HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Year's Team?

Old
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Captain Monglobster

vCash: 500
Next year's team

hopefully will have someone else in Tyutin's spot.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:59 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
yeah I'm not a fan. I think he's regressed.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:01 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
sort of agree, he's not really a maj. issue, but is replacable. HOpefully we package him for someone good.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:01 PM
SML

[QUOTE=Manhattan Blue;13993569]If Straka is signed he will likely play on the first line. Straka on the first line is as bad of a move any team could make.

I'm going to have a hard time watching this team if any one of Shanahan, Straka, and Hollweg are taking shifts next October. I can deal with Rozsival and even Backman

Cmon man... Hollweg is a league minimum player. You can send him to Hartford and nobody's taking him. Rozsival is going to be getting 4-5M$ or more as an UFA this season. You really want him back at that price? Time to cut the cord. You may as well just play Backman at half that. I don't even like Backman, I think he's like an offensive version of Malik. If you could combine their games, you'd have one good dman. Shanny's out of gas, and he's not going to play for an amount you can handle for what you're getting. Straka did nothing to lose his spot.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:09 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I don't think we can fix the team overnight. Rushing Chere is a horrible idea. Not only will he not fill our needs now, but ****ing with someones development for a quick band aid fix is deplorable. We need some, but not necessarily all, of the following:

PP QB
True #1 defenseman
Power Forward
Sniper

I say bring Jagr back, but it's all on him and I won't comment until I hear what he feels. In 5 years, we will have a #1 defenseman, but not right now. We need a solid, top pairing, veteran defenseman to show these younger players the ropes. Guys like Girardi, Staal, and even Toots aren't getting any better by looking up to guys like Malik, Rozy, Mara, and Struds. Every team needs their power forward. Maybe last year we were able to skate by with Shanny as ours, but it's no longer like that. Time to get a big body that will go into the corners, sit in front of the net, and drive goalies crazy. Not only that, someone who can CLEAR people away from the front of Henrik. Deflections and these ridiculous screens kill us.

What we don't need anymore of: 4-3 liners or possible 2nd liner potential players. We have a **** load of them, and they are easy to pick up with a cheap price tag. Maybe it's because we just played Pitt, but it's time this team became star struck. We need a 100pt getter. Some say that last summer was our star year, but I feel it is more of a necessary role player deal than star studded deal (Gomer & Drury). With Jagr's production down, and no one in the pipe line really ready, it's time we start shopping. Maybe not next year, but the year after definitely.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:13 PM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
As long as Gary Bettman is commissioner and Colin Campbell head of Referees we will never advance further than this. Never. So save the we have a bright future ahead of us. The league favors small market teams like the Penguins at any cost while bringing down the rest of the league with them. And they get all the disgusting calls. This league is a disgrace. I am so turned off from Hockey right now.
Wow. Now why would the league favor small-market teams? To make money? Because that makes no sense.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:15 PM
In The Flesh

Theres two ways this team can go, and really depend on Jagr coming back.

If he comes back, make a blockbuster trade, yes, we are going to have to give up a ton, but if we can somehow get Kovy here, do it. Everyone is fair game except Lundqvist. I wanna say Stall and Dubinsky too, but if one has to go, so be it. Not both. With Kovy and Jagr, you make a last serious attempt at a cup run with Jagr on board.

If he doesn't come back, sign a couple UFAs, bring some of the youth up, gain some more chemistry within the team, shoot for the PO's, maybe get lucky.

Or, I guess you could do plan B with Jagr coming back, but I don't know if thats much of a change. We shall see.

Old
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Hockey2000nyr

i want to see jagr, mara, and valiquette back....let go of roszival, malik, avery, straka, hollweg
id like to see the rangers go after two defenseman, guys like orpik or liles.
bring in a fast, skilled winger to play with gomez and also someone just like that to play with dubi and jagr.
id like to see a few young guys like korpedo, sangs, moore, and jessiman take roles onto this team within the season

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:18 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Theres two ways this team can go, and really depend on Jagr coming back.

If he comes back, make a blockbuster trade, yes, we are going to have to give up a ton, but if we can somehow get Kovy here, do it. Everyone is fair game except Lundqvist. I wanna say Stall and Dubinsky too, but if one has to go, so be it. Not both. With Kovy and Jagr, you make a last serious attempt at a cup run with Jagr on board.

If he doesn't come back, sign a couple UFAs, bring some of the youth up, gain some more chemistry within the team, shoot for the PO's, maybe get lucky.

Or, I guess you could do plan B with Jagr coming back, but I don't know if thats much of a change. We shall see.
Kovy? You want Kovy back, AGAIN? Outside of his rookie year, Kovy sucked BAD as a Ranger, TWICE. I do NOT want him here. If you're talking about Kovalchuk, good luck. He's said he wants to stay in ATL, and he's got a big price tag.

Old
05-04-2008, 05:20 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Kovy? You want Kovy back, AGAIN? Outside of his rookie year, Kovy sucked BAD as a Ranger, TWICE. I do NOT want him here. If you're talking about Kovalchuk, good luck. He's said he wants to stay in ATL, and he's got a big price tag.
woops, maybe my abbreviation was off, not Kovalev, ATL's Kovy, I can't spell his name.

and yes, big price tag, but hey, I can dream

Old
05-04-2008, 05:21 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
i want to see jagr, mara, and valiquette back....let go of roszival, malik, avery, straka, hollweg
id like to see the rangers go after two defenseman, guys like orpik or liles.
bring in a fast, skilled winger to play with gomez and also someone just like that to play with dubi and jagr.
id like to see a few young guys like korpedo, sangs, moore, and jessiman take roles onto this team within the season

You want Avery to walk? Yikes. And you want Malik gone, but you want Liles in? Makes no sense... Jessimen is far from making this team, and I don't see how Korpedo and Moore helps our top line scoring that much.

Old
05-04-2008, 05:22 PM
NYReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
I would do whatever it takes to get Jagr back at this point. Hope for Shanny and Straka to retire, but if not I wouldn't want to resign them unless other plans fell through. Rozsival can walk but Mara stays.

My Ideal Plan
Re-sign Jagr, Mara, Avery, Hutchinson
Sign Rolston to replace Shanny, Prospal to replace Straka (I'd take Straka back if we can't get both of these done but not Shanny), Orpik for defense (not that he specifically replaces Rozsival but I think he fills a more pressing need of a physical defenseman)
If someone is available, I think a veteran D-man on a one year deal would be a good investment but the market seems pretty thin...
I'd love if we could trade Tyutin and a package (let's say Dawes and a pick? [lol if they want Hollweg thrown in that's cool, otherwise I'm releasing him]) for Pitkanen as Inferno suggested on another thread, I think that would be a two-way upgrade.

Opening Night Lines
Prospal-Dubie-Jagr
Avery-Gomez-Rolston
Prucha-Drury-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Korpikoski

Staal-Orpik
Pitkanen-Girardi
Mara-Hutchinson

Lundqvist
Vally

I'd hold onto Strudwick, Orr and Backman (since he is too expensive and tough to trade) as reserves and hope Cherepanov, Anisimov and Sanguinetti can step in the following year (don't think they're ready now and I don't think we'd need them yet). I won't be angry if we play Jessiman on opening night if Korp. can still be optioned to Hartford so we never have to hear the 29/30 stat again lol.

Little to no chance of all of this happening, but this is what I would shoot for...
from the Rolston/Ryder thread

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:11 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Next years team???

don't know but it will be a very busy summer for the Rangers. And my guess?

Very different.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

theres goin be a lot of changes...but i dont know if were goin be significntly better next year....lets go glen....

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

There are reports that Erik Cole will be traded
Carolina seems like they could use a defenseman
We got a couple of cones we could dangle
Is he worth it?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
quinten

Should be in lineup 2008

Lauri Korpikoski Artem Anisimov Bobby Sanguinetti

quinten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
You are wrong. Straka is probably the most viable veteran option to return next year. Shanny has nothing left, Jagr is financially out of reach. I'm not even getting into the dmen. Straka is versatile, hustles his ass off, plays in all situations, and is a good role model. How you can say this guy sucks is beyond me.
Him playing on the first line getting all the ice time was possibly the worst thing for us. He is a 3-4th line role player with speed, thats about it, and im being grateful. He's an overrated,overpaid piece of **** who is only here to keep jagr trying. He coughs up the puck at the drop of a hat. He cannot play the point on the PP (because his shot is weak). And how many chances did he just miss/waste/screw up in the last two games.... great role model for who? This guy has got to go. And if jagr leaves i hope all the rest of the czech crap goes too.

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Cole would be nice, but what would his asking price be?

What I want the Opening night starting lineup to be:

Avery-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Rolston
Prucha-Drury-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Byers

Staal-Commodore
Tyutin-Girardi
Mara-Hainsey

Lundqvist
Valiquette

Now, what I think the lineup will actually be:

Avery-Gomez-Hossa
Dawes-Drury-Callahan
Prucha-Dubinsky-Sjostrom
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Staal-Campbell
Tyutin-Girardi
Backman-Orpik

Lundqvist
Valiquette

What would you rather have?

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
mstraka82

Adios to half of the defense and peace out to Hollywood

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
There are reports that Erik Cole will be traded
Carolina seems like they could use a defenseman
We got a couple of cones we could dangle
Is he worth it?
Does Tyutin/Prucha get us Cole? If so, I'd make that deal. Cole would be a nice fit next to Gomez. Hell, put dawes in instead of Prucha and I'd still make the the deal.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
McRanger23

Wpuld Tyutin+Dawes and maybe a pick get us Erik Cole. We've made deals with the Canes in the past and I think Cole would be good with Gomez.

Thanks,

CDrury23

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
McRanger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrury23 View Post
Wpuld Tyutin+Dawes and maybe a pick get us Erik Cole. We've made deals with the Canes in the past and I think Cole would be good with Gomez.

Thanks,

CDrury23
Wow, I did not even see the post above, now I feel pretty dumb

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

One of these two:

Avery - Dubinsky - Jagr
Ryder - Gomez - Dawes
Drury - Anisimov - Korpikoski
Callahan - Betts - Sjostrom

Campbell - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist

backup goaltender: Valiquette
extra skaters: Orr, Backman, Hutchinson

or...

Avery - Dubinsky - Jagr
Dawes - Gomez - Hossa
Drury - Anisimov - Korpikoski
Callahan - Betts - Sjostrom

Orpik - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Potter - Mara

backup goaltender: Valiquette
extra skaters: Orr, Backman, Hutchinson

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The only way Hossa becomes a Ranger is if Jagr leaves town

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Does Tyutin/Prucha get us Cole? If so, I'd make that deal. Cole would be a nice fit next to Gomez. Hell, put dawes in instead of Prucha and I'd still make the the deal.
I think that's a pretty fair deal even if Dawes is in it in place of Prucha.

Cole could be a nice complimentary winger who is worth a little more than his stats because of his grit. We certainly need someone to barrel straight towards the net, and cause a distraction. Helps a lot that he can play too.

I've been hoping for a guy like Cole or Morrow for a while.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote