HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

The Official MMA Thread - Part V

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69 View Post
I think he is a better striker with his hands(boxing style wise) than Schilt. I think Tim will do better on his feet with Fedor than Schilt did and if it does stay on the feet, Tim will win. it will come down to how fast Fedor can get him on the ground and sub him.
Randy outboxed Tim, and Fedor is a MUCH better striker than Randy.

Before people come charging in here trying to make me eat crow after an improbable upset tomorrow, I do know Tim always has great gameplans and does have a chance to win, especially with the massive amount of ring rust that Fedor will surely have.

Old
07-19-2008, 03:29 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
And as for who would be ahead of him, all you have to do is look at his record. Who has he beaten? Arlovski? I wouldn't really call that impressive. Ricco? Ok that was a good win, but it was years ago and he needed roids to do that. Vera? He's a 205er fighting at heavyweight, but still a quality win. Monson? Simms? Cabbage? Silva?

Not exactly top five material.
Heavyweight isn't exactly a deep division though, and if we're talking quality of competition then heck, Fedor hasn't done squat in three years. If you say Sylvia's not top 5 then by definition you have to believe that there are at least 5 active HW fighters who have beaten better competition than him. I'm not sure that there are.

Old
07-19-2008, 07:51 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
I didn't dodge the question at all. He hasn't beaten anybody and thus doesn't deserve to be top five. I can see top ten just because of the current status of the heavyweight division right now.
Well yeah you did, or didn't answer it properly.

If he isn't top 5, then who is?

Old
07-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Feel The Rush

If both Fedor and Silva lose tonight......man oh man.....the world of MMA is going to be turned upside down , boards will crash , fanboys will cry and gamblers will lose a lot of $$$ .

I don't think it will actually happen but Irvin clearly has a puncher chance since he has some nasty striking power while Sylvia......well is Sylvia and may use his reach and jab the whole fight and take a decision.

My gf wanted to go see The Dark Knight tonight but i cancelled that because it's MMA all the way baby !!!!!!

Old
07-19-2008, 10:21 AM
MM425

I'm trying to convince buddies to order the Affilciton PPV, but it's tough sell with the free UFC card. I'd order it myself, but I ordered Rampage/Griffin and don't want my cable bill to be 100 bucks more expensive at the end of the month.

I'll try to watch it online, but that will be tough trying to avoid spoilers for the fight.

Old
07-19-2008, 10:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
We're over the limit. Feel free to start a new thread.

Closed Thread