately Blaze you don't seem to have a clue about Sather. If you think for instance being swept in the 2nd round would mean Renney's automatic dismissal then you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain. Sather has never been worried all that much about what the fan base thinks but whether you like it or not these past 3 years qualify as a huge success and there's no way he's dumping Renney and also whether you like it or not Renney has been a major component in changing the atmosphere of the team from one of an old age retirement home for NHL all stars on the decline to where we actually see young players coming in and making a difference. It's hard to understand your bitterness here--if it pisses you off so much maybe you need to find another sport to follow.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Folks:

I don't care how much you may disagree with someone, attacking that poster is not allowed.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I have been anti Renney for the longest time. Your reasoning is wrong, and very hyprocritical. First off, what kind of Ranger fan wishes a team loss so the coach will be fired? Every single Ranger fan should think Rangers in 7. Simple as that.

Also, you said that the players got us to the playoffs the past 3 years, not Renney. But now that were losing in the playoffs its Renneys fault all of a sudden? Comeon, that doesnt make any sense.

And by the way, one single win last night does not mean Renney's job is all of a sudden secure. As far as Im concerned, Renney will be back next year even if we lost last night.
absolutely frustrated, hypocritical, angry or whatever you want to call me.. i'm it !!

renney is responsible for the teams chemistry

all i know is the rangers played their best hockey when avery dubi and jagr played together... everyline clicked and for whatever reason renney split it up...i would love to know why ?

this team has not been the same since renney's brilliant move

Last edited by blazeSS: 05-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
absolutely, frustrated, hypocritical, angry or whatever you want to call me.. i'm it !!

renney is responsible for the teams chemistry

all i know is the rangers played their best hockey when avery dubi and jagr played together... everyline clicked and for whatever reason renney split it up... why ?

this team has not been the same since renney's brilliant move

Now this type of post makes a little more sense. I don't like the way Renney's handling the team because ever since he.......................................

You give a reason, you're just just spewing off saying that he has no idea how to put a team together.

Still I can't see how you WANT your own team to lose because the coach won't put together the forward combination that you want to see, even if it had success in the past.

Old
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

where did i say the rangers have better talent ?.. i stand by the fact we are the better team.... 5-3 during reg season and anyone of these playoff games could have gone either way.. thats what is so frustrating...

Old
05-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
His job was secure anyway. Are you kdding me?

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TheRedressor

Just because Renney won last night doesn't mean that his job is secure...............

That being said I don't believe that he should be fired if we do lose this series.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mstraka82

Quote:
Not a real fan...., you know you want us to win

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Nich

can we attack ourselves?

but really, what it comes down to is, if you were rooting for us to lose, then i root for you to be a fan of another team

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
eco's bones

I don't mean to be personal. I don't follow the Rangers though hoping they'll screw up. I want them to win each and every time, exhibitions, regular season, playoffs--Hartford Wolfpack. There are 7 teams left at this point and even if we're hanging by a thread--we're one of the better teams and playing one of the best teams in the league and if by some miracle we get past them then we're no doubt going to be facing another one of the best teams. I've been following the Rangers avidly since 71-72 and those 7 straight years out of the playoffs prior to the lockout were the most miserable seasons of all of them. We are building something finally and it may be that next season we'll take a step back because of personnel losses--even so these last 3 seasons have put us back on the map.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:31 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Now this type of post makes a little more sense. I don't like the way Renney's handling the team because ever since he.......................................

You give a reason, you're just just spewing off saying that he has no idea how to put a team together.

Still I can't see how you WANT your own team to lose because the coach won't put together the forward combination that you want to see, even if it had success in the past.
i don't enjoy watching the team that i go crazy for gettin abused by bad calls, and a coach that won't say boo to the refs....

lines with no chemistry...

a young and inexperienced with no leadership defense that could have been improved, not properly addressed by renney/sather ?

Last edited by blazeSS: 05-02-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old
05-02-2008, 04:33 PM
hlundqvist30*

So apparently Sather told Renney, "If you win one game vs. Pittsburgh then you're safe."

How does that even make sense?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote