HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
tujague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Wow. I can't believe I won again. I have NO players on top Points, Goals or Defense Points, I do however have the 2nd best Save %. I have 8 goals for and 5 goals against and I'm 4 wins 1 tie and a loss. I have NO idea how I became... NOT a bottom feeder. My goal still stands at trying to avoid relegation.
You have 13 goals scored total between 2 teams in 6 games? Holy crap.

Old
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
poppap527

nice job devs. I ended up playing on high against gophers and it didn't help as i lost 6-3. im gonna try and rebound against blakk sabbath after i lose my NC game tomorrow.
The positive out of the last game is Przewoska with two goals, pushing him into a tie for seventh.
He lead League V.8 with 39 goals in 30 games so its good to see he is scoring at a good pace.

Old
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Spillblood Maloney

a nice 3-1 win for me tonight. that takes me to 5 wins and 1 loss (damn you ugly cows). good enough for 4th place.

on a side note..i notice from the ha boards that kick ice has really messed up the u23 tourney. that guy causes trouble everywhere he goes.

Old
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Shane

I sent out friendly invites to a bunch of you guys.

How do I find a team ID other than my own for HA Tools purposes?

Old
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 400
Shane, If you go to their team page, their ID number should be the last part of the URL in you internet browser.

Spillblood, it feels good to give someone their only loss of the season so far

So in the league comparison, I have 8th best AI of top 17, and 10th best top 22.

League IV.4 comparison:
http://orico.wz.cz/ha-tools/en?c=tea...&set=595501269

Old
05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
kTrick

Anyone need a friendly for Saturday? I'm open for it.

Newmarket Ducks, Canada League V.7

Old
05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I sent out friendly invites to a bunch of you guys.

How do I find a team ID other than my own for HA Tools purposes?
For example. I went to the team of a team in my league.

http://www.hockeyarena.net//index.ph....php&id=236917

That is the URL the team ID is at the end of the URL. (236917)

Old
05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
For example. I went to the team of a team in my league.

http://www.hockeyarena.net//index.ph....php&id=236917

That is the URL the team ID is at the end of the URL. (236917)
Ah, gotcha. Thanks Yogi and njdevscup.

Old
05-06-2008, 10:41 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 400
So my roomate just informs me he pulled these two studs this weekend!!

http://www.hockeyarena.net/index.php...hp&id=13188053

http://www.hockeyarena.net/index.php...hp&id=13188052

What do you think he could get for these two if he sold? (He should since his T/R is at 35 and he's in league V.)

If only their potential were higher he'd be living large for a very very long time.

Old
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
kTrick

My best pull so far has had 72 POT. Life sucks for some of us.

Old
05-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Spillblood Maloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
Shane, If you go to their team page, their ID number should be the last part of the URL in you internet browser.

Spillblood, it feels good to give someone their only loss of the season so far

So in the league comparison, I have 8th best AI of top 17, and 10th best top 22.

League IV.4 comparison:
http://orico.wz.cz/ha-tools/en?c=tea...&set=595501269
not too bad. im 8th in top 22 ai and 9th in top 17 ai. not bad considering age wise, im the youngest team in the league.

Old
05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

10-0 win against the doormat on low. Outshot him 51-13 and my first line combined for 14 points. Almost too easy, but finally I have my offense catching up to those ahead of me (who all played the doormat already).

What's even better, the first team got just 5-4 OT win over a crappy out-of-playoff team that I shutout on low last week, and the second place Homer Donuts *tied* a relegation-bound team with inactive GM. I'm now tied with Donuts for second place, but he has better score differential (guess he played more ****** teams); and just 2 points behind first team.

Old
05-07-2008, 03:42 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Hm. I played a team higher AI than me on low and outshot him. His goalie saved all but one though. 3-1 loss. Next game will also be lost (30+ ai down on him i think). Then I'll start winning again hahah.

Also.. my 69q 109ai defenseman was the Star of the Week last week. His 24passing got him an assist per game.

Old
05-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Forsbergwannabe

Picked up a 18 year old 35 ai for 10k from a team with 20 ys, he was showing 76? 70? but turns out his ql is 91! now if his potential is 71 or so he could be quite a steal despite his low ai .
The 19 year old 92 ai player I just pulled trained 46 then 50 percent and gained 102 percent xp, but not too bad considering I only have 82/82 (83/83in 1 day) atm heh.
Quite nice to finally have 5 real prospects that I can focus on developeing properly, while shifting out the older players gradually.
Goal is to survive in div 3 and get those 5 players max xp/training so they can be the cornerstone of my team, while I bring in other young players.
Cant dump all my vets yet since I need just enough to survive in div 3 but the young players upside far exceed the ufas I can realisticly attract, so this is a needed step in the grand scheme of things .

Old
05-07-2008, 05:32 AM
LFM

8-2 win against the 16th place. My starwinger had finally a great game (2 goals + 2 assists. But now my stargoalie had a bad game (2 goals on 18 shots..). This time he had a nice excuse: was 7 times shorthanded, and somehow I also scored 2 SHG

Tonight a National Cup match. Little chance that I win this one, so I'm playing on Low and play with my U23 squad (except this time I play with a 24yo winger --> he is really in the dog house, because he plays on the 2nd line and is the only forward that still doesn't has a point).

Old
05-07-2008, 09:02 AM
hydromel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Quickly, build Training & Regen as much as possible. Get Youth School to 20. When T/R reach 40, get youth school to 40. Get T/R to 60/60, then move YS to 60. etc.
ok. working on it. up to 17% in each.

Quote:
Don't spend too much in the market, but do spend too much on a great goalie. Most of us spent 5M on a goalie with 40 goal and around 40 speed. Those are the most important attributes for goalies. You might be able to find similar goalies for a bit less, or a bit more. NHL33 actually recommended going as high as 10M on a goalie. Some recommend getting an older experienced goalie, but I went with young guy and he dominated V.6.
i put a bid in on a goalie that us 40+ and 40+ in goal and speed.

Quote:
You can spend all the way down to -14M. You will live there for several seasons. If you go below -14M, you won't be able to build stadium or buy players until you're above -14M. If you get below -30M they will lock your account until you're back above -30M. Don't even get close to it.
that is actually the advice i needed. i was worried about spending cash since i only had 4 million. now i am in debt and building....

but i won (at home) last night 6-1. it was my second game. the first i lost 3-1.

Old
05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
feichter

Quote:

Originally Posted by feichter
I got 2 guys I think I can work into my lineup eventually...they would be my 2nd and 3rd YP I kept respectively:

1-Jean Upton//Goalie:

Age 19 Country Canada
Contract 19 days Team SJ Port City Foghawgs
Injury Healthy Quality 78
Salary 0 Potential 74
Ability index 62 Loyalty -0
Satisfaction neutral Weeks in team 0
Goalie's weak spot None Star 10%
Attributes
Goalie 29 (0%) Speed 24 (0%)
Defense 0 (0%) Strength 4 (0%)
Attack 0 (0%) Self-control 0 (0%)
Shooting 0 (0%) Form 50 (0)
Puck control/Passing 5 (0%) Experience 0 (0%)
Energy 100 Training 0%

Nice goalie! If you're keeping him, make sure he's your back-up for league games (or starter if you're team is good enough). Get that boy some experience
Sooo....I gave him a start I figured I was do to tank anyways, vs. the second place team in my new league, with my intensity on low, just to see what would happen. Well, seems he responded to the challenge...4-1 win, 22 saves, 2nd star of the game.

There is still quite a gap in AI(~50) and G(~40) skills between him and my current starter though...my cureent starter is 23, P of high 40's, so he should be good for a few years.

I did also snag a goalie that is 20 yrs old, ~40 in G, ~10 in pass, ~10 in spd w/P of~ 80 Q~60 for a longer term prospect too. I should be good in net for awhile!
-Matt.

PS: New guys...a piece of advice if I may?? A strategy I used to get out of my old league was to try to survive the year and get ready for a binge of players to hit the market towards the very end of the season, then go nuts+stock up in players in the free pool/cheaper market guys and score some nice players to build with for cheap. Buying players is the most fun part of the game, but also more often than not, the most wasteful. It is more fun to build a team than buy players...I'm almost emotionally attatched to some of my more senior players...ha!
-Matt.

Last edited by feichter: 05-07-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Spillblood Maloney

for those of you in the HF hockey Arena playoff fantasy game...

dont forget to make your picks for the final round before tomorrows game. just remember, this is the last time you can change your picks. you dont get to change them before the final, so its usually good to make some picks now that you think will be playing in the finals.

Old
05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Okay, I'm throwing out this question because I'd like to see people's philosophy and strategies on player development.

Suppose you pull an 80Q 80P player with the following attributes:
0 goaltending, 3 defense, 14 attack, 10 shooting, 8 passing, 5 skating, 3 strength and 5 self-control.

Now, most likely he'd be developed as a winger, though he could be an offensive D or a C.

Question is, how would you develop him, and what course of training would you use?

I originally had training programs that would develop several attributes at once, but have switched to a focused strategy of getting one attribute to a certain level before beginning the next. I usually start with training attack, then passing or shooting (now that strength in either/or will affect line strats), then going for things like skating and strength or control.

Thing is, I'm still not sold on this strategy, so I'm wondering how others would approach it?
I have to thank you for posting this. I gave a stupid answer about my stubbornness a few days ago, and that really opened my eyes to what I was doing. I've now committed to secondaries this season. I've got 6 guys on Passing (centers to 25, wingers to 15) and 5 on Self-Control (5 for bench players, 7 for starters). After those are done, I'll be working on Speed, probably for the rest of the season for most of these guys. I want speed up to 15 for centers and 20-25 for wingers. Then I'll get back to att/shot next season knowing that I won't have to train the secondaries ever again. Defensemen who reach 50Def and 50exp will then train in speed or strength as needed. The goal there is 20/20.

For the player in your example, I'd focus on one attribute at 100%. I do this 99.9% of the time. I would get shot then attack to 20. Shot first because I assume he would get a bit of training in attack in most friendlies. Then I would work on Passing to 15 & Speed to 20. That's 38AI, so it would take 1.3 seasons (at 30% training). Then I would pound shot with a bit of attack every once in a while with the goal being 30 att, 40 shot, 15 pass & 20 speed. The next goal would be 50att, 80shot, 20pass & 35speed. I think that would be a stud.

I only have one player on a split schedule right now. I pulled a young d-man recently. 17yo with 14D and 4 str. I have them split. He won't be in the line-up for a while because there's one or two D prospects ahead of him. So I don't have to rush him to 35 Def and then force him into the line-up. I figure splitting training now would get him close to 24def & 14str at the end of this season. Next season, I'll split defense with speed. He'll get to 35def, 15speed & 15strength.

Old
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM
hydromel

Any one up for a friendly today?

I am in VI.3 and the team is Salitter

Otherwise, how do you go about finding other teams who will play friendlies?

Old
05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
feichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydromel View Post
Any one up for a friendly today?
Otherwise, how do you go about finding other teams who will play friendlies?
I believe there is a list of HF'ers that play at the start of this thread and their leagues. The 'Discussion' tab above your team in HA also has a discussion section at the bottom that is dedicated to firendlies, and people looking for them. It's been a great help for me for last second friendly games.
-Matt.

Old
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
HopefulCoach

ok so my 64p/77?Q goalie wont train... Anyone know why?!

Old
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
tujague

What do you mean by 'won't train'? He gets 0 training or he just trains less than you expected?

I lost 3-2 in the NC. I almost wish I had played on High It would have been nice to get to the 3rd round. I probably shouldn't have started the 11goal goalie Lost a first line d-man for the rest of the week. That sucks a bit.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
HopefulCoach

trains 0. hes my backup in my games too... I am completely dumbfounded...

Old
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
tujague

I can only think of two things. His training schedule has nothing set to train. Or he's already reached his max for his attribute. You said he's 77Q, so I doubt he has 108goalie AI. So it has to be the training schedule. Is his energy okay?

Closed Thread