HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs loss, next day Hangover...

Old
05-04-2008, 10:31 AM
CanadaIsHockey

vCash: 500
Habs loss, next day Hangover...

So, how is everyone feeling today.

How many of you...:

1-Had trouble sleeping?
2-Will have to drink to sleep tonight as well?
3-Are still depressed that the Habs are out?
4-Just don't care anymore?
5-Are still chanting "Biiiiroon" in your heads?
6-Are still thinking "Damn you Briere you Traitor"?
7-Can't stand that "Ole" chant anymore? (we need something new)
8-Actally cried last night after we got eliminated? (Be Honnest)
9-Believe that if Gainey, Carbonneau and Muller were in the lineup (our shut down Line), that we would of Owned the Flyers?
10-Honestly believe that we were gonna win the cup this year?
11-Predicted the Habs would actually have the season they did?
12-The Habs would actually make the playoffs?
13-Turned off your TV, or changed the Channel, when the Rangers were up 5-0, only to Open the TV again and see the game tied up? What was your reaction?(Let's hear the stories )
14-Became Fans of the Canadiens solely because of the way they playerd this year? ANd how many of you expect to remain fans for years to come, not jumping off the bandwagon at the 1st sign of distress?
AND Finally..... 1 that i Myself regret...
15-Made a bet with a Flyers fan and lost? Please explain the rules and what you have to do now, and for how long.

For me, I lost a bet with my manager who's a Flyers fan. Now, every Thursday, I have to wear a Flyers jersey to work until the end of the playoffs. Wow is this gonna suck for a die hard Habs fan like myself. I Hate Philly.

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Airborne Troll*

I just jumped off the Flyers bandwagon

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:33 AM
happyhab*

I usually get so pissed after a loss but for some reason I was fine yesterday, just thinking that were going to to have a good team for the next 10 year or so is really exciting

happyhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:40 AM
llamateizer

they gave us a hell of a great season
so nothing to feel down for it.

People must be realistic some time.
if we had the team that will win the stanley cup, then yes we should be disapointed

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
The hardest part for me is realizing that it will be nearly half a year before I can watch Canadiens hockey again...that seems like forever.

I made an important decision last night that helped me sleep okay -- after I graduate from McGill next year I will keep my season tickets, even if I move back to the US. I may not be able to go to many of the games, but I'll make it to some and that makes all the difference in the world. There's no way I could go from seeing every home game from the Bell Centre for four years to watching on TV or the internet.

But still, today is a pretty miserable day and the weather reflects it.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:48 AM
The n00b King *

It hurts that even after such an amazing season, it still leaves a bitter taste.

Next season should be a good one though.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Zeus54
Trollololol

I stayed off the internet late last night. I have anger problems when it comes to sports and I was filled with a ton of rage after the game that I felt like wanting to break somebody's neck. But to relax myself, I watched a little bit of American History X and then watched some of the Hornets vs. Spurs game.

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Right after the game, My friends and I played poker until 3 in the morning and drank copious amount of alcohol and too much pizza. It wasn't a bad night. The habs played their hearts out, you can't complain too much.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
habs1988

Surely hurts me...

But, right now I'm off to my final exams this week so I'm kinda happy of the Habs lost because I will be able to study correctly haha!

But, I would prefer the Habs win.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

strangely enough, i wasnt depressed or that sad about it...

it was kind of like...deliberating...no more suffering at the hands of the Flyers...

life goes on and now i can concentrate on other things.

Im still not happy about it, but im not moody or anything at all. Actually i had a really damn good night sleep.

In my head i know that the Flyers will make the stanley cup finals and im willing to accept that. Good for them.

But the habs have a great team and can look forward to great things soon enough!

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Turbo

1-Had trouble sleeping? slept like a baby

2-Will have to drink to sleep tonight as well? nope!

3-Are still depressed that the Habs are out? not really. the future is bright.

4-Just don't care anymore? I don't care anymo-oo-ore... Enough with the Phil Collins already! Seriously, there's a lot to care about still.

5-Are still chanting "Biiiiroon" in your heads? not really

6-Are still thinking "Damn you Briere you Traitor"? i don't like him much, that's true

7-Can't stand that "Ole" chant anymore? (we need something new) it's fine. it's ours. it annoys others. what more can we ask for?

8-Actally cried last night after we got eliminated? (Be Honnest) i was surprisingly quite at ease about it... the anger occurred after Game 4 so I had already come to terms with this possible outcome

9-Believe that if Gainey, Carbonneau and Muller were in the lineup (our shut down Line), that we would of Owned the Flyers? no, they're too old to play now

10-Honestly believe that we were gonna win the cup this year? I hoped but I though it was mostly an outside chance at best - I took this as a learning year for a young team, though once in the playoffs you are allowed to dream because anything can happen.

11-Predicted the Habs would actually have the season they did? I thought they would "pleasantly surprise" people - to me that meant they would fight for 4th, 5th, 6th. They easily surpassed that.

12-The Habs would actually make the playoffs? I though they would - I saw marked improvement in the team that missed the playoffs by a few points last year and it turned out to be true

13-Turned off your TV, or changed the Channel, when the Rangers were up 5-0, only to Open the TV again and see the game tied up? What was your reaction?(Let's hear the stories ) Haha... no - I WAS THERE!!! Best game of the year! Not the loudest - that was the last game of the season and Games 1 & 7 of round 1.

14-Became Fans of the Canadiens solely because of the way they playerd this year? ANd how many of you expect to remain fans for years to come, not jumping off the bandwagon at the 1st sign of distress? I was already here

15-Made a bet with a Flyers fan and lost? Please explain the rules and what you have to do now, and for how long. no bets. i find them bad luck. though not betting didn't bring any better luck either

...and now I'm going to take a break from hockey for a few months and tune back in around draft & UFA signing period.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:54 AM
CanadienErrant*

It just feel bad to loose when you are playing better than the other team. That fourth game in Philadelphia was a real killer.

I would had been more than satisfied if the Habs would had gone at least in the Conference Finals.

Anway. Good, great season overall. Entertaining team to watch. First time since the mid-90's !!!

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:51 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
The hardest part for me is realizing that it will be nearly half a year before I can watch Canadiens hockey again...that seems like forever.

I made an important decision last night that helped me sleep okay -- after I graduate from McGill next year I will keep my season tickets, even if I move back to the US. I may not be able to go to many of the games, but I'll make it to some and that makes all the difference in the world. There's no way I could go from seeing every home game from the Bell Centre for four years to watching on TV or the internet.

But still, today is a pretty miserable day and the weather reflects it.
Where are these seats? If you can't go to all the games I'm assuming you're selling some of them...

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
AlexCvm

Overall, I'm just down.

But yesterday lost will make my job way easier than when the Habs where in the playoffs (not much off days)...still I would have prefer to work like a dog and see the Habs raise the cup.

I'm not mad though...I know we'll have a good team for years to come. Just not happy with the way the D and Price have played against the Flyers, but still, I don't think we would have beat Pittsburgh the way the Habs were playing.

Like one poster said, not watching hockey for 6 months will be hard.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Africa.

I'm completely fine. I'm very proud of the team. I was really angry after game 4 though, but this was fine.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
MasterD

I was at the game with my bro last night... we left happy and tipsy... when we got home we smoked the peace pipe, I had the best night of sleep I'd had in a while!

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Uber Coca

I had no trouble sleeping. I can't help but be optimistic about this team. They gave us a great season - below everyone's expectations - and since I'm 21 years old, it was the best hockey this team has showed I can remember and one day tell to my kids. Unlike some of our rivals (Sens, Bruins, Leafs, Sabres) ;our future looks bright!

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Rayne*

How many of you...:

1-Had trouble sleeping? Nope.
2-Will have to drink to sleep tonight as well? I might drink some, but not to sleep.
3-Are still depressed that the Habs are out? Sure, but life goes on.
4-Just don't care anymore? I care, but now I can focus on other things.
5-Are still chanting "Biiiiroon" in your heads? Nah.
6-Are still thinking "Damn you Briere you Traitor"? Didn't care from the start, I'm not a Montrealer or Quebecois.
7-Can't stand that "Ole" chant anymore? (we need something new) Don't care about it either way.
8-Actally cried last night after we got eliminated? (Be Honnest) Nope.
9-Believe that if Gainey, Carbonneau and Muller were in the lineup (our shut down Line), that we would of Owned the Flyers? In their prime? Hell yeah.
10-Honestly believe that we were gonna win the cup this year? No.
11-Predicted the Habs would actually have the season they did? Pfff, who did?
12-The Habs would actually make the playoffs? Honestly no.
13-Turned off your TV, or changed the Channel, when the Rangers were up 5-0, only to Open the TV again and see the game tied up? What was your reaction?(Let's hear the stories ) I actually turned off the TV at around 3-0 and turned it back on just in time to see the 5-3 goal.
14-Became Fans of the Canadiens solely because of the way they playerd this year? ANd how many of you expect to remain fans for years to come, not jumping off the bandwagon at the 1st sign of distress? No, I've been a Habs fan for as long as I can remember. My favorite player growing up was Patrick Roy so I never jumped on any Habs bandwagon.
15-Made a bet with a Flyers fan and lost? Please explain the rules and what you have to do now, and for how long. Did the avatar bet here on HF. I think we're stuck with them for 2 weeks.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
My replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
So, how is everyone feeling today.

How many of you...:

1-Had trouble sleeping? Yes
2-Will have to drink to sleep tonight as well? No
3-Are still depressed that the Habs are out? YES
4-Just don't care anymore? No, go Sharks
5-Are still chanting "Biiiiroon" in your heads? No
6-Are still thinking "Damn you Briere you Traitor"? I don't give a **** about Briere, seriously, people have to get over that.
7-Can't stand that "Ole" chant anymore? (we need something new) It's still ok
8-Actally cried last night after we got eliminated? (Be Honnest) I started to cry after Upshall scored and picked it up when Knuble put it away.
9-Believe that if Gainey, Carbonneau and Muller were in the lineup (our shut down Line), that we would of Owned the Flyers? No way.
10-Honestly believe that we were gonna win the cup this year? Yes I did.
11-Predicted the Habs would actually have the season they did? No, but I had them in the playoffs.
12-The Habs would actually make the playoffs? See above
13-Turned off your TV, or changed the Channel, when the Rangers were up 5-0, only to Open the TV again and see the game tied up? What was your reaction?(Let's hear the stories ) NO, I WATCHED THE WHOLE THING!
14-Became Fans of the Canadiens solely because of the way they playerd this year? ANd how many of you expect to remain fans for years to come, not jumping off the bandwagon at the 1st sign of distress? I was born and will die a Habs fan.
15-Made a bet with a Flyers fan and lost? Please explain the rules and what you have to do now, and for how long. LOL

For me, I lost a bet with my manager who's a Flyers fan. Now, every Thursday, I have to wear a Flyers jersey to work until the end of the playoffs. Wow is this gonna suck for a die hard Habs fan like myself. I Hate Philly.

My left head and left ear both hurt last night.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Habs_Apostle

I feel really lethargic. Yeah, did not sleep well at all. Last night after the game I went through a range of emotion: pissed-off, relieved, depressed, hopeful, etc. Today I'm just tired and feeling pretty mellow.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:30 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I left after the empty net goal. Went online to have a discussion from a girl I really liked on how she wanted to remain friends. All of this happened after I made my mom cry by agreeing with the commentators that Price was letting in bad goals.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote