HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/EDM trade proposal

Old
05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
NYReign

vCash: 500
NYR/EDM trade proposal

Tyutin and Prucha

for

Pitkanen

If that doesn't get a deal done, what else might Edmonton want? Rangers need to improve their defense...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
MG91

IMO that is a good deal for EDM, maybe a little of an overpayment from NYR.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
ZDH

Tyutin was brutal in the Pitt series...

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
Tyutin was brutal in the Pitt series...
Seconded. I was a big fan of him during the regular season but he really couldn't capitalize on anything or play well defensively. He was definitly pressured. I really like his outlet passes. Having said that, im not entirely sure that this deal is enough to get pitkanen. Joni's value is low right now and unless the oilers can find a better use for his cap space then he won't be traded.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
NYReign

If not Pitkanen, what kind of defenseman (from any team) might the Rangers get for that proposal? I'm open to any ideas.

Old
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
comes down to perspective

prucha would be the guy oiler fans would find interesting

However, the fact he missed twenty games during the regular season and onluy dressed for 2 playoff games--might cause some concern from oiler fan

however I think ranger fans would consider Tytun to be better then Pitkanen and more durable

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:23 PM
davegagnerskid

If Prucha can get top 6 minutes. A lot of you kid's that are already in the organization want a shot and Pruchs will need those minutes to be effective. In January the deal might of flown, but not with the emergence of Cogs, Gagner and Nilsson.

davegagnerskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
hlundqvist30*

No thanks. Our defense is soft enough as is. Tyutin is our best hitting defenseman. These playoffs Tyutin completely forgot how to play defense. I have no idea why, but it happened. I do think this is a good proposal though. Very well thought out. I might just be ignorant and it might be a good trade for the Rangers.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
No thanks. Our defense is soft enough as is. Tyutin is our best hitting defenseman. These playoffs Tyutin completely forgot how to play defense. I have no idea why, but it happened. I do think this is a good proposal though. Very well thought out. I might just be ignorant and it might be a good trade for the Rangers.
Actually Girardi is our best hitting defenseman.

I'd probably do that deal if we couldn't sign an offensive defenseman on the free market.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Cerebral

The value in this deal is probably fair but it doesn't really make any sense for Edmonton. Prucha is a decent player but he's just like Torres and Stoll, a second/third line tweener. Tyutin is a pretty good young defenceman but he's not a big enough upgrade on what Edmonton already has to justify the deal.

I still the proposal that makes the most sense for the Rangers and Oilers is Prucha straight up for Torres.

05-05-2008, 01:18 AM
LimpDave

i don't think this works for Edmonton

Torres for Prucha maybe

but if your looking to steal our best defenseman you'r going to have to do more than tyutin

possibly

Torres, Pitkanen, Roy

for

Prucha, Tyutin, and NYR 1st in 08 or 09

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:47 AM
NYReign

How good is Pitkanen really because I didn't see much of him in Edmonton, I only remember him from Philly but I'm starting to hear that he's fallen off a little and has knee problems...I agree with trxjw that Girardi is our best hitter on the backline. How solid is Pitkanen in his own zone? From a Ranger perspective, I don't think I would look to expand the trade much past what I first posted since everyone I would really want from the Oilers is pretty unattainable at the moment. If there are any fans of other teams reading this, are there any two way defensemen out there the Rangers could get for a proposal like this one?

Old
05-05-2008, 01:55 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpDave View Post
i don't think this works for Edmonton

Torres for Prucha maybe

but if your looking to steal our best defenseman you'r going to have to do more than tyutin

possibly

Torres, Pitkanen, Roy

for

Prucha, Tyutin, and NYR 1st in 08 or 09
Dream on. Why do the Rangers want that package? That is the question.

Without the first I think it's a trade the teams make if they are looking for a change. However I don't see the Rangers wanting or needing to deal Tyutin for another defenseman after one sub par playoff series.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 02:08 AM
LimpDave

and the oilers don't really want tyutin all that bad either

it's alright, the oilers are quite happy with pitkanen, and his knee problems are only going to help with contract negotiations on the oilers end of things

Pitkanen is an elite talent, everyone in the nhl knows it, people question his head more than anything else. He's probably more valuable to Edmonton than any other team right now, especially with the injury concerns, but he's a rare breed

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:48 AM
voxel

There's no room on the Oilers, who have to shed 2 forwards and a D-man like Roy.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Salim786

No deal for Edmonton

No way Lowe does this. Our defense is fine enough, and unless Pitkanen holds out, we're not shipping him away. Torres for Prucha would be a nice pickup for us.

Cogliano-Nilsson-Gagner will be our future #1 line no doubt. But what comes after them?

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Tyutin and Prucha

for

Pitkanen

If that doesn't get a deal done, what else might Edmonton want? Rangers need to improve their defense...
If pitkanen is willing to sign for a few years around 4MM, then i'm all for it.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Hemsky4PM

Pitkanen seems like he'll be moved, but I think it would be more prudent for the Oilers to deal him in a package to get a top line forward. They can afford to move Stoll, Torres, Schremp, Pouliot and others to land a 90 point player.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:32 PM
davegagnerskid

A young hard hitting d-man is just what the Oilers need, or at least until Peckham is seasoned enough to make the big club. I just don't like trading our most skilled d-man to get anything less than Jay Bouwmeester back(which won't happen either).

Pitkanen may not seem of much value to other teams, but the Oil gave up too much to get this kid to just trade away for anything less than a A+ package coming back our way.

Old
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
davegagnerskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Pitkanen seems like he'll be moved, but I think it would be more prudent for the Oilers to deal him in a package to get a top line forward. They can afford to move Stoll, Torres, Schremp, Pouliot and others to land a 90 point player.
Just because Lowe was on the ball with Nilsson, Gilbert and Grebs doesn't mean we won't be able to come to terms with Pitkanen. Pitkanen was a little busy after the season ended and tries to play in the WC too. Lot's of time between now and the entry draft where I think the real offers for Pitkanen will begin to surface. And even then Lowe has all summer.

I'm not sure which way the hammer will fall. As of right now I could see it going either way and would not be surprised if he was or wan't in TC with us next September.

Old
05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
davegagnerskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
No way Lowe does this. Our defense is fine enough, and unless Pitkanen holds out, we're not shipping him away. Torres for Prucha would be a nice pickup for us.

Cogliano-Nilsson-Gagner will be our future #1 line no doubt. But what comes after them?
Well Hemsky and Penner are both young and under contract, with the former being a all star caliber 1st line player.

Old
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
How good is Pitkanen really because I didn't see much of him in Edmonton, I only remember him from Philly but I'm starting to hear that he's fallen off a little and has knee problems...I agree with trxjw that Girardi is our best hitter on the backline. How solid is Pitkanen in his own zone? From a Ranger perspective, I don't think I would look to expand the trade much past what I first posted since everyone I would really want from the Oilers is pretty unattainable at the moment. If there are any fans of other teams reading this, are there any two way defensemen out there the Rangers could get for a proposal like this one?
He is pretty good in his own zone. He will never be the best guy defensively, but he can be put in any situation without having to worry about him defensively. However, for whatever reason, he is not good on the PP. He has the passing and the vision that are so crucial to the PP, but it just doesn't work for him. His strength is 5v5 and 4v4 with some PK thrown in for good measure.

The big part about Pitkanen's game is his skating and passing. He is so quick and effortless when skating. Many breakaways and odd-man rushes were broken up this year by Pitkanen gunning it right up to the attackers. I remember one occasion in particular when he broke up a 2 on 0 by knocking the puck right off the attacker's stick before he could shoot it in the empty net. His skating also allows him to jump up into the play and become a 4th attacker, which is a very big part of his game. But he rarely gets caught out of position due to his skating as well. His puckmoving skills are well above average, but I would say that his true asset is his mobility. He is not physical though in the way that Lidstrom is: not really soft, that's just not how he plays the game. And his injury problems are well-documented, as is his unique personality.

I don't think I would do that deal as an Oilers fan though unless there were contract problems with Pitkanen. While it is even in value, the Oilers have too many forwards as it is without adding Prucha. If Cogliano, Nilsson, and Gagner hadn't secured their spots in the top-6 already, I would be all over it. Plus, I'm not quite ready to turn over all of the puck moving responsibilities to Gilbert and Grebeshkov to be honest. You can never have too many puck movers.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:54 PM
NYReign

Thanks for that description. It sounds like Pitkanen is similar to a lot of defensemen the Rangers already have though a lot faster. I probably didn't think this out so well. If it were to happen though I wouldn't count on Prucha as a top 6 guy, his stock is falling a bit that's why I had to package him with Tyuts...

Old
05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
He is pretty good in his own zone. He will never be the best guy defensively, but he can be put in any situation without having to worry about him defensively. However, for whatever reason, he is not good on the PP. He has the passing and the vision that are so crucial to the PP, but it just doesn't work for him. His strength is 5v5 and 4v4 with some PK thrown in for good measure.

The big part about Pitkanen's game is his skating and passing. He is so quick and effortless when skating. Many breakaways and odd-man rushes were broken up this year by Pitkanen gunning it right up to the attackers. I remember one occasion in particular when he broke up a 2 on 0 by knocking the puck right off the attacker's stick before he could shoot it in the empty net. His skating also allows him to jump up into the play and become a 4th attacker, which is a very big part of his game. But he rarely gets caught out of position due to his skating as well. His puckmoving skills are well above average, but I would say that his true asset is his mobility. He is not physical though in the way that Lidstrom is: not really soft, that's just not how he plays the game. And his injury problems are well-documented, as is his unique personality.

I don't think I would do that deal as an Oilers fan though unless there were contract problems with Pitkanen. While it is even in value, the Oilers have too many forwards as it is without adding Prucha. If Cogliano, Nilsson, and Gagner hadn't secured their spots in the top-6 already, I would be all over it. Plus, I'm not quite ready to turn over all of the puck moving responsibilities to Gilbert and Grebeshkov to be honest. You can never have too many puck movers.

he sounds liek the exact player the rangers need....with staal being a great defensive player already, they need aplayer who can skate very well and join the play because if he does get caught, staal has the ability to negate it, even thought he rarely gets caught.....tyutin is a hard hitting defenceman who never looks overcome by anything, always keeps an even demeanor and has an above average outlset pass....he is still young so he has nights where he is the best defenceman on the ice and then nights when he is off...but even when he is off hes at least a #4.....if pitkanen is available, i could see lowe and sather making a deal as both are needs for both teams

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 12:57 AM
xander

Can we please not freak out and deal Tyutin just because he had a bad playoffs? It happens to many players. Moving players based on poor play over a small sample size is a trademark of bad management. I'm quite happy with what I've seen of Tyutin over the last few years, which is a time period far more indicative of his quality.

And before someone claims that Tyutin doesn't bring it in the playoffs, take a look at how well he played in 07'.

Last edited by xander: 05-07-2008 at 01:26 PM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote