HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is The Prospect You Most Want To See In The NHL Next Year?

Old
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
SouvenirCity

vCash: 500
Who Is The Prospect You Most Want To See In The NHL Next Year?

From what Korpedo did in his first game in the NHL, and seeing Dubes and Staal play great this year, it got me thinking about what specs I want to see in the Broadway Blue next year. The first thing my mind went to was the possibility of seeing Cherepanov play with Jags, but i feel like as of right now it would be un-realisitc.

From my personal opinion, I want to see Hugh Jessiman muck it up next year on a line with Betts and Sjostrom, or AA play the wing on Drury's line.

What do you guys think?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

AA, Korpedo, Jessiman, Sangs

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
From what Korpedo did in his first game in the NHL, and seeing Dubes and Staal play great this year, it got me thinking about what specs I want to see in the Broadway Blue next year. The first thing my mind went to was the possibility of seeing Cherepanov play with Jags, but i feel like as of right now it would be un-realisitc.

From my personal opinion, I want to see Hugh Jessiman muck it up next year on a line with Betts and Sjostrom, or AA play the wing on Drury's line.

What do you guys think?
well Byers, or Jessiman just to get Hollweg off the team. i hope Korpikoski makes it full time which he should if he has a good camp, did not look out of place in his first nhl game, maybe Parenteau if we resign him which i hope we do.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:55 PM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
AA, Korpedo, Jessiman, Sangs
I also wanted to Sanguinetti, except I feel he needs some more time in the AHL before anything else should happen.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:56 PM
clmetsfan

The prospect I want to see the most is Bobby Sangs. But it's pretty unlikely that he'll be able to make the leap directly from the OHL to the NHL.

In terms of a realistic option, I think Korpikoski could make a real contribution next year.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Evgeny Oliker

its a no-brainer for me:

Sanguinetti

This guy is a difference maker. I've seen him play. The way he skates and makes plays reminds me a lot of Brian Campbell, he is just very explosive on the rush! I think that he will completely change the look of our Power Play, in a good way.

I'd love to see Cherepanov in the NHL next season, but thats wishful thinking.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I want Cherry very badly, I'd love to see Sangs but I just don't think he's ready. Jessimen's probably a bust IMO.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
coolbean04

I would also say Sang, I think he can help our PP a lot.

It would be Cherepanov but I honestly feel he's not NHL ready and needs 1 year at Hartford. It takes a big toll coming to America, not just hockey but the lifestyle too.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM
TheHotRock

I'd like to see what Anisimov can do. From what I remember in camp, the kid has some nice moves and good size.

I also would lvoe to see Jessiman make the club. He's a big body and I think he could net 15 goals int he right situation.....maybe I'm a little optimisitc.

Oh yea, I wanna see Baranka make it too.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
At the risk of not being in the spirit of the thread, I'll say whichever one show's he's the most ready to step in and contribute.

05-06-2008, 04:35 PM
NYR Viper

realistic:
korpikoski, anisimov, byers, jessiman
future:
cheraponov, sanguinetti, sauer, anisimov

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
how about Soryal to replace Hollweg this guy can fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogpSFh_tT8&NR=1 stuck up for patrick kaleta who now with the sabres. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseZh...eature=related

Staal knows him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXY54...eature=related
notice at the end soryal gives staal a tap, thats good sportmanship right there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1q8Z...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLM2...eature=related

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
rickyrod

Wouldn't mind seeing Baranka. He looked good when he was up earlier in the season, but I think it was only one game.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:43 PM
NYROrtsFan

Most likely I think are Korpikoski, Corey Potter, and Dane Byers

If they really want to add some offense to the fourth line, then put Byers out there instead of Hollweg or Orr.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Jessiman.

Mainly because it would mean he turned around his game enough to be an effective player.

And that would be a great thing.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Funny how a few of us have been harping on Corey Potters ability as a prospect, only to continuously see this guy ranked in the mid- teens on this board as a "future prospect."

Nice to see him put together an excellent season , and I think he has as good a chance to make the team next year as any of our other "top rated" guys.

But as far as want goes. I' agree with SOB. Who ever earns the spot will make me happiest.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Fletch

I really don't know...

I'm siding with SBoB here. I will say the following (if I had to pick, here is the order kind of thing):

I've always liked Baranka and think he has the size, skill and talent to play in the NHL. His problem, aside from his penchant to get hurt, is that he doesn't bring it each and every night.

I started liking Potter last season and thought that defensively, Potter and Baranka seemed to be the most solid defensemen and seemed to be out there most and out there together. I fear that Potter's frame may not be that of an NHL defenseman.

I think Korpedo can step in and be a fourth liner. The question is do you send him back to HFD to further hone his offensive skills (i.e., get PP time, play with offensive players) or do you hope that develops in limited time. It's tempting to have him play in the NHL now because he's fast, has good size and will throw around the body, but is it the right thing?

Byers is another interesting story - reminds me a lot of Giroux, except he takes more stupid penalties than Giroux. Is his frame suitable for the NHL given the style he needs to play to be successful and to stick in the NHL?

Greg Moore - skates well, has size, but he's another whose skills I'm not sure port well to the NHL. Fourth liner who can kill penalties? Depends on what you want the fourth line to look like. Third liner? Can he score 10 NHL goals? Just doesn't seem to 'get it done'. But with that size, skill and speed, all he needs is the determination and he may be able to get there.

There are others, but those four are probably the closest to being ready, unless you think Paranteau and Bourret are NHL material - I'm not sure they are.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 05:03 PM
SaintB*

Byers and Soryal on the fourth line ! What a change it would be to have two players that can hit, fight and score goals.

SaintB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Fletch

RCallahan...

I have to ask...why is Soryal a Hollweg replacement? Because he got into a couple fights in his junior days? I'm sure Hollweg also won a few fights in juniors, and recorded more goals than Soryal.

Old
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
hlundqvist30*

The 3 obvious choices based on whom we WANT to see are Sanguinetti, Cherepanov, and Anisimov. While I do see a few random stints for the first and third guy mentioned, I don't see any of those guys earning a permanent spot on the Rangers next year.

So, who is reasonable? Korpikoski is but he's probably a lock for a spot next season, so that would be a boring answer.

There are 2 people I really want to see battle it out for a spot; Jessiman and Byers. Sorry Hollweg, but I hope you're gone. I don't care if he is a "super nice guy" or a "great team player" as people here say to defend your spot on the team. We're trying to build a winning team, and while the character of the locker room is important, we can't justify sacrificing a roster spot for that. If it were that important then we would just hire Larry David and Jack Black to hang out with the team.

One thing I think most of us have noticed is that the young guys we have called up in prior years have been wanting to be difference makers. We've seen Jarkko Immonen float around the ice and fail to clinch a spot, but when the fire of guys like Callahan are on the ice it makes a difference. Young guys want to stay on the big squad, and having Byers and Jessiman compete for a spot knowing very well that each mistake could be their last will bring out the best in them. If Sather does the right thing and clears out a wing spot on the 4th line this year then Jessiman and Byers will never have a better opportunity to get a spot on this team. That alone will bring plenty of effort to the 4th line.

I'd like to see Baranka make a push for a defensive spot also.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Could really use Alex Bourret..

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Funny how a few of us have been harping on Corey Potters ability as a prospect, only to continuously see this guy ranked in the mid- teens on this board as a "future prospect."

Nice to see him put together an excellent season , and I think he has as good a chance to make the team next year as any of our other "top rated" guys.

But as far as want goes. I' agree with SOB. Who ever earns the spot will make me happiest.
I think NCAA guys tend to get lost in the shuffle sometimes. They get drafted and then play 3 or 4 years in college and we don't hear too much about them. Then when they do come over to Hartford, they are a couple years older than other prospects and people write them off.

But Potter did have a good year and I wouldn't be surprised if he earned a spot next year, especially with Mara, Malik and Rosy all being UFAs. Baranka has a shot too, but I'm not sure his game is consistent enough yet, or if he can stay healthy for a full year. We'll have to see how they do in training camp I guess.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Fletch

Happy...

Potter really made some strides. I think he was in the ECHL last year and some had him down as a not-so-great skater. I watched him a lot last season and was very impressed. This season he seemed even better. I think he needs to get a bit bigger, but I'm excited to see how he fares at the NHL level in camp/preseason.

Old
05-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
how about Soryal to replace Hollweg this guy can fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogpSFh_tT8&NR=1 stuck up for patrick kaleta who now with the sabres. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseZh...eature=related

Staal knows him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXY54...eature=related
notice at the end soryal gives staal a tap, thats good sportmanship right there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1q8Z...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLM2...eature=related
He's my darkhorse! Got scoffed at before for suggesting him...but let's see what transpires when he makes his transition to professional hockey.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Cherepanov, Anisimov, Hillier, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti, Potter, and Wiikman.

But, we know Sangs won't be ready, Cherepanov is staying in Russia one more year, and Hillier will be in the AHL at least one year first.

So it will most likely be Anisimov at some point in the season, Korpikoski, at some point, and Potter at some point.

I'd love to see Wiikman get a couple of starts as a backup.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote