HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread I

Old
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Who to drop? Shanny, Malik, Rozsival, Strudwick
Who to trade? Hollweg...Prucha if the price is right
Who to keep? Jagr, Avery, Straka, Mara
Who to attempt to acquire? Campbell, a winger

What youngers will make it out of camp?Korpikoski, maybe Sanguinetti
Who's the backup goalie next year?Valiquette
Any coaching adjustments?I actually don't mind the staff the way it's currently constructed

I know Brian Campbell is a question mark defensively, but I would love to see that shot of his on our power play. I definitely think the PP improves if he's at the point...but I think this also depends on how the bidding for him goes. If it gets too crazy, it's not worth it to pay that much just for the power play (not that he doesn't contribute elsewhere, but that would be the big selling point to me).

I haven't figured out who A Winger is yet. It should be a cheap and relatively young sniper. Obviously these guys aren't readily available, so a trade would need to be made where we give up some young talent, but depending on the player, it might be worth it. Cherepanov could fit this description nicely in the future though, especially playing on Gomez's line.

Sanguinetti would probably be better suited starting in Hartford, but depending on if we can get Campbell or anyone in a trade, I'd at least give him a shot to make the team in the preseason.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
FrolundasFinest

Frolundas Finest Plan...:sarcasm:

Who to drop? Shanny, Rosy, Malik, Straka, Kasper, Struds
Who to keep? Jagr, Avery, Valiquette
Who to attempt to acquire? Liles, maybe Commodore. Ryder if Jagr leaves.

What youngsters will make it out of camp? Korpi
Who's the backup goalie next year? Valiquette
Any coaching adjustments? Only way someone is done is if Pearn is the HC in Florida. If he goes down South. Look for Shanny behind the bench.

Lines with Jagr Back
Jagr-Gomez-Avery (6.0-7.357-2.5)
Dawes-Drury-Callahan (.700-7.05-.575)
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Prucha/Korpikoski (.775-.633-1.6/1.02)
Hollweg-Betts-Orr (.512-.615-.537)

Liles-Staal (5.0-.826)
Tyutin-Girardi (2.843-1.55)
Backman-Mara/Commodore/Hutchinson (2.3-3.0/1.2)

Lundqvist (6.875)
Valiquette (.675)

New Guys: Liles (5.0 Million is a big raise for him). Possibly: Commodore (3.0, could be that physical guy we are looking for, should get a bump from his current 1.25)

Old Guys, New Contracts: Avery (2.5 Million, he is now officially injury prone), Mara (3.0, he has earned his keep) or Hutchinson (1.2 nearly doubles him up), Valiquette gets to stay on as well.

Cap Hit w/Prucha and Mara = 51.923
Cap Hit w/Korpi and Hutch = 49.543

Lines without Jagr Back
Ryder-Gomez-Avery (6.0-7.357-2.5)
Dawes-Drury-Callahan (.700-7.05-.575)
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Prucha/Korpikoski (.775-.633-1.6/1.02)
Hollweg-Betts-Orr (.512-.615-.537)

Liles-Staal (5.0-.826)
Tyutin-Girardi (2.843-1.55)
Backman-Mara/Commodore/Hutchinson (2.3-3.0/1.2)

Lundqvist (6.875)
Valiquette (.675)

New Guys: Liles (5.0 Million is a big raise for him), Ryder (6.0, sufficient raise, we can take a flyer on him for a year or three).
Possible New Guy: Commodore (see above)

Old Guys, New Contracts: Avery (2.5 Million, he is now officially injury prone), Mara (3.0, he has earned his keep) or Hutchinson (1.2 nearly doubles him up), Valiquette stays on.

Cap Hit w/Prucha and Mara/Commodore = 51.923
Cap Hit w/Korpi and Hutch = 49.543

I got all the numbers for the guys from http://nhlscap.com. I looked through every team for UFA's and this is the best I think I could do.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Fletch

Who to drop: Shanny, Malik, Rozsival (assuming he costs more than $4MM), Strudwick, Straka, Mara
Who to trade: Prucha, assuming someone takes him, Backman, but nobody will take him
Who to keep: Jagr, Avery, Rozsival if he doesn't cost too much, Mara if Backman is somehow moved
Who to attempt to acquire: a puck-moving defenseman who can play the point, a top six winger if he fits within the cap

Youngsters making the team: Korpikoski to start. Byers also has a shot at the opening day roster. I'd like to see Potter make a push, but am not sure if his frame is built for the NHL.
Next year's backup: who knows.
Coaching adjustments: someone needs to figure out how to run a PP

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote