HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

winning disappointment...

Old
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
blazeSS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
All he does is start posts that he knows people are going to react to and get pissed off. Youre all better off ignoring him unless you want to deal with him all off season.

you're all quick to criticize but you don't respond to any of the facts in my posts

Last edited by blazeSS: 05-02-2008 at 08:58 PM.
blazeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeSS View Post
where did i say the rangers have better talent ?.. i stand by the fact we are the better team.... 5-3 during reg season and anyone of these playoff games could have gone either way.. thats what is so frustrating...
You said it in your original post:

"with the talent we have no way we shouldn't have made it to the finals"

According to you, the Rangers have the talent to no way miss the Finals. Therefore they must have better talent than Pittsburgh unles you think the two teams could have somehow met in the Finals.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Yeah, we should bring back Muckler.

The Penguin: "You don't think you'll actually WIN, do you???"
Batman: "Things change."

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
nickrOck

i hated the idea of strudwick in there for game 4, but he played a responsible game and uses his body.. the complete opposite of backman.. i actually am upset renney did'nt pull the plug on backman sooner and do this..

the play of prucha last night i hope opened renney's eyes, he played balls to the wall last night.. IMO

i've had my gripes with renney over his tenure, and maybe he is loyal to his players to a fault at times.. but he's the best coach we've had here in a long time.. it could be alot worse..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

So I guess if the Rangers come back, win the series and win the cup you'll still be disappointed...

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
This thread is pretty embarrassing.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:07 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD View Post
if renney had not put in hollweg this series could very well be 2-2
At least 2-2

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:14 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
renney's a great coach ?

the first year jagr was awesome, he single handily brought us to the post season

the second year. terrrible for 3/4 of season.... then force of hand injuries brought the youth up and gettin avery got us to the playoffs

this year 3/4 of the season goes by we're horrible , a team with no
identity.. out of nowhere the line of avery dubi and jagr was put together and bang instant chemistry which gets us back to the playoffs for 3 rd straight year....

and you give all the credit to renney.. i'm sorry he doesn't deserve it !
Do you think handling players with Egos like Jagr & Avery are easy?
And how quick you forget alot of these young kids playin now Dubi,Cally,Dawes to name a few were all impacted by Renney when he was in charge of player development.
I give Renney a ton of credit for bringing these guys along & keeping the ship afloat & than righting in when it was off course. I don't agree with every single decsion Renney makes or does, but I have faith & trust his judgement. He has proven himself over & over again. One last thing, Renney is the only coach in THE NHL that has made the playoffs all 3cyears since the lockout.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:47 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Do you think handling players with Egos like Jagr & Avery are easy?
And how quick you forget alot of these young kids playin now Dubi,Cally,Dawes to name a few were all impacted by Renney when he was in charge of player development.
I give Renney a ton of credit for bringing these guys along & keeping the ship afloat & than righting in when it was off course. I don't agree with every single decsion Renney makes or does, but I have faith & trust his judgement. He has proven himself over & over again. One last thing, Renney is the only coach in THE NHL that has made the playoffs all 3cyears since the lockout.
some of these young guys you mention would have never seen the ice if not for injuries....

as far as renney the "only coach" 3 years in a row ? ..... you would agree that most of the same teams have made it to the post season ? right !!!.. but you're saying with a different coach ? .. i wonder why that is ?

maybe cause the coach couldn't get the team to the next level ?

i see the same pattern here !!

Old
05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
some of these young guys you mention would have never seen the ice if not for injuries....

as far as renney the "only coach" 3 years in a row ? ..... you would agree that most of the same teams have made it to the post season ? right !!!.. but you're saying with a different coach ? .. i wonder why that is ?

maybe cause the coach couldn't get the team to the next level ?

i see the same pattern here !!
Only one coach in the Eastern conference has made the playoffs every year since the lockout.

The Rangers are one of three Eastern conference teams to make the playoffs every season since the lockout (the others are the Devils and Senators).

So, yeah, I do see a pattern.

05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

People were saying these same types of things about Tom Coughlin. I wonder how that turned out.......

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 03:43 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
renney's a great coach ?

the first year jagr was awesome, he single handily brought us to the post season

the second year. terrrible for 3/4 of season.... then force of hand injuries brought the youth up and gettin avery got us to the playoffs

this year 3/4 of the season goes by we're horrible , a team with no
identity.. out of nowhere the line of avery dubi and jagr was put together and bang instant chemistry which gets us back to the playoffs for 3 rd straight year....

and you give all the credit to renney.. i'm sorry he doesn't deserve it !
Renney's first full season nobody even expected us to make the playoffs. SI picked us 30 of 30. Weekes was going to be the starting goalie. Nobody had ever heard of Lundqvist. Roszival was an injury plagued borderline minor leaguer. We had a lot of holes to plug but Renney brought the team together and had us leading the division until near the finish but by that time we had numerous injuries. He should have been coach of the year. All those teams from the prior 7 seasons were can't miss with all the 'talent' they had--always going to challenge for the Cup every year--never made the playoffs. All of a sudden with a bunch of nobodies and Jagr we do. Well Jagr did have a fantastic season but one player does not make a team. Renney and his staff implemented a defensive system something that prior Ranger coaching staffs turned up their noses at. Renney and his coaching staff gave the team direction....and just a couple other points--young players can make our team these days--Renney's teams work hard--I could go through our losing but starstudded pre-lockout lineups and maybe pick out a handful of players I actually liked. The teams we have now it's the exact opposite. I like almost the whole team and the ones I don't care for at least they tend to play with heart.

Last edited by eco's bones: 05-03-2008 at 03:51 PM.
eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:01 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Renney's first full season nobody even expected us to make the playoffs. SI picked us 30 of 30. Weekes was going to be the starting goalie. Nobody had ever heard of Lundqvist. Roszival was an injury plagued borderline minor leaguer. We had a lot of holes to plug but Renney brought the team together and had us leading the division until near the finish but by that time we had numerous injuries. He should have been coach of the year. All those teams from the prior 7 seasons were can't miss with all the 'talent' they had--always going to challenge for the Cup every year--never made the playoffs. All of a sudden with a bunch of nobodies and Jagr we do. Well Jagr did have a fantastic season but one player does not make a team. Renney and his staff implemented a defensive system something that prior Ranger coaching staffs turned up their noses at. Renney and his coaching staff gave the team direction....and just a couple other points--young players can make our team these days--Renney's teams work hard--I could go through our losing but starstudded pre-lockout lineups and maybe pick out a handful of players I actually liked. The teams we have now it's the exact opposite. I like almost the whole team and the ones I don't care for at least they tend to play with heart.

we had jagr.... one of the best to play the game....best set up guy to touch the ice...one of the strongest not fastest with the puck...a leader by example.. a PROVEN WINNER on OUR team and you were surprised we got to the playoffs ?

one player doesn't make a team ?... MICHAEL JORDAN

Old
05-03-2008, 04:13 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Only one coach in the Eastern conference has made the playoffs every year since the lockout.

The Rangers are one of three Eastern conference teams to make the playoffs every season since the lockout (the others are the Devils and Senators).

So, yeah, I do see a pattern.

there are 16 teams that make it to the post season, thats half of the nhl

this is New York not Milwaukee... big name players want to play here.. tradition, lotta money here to be made in contracts and endorsements...

a team from NY not makin the post season in any sport is a flat out embarressment

Old
05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
How many hockey teams did Michael Jordan lead to the playoffs?

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
we had jagr.... one of the best to play the game....best set up guy to touch the ice...one of the strongest not fastest with the puck...a leader by example.. a PROVEN WINNER on OUR team and you were surprised we got to the playoffs ?

terrible example.

Those Chicago Bulls teams were stacked. They made the playoffs w/o Michael. But they were just infinitely better with him.

Rangers were a 2-man team 3 years ago. Henrik, and Jagr. But I think what Henrik did was as important, if not more important, than what Jagr did.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:17 PM
otterulz

Quote:

You really can't be this dense, can you?

We've put together all-star teams and have missed the playoffs. Just because we have Jaromir Jagr, who's past his prime, does not mean we were or are automatic locks for the playoffs. Don't even bring up Michael Jordan because that's just a weak analogy that doesn't even work in your favor.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
otterulz

Quote:
there are 16 teams that make it to the post season, thats half of the nhl

this is New York not Milwaukee... big name players want to play here.. tradition, lotta money here to be made in contracts and endorsements...

a team from NY not makin the post season in any sport is a flat out embarressment
WOW! You sound like a Yankee fan. Are you a Yankee fan?

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:26 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
terrible example.

Those Chicago Bulls teams were stacked. They made the playoffs w/o Michael. But they were just infinitely better with him.

Rangers were a 2-man team 3 years ago. Henrik, and Jagr. But I think what Henrik did was as important, if not more important, than what Jagr did.
2 man team ? we had nylander,straka betts, rucchin, ruchinsky, sykora ,prucha with 30 goals. etc. and weekes who played alot more then he should have.....

Last edited by blazeSS: 05-03-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old
05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
terrible example.

Quote:
2 man team ? we had nylander,straka betts, rucchin, ruchinsky, sykora ,prucha with 30 goals. etc. and weekes who played alot more then he should have.....
blaze you know nothing about hockey. The players you named are average players.

Federov came into Washington and saved Ovie from Nylander because he has done absolutely nothing this year. Inferno is correct, 3 years ago it was basically a 2 man team. Betts, while I love his role on the team and his dedication, does nothing offensively. He is not easily replaceable, but he is not a stand out player.

Straka has always been over-rated imo.

Rucchin, lol.

Ruchinsky, where the hell is he nowadays?

Sykora, over-rated.

Prucha, i'm sure some of you know my opinion on him. He is useless and can be dried out and used to fertilize the lawn imo. Although, he is the only player on that list you named that was actually a threat 3 years ago.

My rant is over.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
blazeSS

OK... so we sort of sumed up 3 years that renney has coached the rangers and none of you but me is upset with...

renney for playin weekes over lundy

renney not gettin his players to stay in the offensive crease

renney not gettin his players to shoot from all angles and to not to wait for the perfect shot

renney not gettin his players to shoot more

renney doing absolutely nothing to improve the power play

renney playin malik

renney usin rozi as 5th shooter in shootout

renney not bein a strategist

renney never speakin up to the refs to defend players

renney takin 3/4's of all 3 seasons to find chemistry only to break it up.

renney not gettin his players up for a team we're supposed to beat.... columbus last year.. kings this year

i'm sure theres many more that "objective" ranger fans could come up with..

as a rangers fan i've tried to support renney many times.. when you're winning that all that matters.... but no way and i say NO WAY we should be down 3-1 to pitt

great players and great coaches rise to the occasion and thats why jagr has been awseome... and renney blew a 3-0 lead on the road that could have completely demoralized pitt for the series .

Old
05-03-2008, 05:43 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
OK... so we sort of sumed up 3 years that renney has coached the rangers and none of you but me is upset with

renney for playin weekes over lundy

renney not gettin his players to stay in the offensive crease

renney not gettin his players to shoot from all angles and to not to wait for the perfect shot

renney not gettin his players to shoot more

renney doing absolutely nothing to improve the power play

renney playin malik

renney usin rozi as 5 shooter in shootout

renney not bein a strategist

renney never speakin up to the refs to defend players

renney takin 3/4's of all 3 seasons to find chemistry only to break it up.

renney not gettin his players up for a team we're supposed to beat.... columbus last year.. kings this year

i'm sure theres many more that "objective" ranger fans could come up with..

as a rangers fan i've tried to support renney many times.. when you're winning that all that matters.... but no way and i say NO WAY we should be down 3-1 to pitt

great players and great coaches rise to the occasion and thats why jagr has been awseome... and renney blew a 3-0 lead on the road that could have completely demoralized pitt for the series .

Ho hum. Just weak.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

What a fly-by-night attempt at a Stealth Troll.

Yeah it will really suck if we win the The Cup, because then Renney will definitely be coming back! ??????!!!!?????

moronic

I always forget there are 12yo posters here.

sorry. never mind.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
blazeSS

oh yea.. and finally.....lets not forget that renney's legacy will only be known for the only coach in rangers history to blow a 5-0 lead... montreal !

Old
05-03-2008, 06:56 PM
dedalus

And of course Glen Sather - he of so many playoff misses - has NOTHING to do with "putting a team together."

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote