Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

vCash: 500
Regehr on World Cup 54 man list

Canada's Short List

Great for Regehr.

I had argued on the NHL Talk that he might get some consideration. The idea was ridiculed by some Canucks fans as well as Lanny. Guess Regehr showed them up.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Phanuthier*

Well I'm not surprised you're complimenting yourself, but anyways, I'll own up since I didn't know there was a 54-man summer tryout. I thought by considering, you ment top 7 or 8.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
I thought by considering, you ment top 7 or 8.
See, now there's that nasty habit of putting words in my mouth cropping up again. Good to see you admit to it.

Why on earth would you assume that "I think Regehr may merit some consideration" would mean top 7 or 8? It's those kinds of assumptions that you make which pretty much lead to all of our disagreements. I say something, you make some poor assumption and then what you thought I said suddenly doesn't match up with what I said.

Old
02-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
I'll own up since I didn't know there was a 54-man summer tryout.
There isn't. The article clearly states that these 54 guys will be closely monitored for the rest of the season and that a shorter list of 26 will be announced in May.

Old
02-11-2004, 07:46 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I remember that thread, and I agreed with you on the "consideration" part. Regehr has International experience, he's a great Dman and is still developing. It only makes sence - but I think his chances of making the team are pretty slim. But in 2006......................

Old
02-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Guess Regehr showed them up.
Oh yeah, Regehr really showed EVERYONE up! Regehr is the ultimate superstar and Team Canada is lucky to have him on their side. Oh, wait. All this is, is a "watch" list. Kind of like the one Iginla WASN'T on before the Olympics. Regehr is only being WATCHED. Kind of like every other player in the NHL. It will be interesting to see how this shales out, but I think Regehr has almost as much chance as Sheldon Souray at making the World Cup team. In other words, no chance. The big question I have is, when Regehr doesn't get a sniff, will the guy who started this thread comeback and say how "Lanny and those Canuck fans" showed Regehr up?

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher: 02-13-2004 at 05:31 PM. Reason: To remove a personal attack.
Old
02-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
The big question I have is, when Regehr doesn't get a sniff, will the moron who started this thread comeback and say how "Lanny and those Canuck fans" showed Regehr up?

Nah, probably just say something about being technically right, or find something spelt wrong and pick on that.

Or maybe he will go find Gretzky and co. and say "My name is David. Hear me roar!!!!"

Last edited by Phanuthier*: 02-13-2004 at 01:52 AM.
Old
02-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Oh yeah, Regehr really showed EVERYONE up! Regehr is the ultimate superstar and Team Canada is lucky to have him on their side. Oh, wait. All this is, is a "watch" list. Kind of like the one Iginla WASN'T on before the Olympics. Regehr is only being WATCHED. Kind of like every other player in the NHL. It will be interesting to see how this shales out, but I think Regehr has almost as much chance as Sheldon Souray at making the World Cup team. In other words, no chance. The big question I have is, when Regehr doesn't get a sniff, will the moron who started this thread comeback and say how "Lanny and those Canuck fans" showed Regehr up?
I'm not really sure what your point is Lanny.

You claimed he would get zero consideration. He's already gotten some consideration, therefore you were wrong. I'm certainly not arguing he will make the team, nor did I in the original thread and I would agree that he likely will not make Team Canada yet.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher: 02-13-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old
02-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Please read the rules and guidelines people. A relevant paragraph to some of the last posts in this thread is...

"Questions/Comments/Complaints may be made by sending a PM to a moderator or the board administrator. If it's a complaint about a moderator you should PM or email the board adminstrator (Buffaloed) by using the Contact Us link. Moderators are identified at the top of each forum. To PM click on their name, and follow the link on their profile."

People should also realize that offending posts may have been deleted or edited (as per the rules and guidelines.)

This thread has been closed. Back to hockey...

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher: 02-17-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Closed Thread