HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daily News: NBC letting ‘Stooges’ get in Mike Emrick’s way

Old
05-04-2008, 10:41 AM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Daily News: NBC letting ‘Stooges’ get in Mike Emrick’s way

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho..._emricks_.html

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Stevedude530

It's a very good point. Notice how, whenever Eddie and Pierre are fellating Sid the Kid, you 99% of the time, will never hear Doc chime in?

It must be very frustrating for him.

To say something nice about your broadcast team in return: Kenny did a good job with the Mets game yesterday, and Sam and Joe were a welcome listen for MTL-Philly on the Fan last night.

Stevedude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
I'm actually tempted to turn my car on and feed the satellite radio signal into the house for today's game. Even I can't stand the constant fellating of Crosby, etc......

ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Man, I do miss the days when Doc and JD called games, that was always in IMO the best duo in all of sports calling a big game.

05-04-2008, 11:00 AM
cassius

Bob Raissman has a legendary stache goin on

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Bob Raissman has a legendary stache goin on
He kinda looks like Rollie Fingers with that stache.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Stevedude530

Ryan Hollweg wants to be Bob Raissman.

Stevedude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:23 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Unfortunately radio doesn't sync with TV anymore, so we don't even have that option

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:30 AM
jagrgodr

I am a huge hockey fan but it hasn't bothered me that much... I am not a file and don't know who any of those guys are besides Pierre because i see him in between the benches and he seems okay. Is it really that bad? With that being said, i havent listened to the 1050 radio (orwhatever it is) in awhile and that coverage was outstanding.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:30 AM
beastly115

It's a shame that it has to be ruined like that. Doc is one of my favorite commentators. He always gets so excited no matter which team scores.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Doc and JD will always be the best duo.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
in the hall

i'm not a fan of doc's but i think he's ok.

i can't stand the versus blowing of crosby. it's hurting his image more than anything else.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Man, I do miss the days when Doc and JD called games, that was always in IMO the best duo in all of sports calling a big game.
I have to agree... I was trying to think of all the various people who've broadcast for HNIC and I don't think any of them were as good as Doc and JD. Davidson is just a very likable guy and though I didn't get to hear him nearly enough before center ice/internet streams I enjoyed his appearances on the HNIC hotstove.

Regarding the article, I don't necessarily mind the Crosby love fest as long as it promotes the game. In this case however, it seems to be over the top and makes the league look like a one man show when it clearly is not. The game will sell itself as long as you have competent people broadcasting it and a quality product on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Unfortunately radio doesn't sync with TV anymore, so we don't even have that option
Yeah, I've given up on that one. Even when you use a PVR to rewind tv and synch it, it still finds a way to get off track after a while. It's just necessary when you want to watch any Sharks games... man those announcers suck.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I always HATED those stupid in-game bench interviews.

Let's say that tool McGwire was on the air yapping about how he wants the young Rangers defense to get slaughtered by the all mighty Crosby, and some idiot jumped on camera and rammed a mic in his face and started asking him stupid meaningless questions, right in the middle of the telecast... i wonder how that waste of space McGwire would react and feel.

If it weren't for the bad television delay, i would listen to the radio feed. If you do that, you hear what happens before you see it...

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:00 PM
DutchShamrock

I'm not a fan of Emmerick's. He's too wordy with his play by play and whenever he says "knife" or "ladle" it's like fingernails on glass. He also works Brodeur into every game he calls even if the Devils aren't playing. Other than that he's fine.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:21 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
I always HATED those stupid in-game bench interviews.

Let's say that tool McGwire was on the air yapping about how he wants the young Rangers defense to get slaughtered by the all mighty Crosby, and some idiot jumped on camera and rammed a mic in his face and started asking him stupid meaningless questions, right in the middle of the telecast... i wonder how that waste of space McGwire would react and feel.
Hah, I can sympathize. I absolutely can't stand McGwire, and those between the bench interviews are unbearable. He usually just kisses ass and/or says something everyone already heard a billion times. I hate all interviews that go on during the game, period. Shut up and let me watch my damn hockey game!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:27 PM
polako

Love Emrick, IMO he's second only to Jim Hughson. I don't particularly like McGuire's skit, but I think he could be useful in some regard...and, he does bring enthusiasm.

"Edzo," the chief culprit of the Crosby love-fest has got to go, and Milbury's just a waste.

And now that you've got me started, let me just say how much I despise Englom and Keith Jones. It's gotten to the point where I actually pine for the days of Bill Clement, who did everything short of wear a Flyers jersey during a telecast

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I miss JD too.

Like someone calm who brings some sense and perspective on the game, and got oversight if god forbid the reffs makes a misstake. Like I get too fired up when watching game, I need someone to calm me down.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Agree about the commentary being too busy. You simply don't need a chorus of voices distracting from the game; a simple pbp man and colour commentator duo will do.

Milbury and Edzo are dunces, but Pierre is actually insightful. His over-the-top enthusiasm turns some people off to the point where they can't appreciate it, though.

As for the Sid love, Mcguire just loves former Canadian WJC stars. Phaneuf, Marc Staal, Mike Richards, etc. get the same treatment.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
And what's with Eddie Olczyk being so pro-Pittburgh? He won the cup with us in '94. He was the Penguins coach until they dropped him like 1st period French. You'd think he'd be rooting for us given this.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
SickNice

McGuire is awful and the previous poster who commented that all juniort stars get the same treatment as Sid could not be more wrong.

I don't mind Olczcyck (sp?) actually and I think he actually very pro-rangers. Surprised by the previous post suggesting otherwise.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Pierre McGuire = Don West

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Pierre is gone! yay

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
McGuire is awful and the previous poster who commented that all juniort stars get the same treatment as Sid could not be more wrong.

I don't mind Olczcyck (sp?) actually and I think he actually very pro-rangers. Surprised by the previous post suggesting otherwise.
Prove me wrong. There's a reason why Gord Miller calls Phaneuf Mcguire's boyfriend and the origination of the term "Doube Dion", why Staal's nickname came to be "The Human Eraser", and why Richards is called the new Bobby Clarke.

All Pierre-isms, and he comments nearly as often about those players as he does Crosby.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:06 PM
blue2noise

How Milbury is allowed to do anything after single-handedly destroying a franchise is beyod me.

Why do I care what he thinks?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote