HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hatcher

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Canadien16

vCash: 500
Hatcher

Anybody have any idea when he'll be back, or any other news on him?
Thanks

Old
02-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadien16
Anybody have any idea when he'll be back, or any other news on him?
Thanks
I think he was travelling with the team and is right on target for his projected March return.

Old
02-11-2004, 10:46 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
There is rumor that he said if he worked hard for 2 or 3 days he could come back now...but they want to keep him on ice (pardon the pun) til March 1st. Frankly, I like the idea of patiently waiting til March...I'd rather have him 100% healthy and ready to rock for the playoffs than to come back too soon and risk the chance of screwing it up again for no reason.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
There is rumor that he said if he worked hard for 2 or 3 days he could come back now...but they want to keep him on ice (pardon the pun) til March 1st. Frankly, I like the idea of patiently waiting til March...I'd rather have him 100% healthy and ready to rock for the playoffs than to come back too soon and risk the chance of screwing it up again for no reason.
My sentiment exactly. We need him 100%....

Old
02-12-2004, 01:21 PM
shelovesshanny

Can you imagine if they were to pair Fischer with Hatcher in the playoffs how absolutely terrified forwards would be to come anywhere near the crease? Right now Im trying to picture Edmontons forwards or even Vancouver. Bertuzzi is dumb enough to try but the sedin twins . Playoffs are gonna be super entertaining for us this year!

Old
02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
shelovesshanny

and how does his return effect the pairings? whos playing with who?

Old
02-12-2004, 02:02 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelovesshanny
depends if the injury bug is tired of eating goalies and moves on to our defense...

Old
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Can you imagine if they were to pair Fischer with Hatcher in the playoffs how absolutely terrified forwards would be to come anywhere near the crease? Right now Im trying to picture Edmontons forwards or even Vancouver. Bertuzzi is dumb enough to try but the sedin twins . Playoffs are gonna be super entertaining for us this year!

As an Avs fan; I'd like those pairings. They're big,strong and SLOW. :p

Old
02-12-2004, 02:36 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Quote:
I would imagine that Jamie Rivers will be most likely the one to sit down...I mean, the pairings are pretty well set by now...at least with Nicklas and Mathieu, Cheli and Fisch, and Jason could work with Hatch. This will probably mean that Mathieu Dandenault will stay up front and anchor the fourth line, which I like personally...I think he's a much better performer up front...much more effective. And I think he likes being back on the front line as well, if recent performances are anything to go by.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
I would imagine that Jamie Rivers will be most likely the one to sit down...I mean, the pairings are pretty well set by now...at least with Nicklas and Mathieu, Cheli and Fisch, and Jason could work with Hatch. This will probably mean that Mathieu Dandenault will stay up front and anchor the fourth line, which I like personally...I think he's a much better performer up front...much more effective. And I think he likes being back on the front line as well, if recent performances are anything to go by.
I see Hatcher being paired with Lidstrom, just like before the injury and Woolley and Schneider being used together. It's best this way because both Hatcher and Woolley aren't exactly speed demonds out there, so it's best to keep them apart.

Old
02-12-2004, 05:01 PM
doublejack

I think Schneider is playing far too good to break up the pairing with Lidstrom. In my opinion, and in other people's as well, Mathieu has been the best Wings D-man this year. Plus one has to question how much endurance and rust Hatcher will have when he comes back. I think putting him in the 3rd pairing with Woolley is the most realistic at least to start. Put him there and see how he plays. Lidstrom isn't exactly a speedster so I don't think that will be a factor.

Old
02-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
I think Schneider is playing far too good to break up the pairing with Lidstrom. In my opinion, and in other people's as well, Mathieu has been the best Wings D-man this year. Plus one has to question how much endurance and rust Hatcher will have when he comes back. I think putting him in the 3rd pairing with Woolley is the most realistic at least to start. Put him there and see how he plays. Lidstrom isn't exactly a speedster so I don't think that will be a factor.
I agree Schneider has been the best D-man, so why put all your eggs in one basket? Hatcher will be rusty so why not pair him with Lidstrom who is usually solid positionally and can compensate for whatever blunders Hatcher makes that are attributable to inactivity. They've played togther aswell and farmiliarity could help ease Hatcher back into his groove.

Old
02-12-2004, 06:43 PM
doublejack

Hatcher is basically still a new player to the Wings. The handful of games he played in before he hurt the knee (remember, it was only the 3rd game of the regular season when he went down) didn't amount to enough for there to be any familiarity. He's going to be at square one with whoever he's paired with. With Nick always going up against the other team's top line and drawing big ice time I just don't see Hatcher fitting with him, at least not when he first resumes playing. I'd rather see him eased into pressure situations when he's physically up to it and has the rust off.

And a reason to keep Lidstrom & Schneider together is because then you have a shut-down defensive pair with no weakness... with potentially months of playing together before the playoffs start. Want to stop Forseberg? That duo can, and turn the tables with some offensive ability of their own.

Old
02-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Paul

Send a message via ICQ to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul
scheneider-Lidstrom
Hatcher - Fischer
Chelios-Wooley

Since some people of having fischer and hatcher playing together in the playoffs this would make sense to familiarize with his play. Just another option to check out

Old
02-12-2004, 10:20 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
scheneider-Lidstrom
Hatcher - Fischer
Chelios-Wooley

Since some people of having fischer and hatcher playing together in the playoffs this would make sense to familiarize with his play. Just another option to check out
naw, a rusty Hatcher + a mistake prone Fischer = no good....

I, for one, would'nt like Hatcher swinging his weight around if Fisch is the lone man back...

Old
02-12-2004, 11:28 PM
eXwing

My thoughts on the playoffs D-corps:

Lidstrom - Hatcher
Woolley - Schneider
Fischer - Chelios

I know it was only 3 games but Lidstrom did look ready and willing to get involved offensively with Hatcher next to him. I think when Hatcher returns he will be slowly eased back into the lineup, lets say:

Lidstrom - Schneider
Fischer - Chelios
Woolley - Hatcher

Closed Thread