HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice Lines Today

Old
05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Nitehowl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
As per habsinsideout :

http://habsinsideout.com/main/7914

ak46 - pleky - kovy
higgy - koivu - sk
begin - smoke - kosto
tender - lapierre - streit
Why ?? Tell me a good reason he should be in the lineup after 11 games of the playoffs. He is a total waste of space now. Regular season OK but not anymore. At least Ryder will throw a bodycheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't know about putting Stewart in, but I like the idea of a Streit-Lapierre-Chipchura-Lantedresse 4th line.
I like this for the 4th line.Will the other team notice

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-02-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Beakermania*

This lineup makes sense...... Its do or die time.... You go with the lineup that you rode to first place.... the lineup that you haven't put together once in this series.

Akost - Pleky - Kovalev (The top line, reunited and ready to wreck havoc again).
Higgins - Koivu - Skost (The 2nd line, so dangerous the last game they played together, game 6 vs Boston; on the ice for 3 goals for)
Begin - Smoke - Kosto (The energy line reunited.... best line of the boston series, and got the OT winner in game 1)
Streit - Lappierre - Tender (Tender has been better since reinserted, him and Lappy have shown chemistry this year.... Streit has to either be on this line, or Defence or you don't have him for the PP.... I know he hasn't been good on the PP; but I want the first PP unit from the regular season back together again; I wanna see what they can do).

Markov - Komi (our number 1 pair all year)
Hammer - Breezy/O'byrne (decision time for Carbo... i go Breezy right now)
Bouillion - Gorges (they've been good this series... Gorges is a warrior).

PRICE IN NET..... (he's your number 1; you ride him now).

ITS DO OR DIE.... We either do it with the lineup that got us this far, or we don't do it at all.... Now is not the time to experiment with Koivu and the Bros; now is the time to get this **** done.

GO HABS GO

This is the lineup

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

WTH? RDS is reporting these lines:

Chris Higgins-Saku Koivu-Sergei Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn Andrei-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev

Steve Bégin-Brian Smolinski-Tom Kostopoulos

Guillaume Latendresse-Maxime Lapierre-Mathieu Dandenault

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/251017.html

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
As per habsinsideout :

http://habsinsideout.com/main/7914

ak46 - pleky - kovy
higgy - koivu - sk
begin - smoke - kosto
tender - lapierre - streit
I hate that Koivu line, get Lats in there, Higgins or S.Kots don't go to the net and Saku can't do it alone. S.Kost should be with Lapierre and Streit it might wake him up.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
WTH? RDS is reporting these lines:
Chris Higgins-Saku Koivu-Sergei Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn Andrei-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev

Steve Bégin-Brian Smolinski-Tom Kostopoulos

Guillaume Latendresse-Maxime Lapierre-Mathieu Dandenault
I hope Streit is playing defense if that's the case.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Lapierre-Lats-Dandenault....I just hate it....

Line that not only won't provide any offensive but will barely be able to refrained the opposition...

Please let them play only 5 minutes....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Loss.

Get Lapierre and Streit the **** out.

Chipchura and Stewart. I don't care about experience, these two guys will dig in corners, and get in front of the net. That's all we need right now. Not fast word hard, do nothing of subtance Lapierre and shoot at shins Streit and lose foot race and make goalie make breakaway save Streit.
You have a suggestion for a centre to replace Lapierre?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You have a suggestion for a centre to replace Lapierre?
I think he said Chipchura..... wouldn't be the move I would make, but that was his suggestion.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Nobody has quite explained why Lapierre deserves to be benched. I'm just going to chalk it up to fanboys who want Chipchura to play.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Nobody has quite explained why Lapierre deserves to be benched. I'm just going to chalk it up to fanboys who want Chipchura to play.
Aside from some penalty killing shifts, he's useless? He runs around, skates hard and works hard. But when he gets the puck? Wrong decision. He can't pass. His shots are weak and predictable. He doesn't crease crash. He doesn't piss off enough. He doesn't agitate or really make a big hit.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't know about putting Stewart in, but I like the idea of a Streit/Lapierre-Chipchura-Lantedresse 4th line.
IMO - the Habs need all the goals they can get and if Lapierre has any offensive skills he is doing a very good job of hiding them, he might have the weakest wrist shot in the NHL.

I wouldn't mind Chipchura but he hasn't played an NHL game in what? 3 months? it won't happen, Stewart is almost just as unlikely but I still really like to see him in there.

Ryder, Stewart, Chipchura, Grabovski, Youppi > Latendresse, Lapierre, Streit

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
IMO - the Habs need all the goals they can get and if Lapierre has any offensive skills he is doing a very good job of hiding them, he might have the weakest wrist shot in the NHL.

I wouldn't mind Chipchura but he hasn't played an NHL game in what? 3 months? it won't happen, Stewart is almost just as unlikely but I still really like to see him in there.

Ryder, Stewart, Chipchura, Grabovski, Youppi > Latendresse, Lapierre, Streit
All the experience in the world aren't getting our current group in front of the net. Put the hungry youngsters in and they'll do what you tell 'em. Go the front fo the net. Go to the front of the net.

All I want.

Old
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Ryder > Streit.

Then on the powerplay,

A Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev
S Kostitsyn - Markov

S Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Brisebois - Hamrlik

oh well.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
I like Stewart. For a long time now while nobody knew who he was that I was saying that he'd be a 4th liner soon.

But playing a good game against a poor and eliminated Leafs team playing their last game of the season, meaning just waiting to go home, doesn't mean that he should dress for our game 7th in the playoffs....

I mean even Stewart said that he didn't get any breakways in the AHL while he may have had almost 2 against the Leafs....tells you a whole lot about the adversity....

Don't get me wrong, the kid will be a serious candidate next year or at the very worst, a definite call-up when there will be injuries. But there's a world between that and playing in the playoffs especially since Carbo rolls his 4 lines the way he does.

Ryder should definately be in though. He could threw paper planes in Biron's mask....that could be what we need....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I like Stewart. For a long time now while nobody knew who he was that I was saying that he'd be a 4th liner soon.

But playing a good game against a poor and eliminated Leafs team playing their last game of the season, meaning just waiting to go home, doesn't mean that he should dress for our game 7th in the playoffs....

I mean even Stewart said that he didn't get any breakways in the AHL while he may have had almost 2 against the Leafs....tells you a whole lot about the adversity....

Don't get me wrong, the kid will be a serious candidate next year or at the very worst, a definite call-up when there will be injuries. But there's a world between that and playing in the playoffs especially since Carbo rolls his 4 lines the way he does.

Ryder should definately be in though. He could threw paper planes in Biron's mask....that could be what we need....
I don't care about any of this. I just want Stewart to go to the front of the net. I would rather Chippy, but if I get at least Stewart, I can be cool with that.

Old
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Aside from some penalty killing shifts, he's useless? He runs around, skates hard and works hard. But when he gets the puck? Wrong decision. He can't pass. His shots are weak and predictable. He doesn't crease crash. He doesn't piss off enough. He doesn't agitate or really make a big hit.
So I can only presume from your other posts that you'd rather have Chipchura play in his stead, who though he works hard, he's slower, a worse forechecker, abysmal at faceoffs, maybe just as good at penalty killing. Chipchura doesn't crease crash, doesn't shoot well (better than Lapierre, but still not well), make big hits or agitate. He lacks all the attributes that you criticize Lapierre for.

I don't see how that replacement is an upgrade except as a desperation move.

I would advocate slipping Chipchura in as a winger and put he and Lapierre on the same line (Lats-Lapierre-Chipchura?) but as a replacement it's awful.

Old
05-02-2008, 10:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
So I can only presume from your other posts that you'd rather have Chipchura play in his stead, who though he works hard, he's slower, a worse forechecker, abysmal at faceoffs, maybe just as good at penalty killing. Chipchura doesn't crease crash, doesn't shoot well, make big hits or agitate.

I would advocate slipping Chipchura in as a winger and put he and Lapierre on the same line (Lats-Lapierre-Chipchura?) but as a replacement it's awful.
Chipchura never loses a battle on the boards. He's not that bad at face-offs, maybe Lapierre is better, but it's not like he ever does anything once we gain control. Chipchura does crease crash. Chipchura is a born winner and leader. His shot and offensive talents are tenfold of that of Lapierres. His checks would probably be more solid than Lapierre's and Lapierre is not agitating anyone by skating around with a stupid look and making plays. He's not being chippy, he's not being yappy enough and he's not making enough discreetly dirty plays.

Old
05-02-2008, 11:02 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Chipchura never loses a battle on the boards. He's not that bad at face-offs, maybe Lapierre is better, but it's not like he ever does anything once we gain control. Chipchura does crease crash. Chipchura is a born winner and leader. His shot and offensive talents are tenfold of that of Lapierres. His checks would probably be more solid than Lapierre's and Lapierre is not agitating anyone by skating around with a stupid look and making plays. He's not being chippy, he's not being yappy enough and he's not making enough discreetly dirty plays.
Well "tenfold" is a reach, but the main part of your post that I disagree with is "not that bad at face-offs." Lapierre is averaging 52% in the postseason. Chipchura averaged something like 41% when he was in Montreal, and though it's not an official stat in the AHL from what I've seen he's not doing much better down there, certainly not 50%. That is abysmal at faceoffs. There's no other way to put it.
Sure he has intangible values, but not enough to justify inserting him cold into an unfamiliar lineup in a high-pressure situation.

Old
05-03-2008, 08:04 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Well "tenfold" is a reach, but the main part of your post that I disagree with is "not that bad at face-offs." Lapierre is averaging 52% in the postseason. Chipchura averaged something like 41% when he was in Montreal, and though it's not an official stat in the AHL from what I've seen he's not doing much better down there, certainly not 50%. That is abysmal at faceoffs. There's no other way to put it.
Sure he has intangible values, but not enough to justify inserting him cold into an unfamiliar lineup in a high-pressure situation.
It's about willingness right now. Lapierre has no willingness to go to the front of the net. If Chipchura does, I want him in the line-up. Plain and simple.

Old
05-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Ryder > Streit.

Then on the powerplay,

A Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev
S Kostitsyn - Markov

S Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Brisebois - Hamrlik

oh well.
I doubt they would double shift Sergei Kostitsyn on the PP. Kovalev? Yeah. Koivu? Yeah. S Kosty? Nope.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:41 AM
zurg999

Quote:
So I can only presume from your other posts that you'd rather have Chipchura play in his stead, who though he works hard, he's slower, a worse forechecker, abysmal at faceoffs, maybe just as good at penalty killing. Chipchura doesn't crease crash, doesn't shoot well (better than Lapierre, but still not well), make big hits or agitate. He lacks all the attributes that you criticize Lapierre for.

If it was me, I'd have had Chipchura in at some point in the series as a centre, but I'm a homer. Can't be that much worse than some of the stuff we've seen.

He's a centre with puck distribution skills who's not bad in a defensive role (see Calder Cup playoffs 06-07). Plus he can play a physical game.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Fire Brunet*

Lapierre should stop acting tough behind his motocycle visor and crash the net.

'nuff said

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
But... but... Streit is so versatile and can add so much to our fourth line!

And he's so good on the PP!!!

I hope this guy signs with the Bruins for the ridiculous amount of money he's gonna get.
That crap and the Ryder > Streit thing.........

Streit was the 3rd best scorer on the team this year... Whatever...

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:51 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
The hate for Streit I understand, but the hate for Lapierre, I dont get it.
I think Ryder should be in for Streit and playing with Lappy and Lats...but that ain't happening.

Carbo...

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:59 AM
habsrock60

We need Ryder in! Any offence at this point is good. I would go with these lines:

S.Kostitsyn-Koivu-A.Kostitsyn
Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Lapierre-Ryder
Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulous

Markov-Komisarek
Hamerlik-Brisebois
Gorges-Bouillon

Price
Halak

habsrock60 is offline   Reply With Quote