HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

winning disappointment...

Old
05-03-2008, 06:57 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeSS View Post
oh yea.. and finally.....lets not forget that renney's legacy will only be known for the only coach in rangers history to blow a 5-0 lead... montreal !
You realize, of course, that if the Rangers make the playoffs next year Renney will be one of only three coaches in the long history of this franchise to lead this team to four straight post-season appearances. I have a feeling that this is what will become his legacy, not the Montreal loss which will likely go down as a footnote.

Look, nobody is saying that Renney is not without flaws. But the bottom line is the results. So far he's led the Rangers to the playoffs every year he's coached them. If they miss the playoffs next year, there might be reason to let him go, but until that time, he is the coach of this team and deservedly so.

And let's not forget, the season isn't over yet; not by a long shot.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:08 PM
otterulz

Quote:
oh yea.. and finally.....lets not forget that renney's legacy will only be known for the only coach in rangers history to blow a 5-0 lead... montreal !
Yeah, you're right. It was Renney in net that allowed all those goals.

Now I'm starting to believe you've made these threads as some sorta joke.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Renney's got tonight off, so if there are any muggings, murders or purse snatchings in NYC tonight Renney did it

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Renney's got tonight off, so if there are any muggings, murders or purse snatchings in NYC tonight Renney did it
i LOL'ed at that, nicely played

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
some of these young guys you mention would have never seen the ice if not for injuries....

i see the same pattern here !!
You are coming off like these young players like Cally Dawes, Prcha & Dubinsky were walking down 7th ave pluked off the street given skates, sticks & Rangers jersey's & sent out on the ice.

Renney helped groom these guysfrom the day they were drafted, perhaps even earlier during the pre draft screening process. The Rangers new exactly what they had.

The only patternI see here is that you're an ignorant Idiot.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
i was hopin we'd lose last nite.....
7 words it took me to write you off as a Ranger fan

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Celestial Black

Rangers are trying to create a miracle and it is something that I would love to see.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:50 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Folks:

I don't care how much you may disagree with someone, attacking that poster is not allowed.
I have disagreed with authoritive persons all my life. Parents, teachers, counselors, shrinks, bartenders, bouncers, cops, wardens (yes - that is right), the IRS in a plethora of countries where I dwelt, journalists and girlfriends. Now moderators on this board. Not given the right to express different opinions *isses me off. But hey - I have not even joined in on this discussion by previously posting... But all through this - i believe unwarranted and subjective censorship is a good portrait of my Grandfathers 1930s Germany. And this branch of my family tree does not make me proud at all... Do not even ask...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
eco's bones

OTOH this is just a hockey talk-site--not something life or death. I didn't really see or write anything that I thought went overboard--even so that is a judgement that I can't make for others. It seems likely to me that the threadstarter is trying to justify a point of view more from his misplaced feelings that flies in the face of reality. I think the moderator may have only had in mind the the fear that the entire forum would pile all over him--or her as the case may be.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
blazeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
OTOH this is just a hockey talk-site--not something life or death. I didn't really see or write anything that I thought went overboard--even so that is a judgement that I can't make for others. It seems likely to me that the threadstarter is trying to justify a point of view more from his misplaced feelings that flies in the face of reality. I think the moderator may have only had in mind the the fear that the entire forum would pile all over him--or her as the case may be.
misplaced feelings ?

korpokowski was tearing it up in hartford for the last 2 months ... and renney brings him up when the rangers back are against the wall.. and he scores which proves he should have been here!!!!.... yea renney is great in bringin young players along... just wish he had the know how when to bring them up ... just another flaw in our great coach.

Last edited by blazeSS: 05-04-2008 at 08:39 PM.
blazeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

blazeSS if you feel so strongly against the Rangers coach and his system there are 29 other teams that are always accepting fans.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote