HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bandwagon A Lot Lighter!!!!

Old
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
sicilianu

vCash: 500
Bandwagon A Lot Lighter!!!!

I'd say at least 80% of people that have watched the Habs during their playoff run are off the bandwagon (they suck, trade everyone for a bag of pucks, price sucks.........)
What percentage of "Habs Fans" jumped off the Bandwagon following their elimination last night????

sicilianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Rulehiggins View Post
I'd say at least 80% of people that have watched the Habs during their playoff run are off the bandwagon (they suck, trade everyone for a bag of pucks, price sucks.........)
What percentage of "Habs Fans" jumped off the Bandwagon following their elimination last night????

HAHAHA....a fan is a fan.
If someone cheers for a team, they are a fan. If some people are realistic fans who see the teams faults and understand that there is a chance that the team might lose....they are still a fan, not a bandwagon jumper like you like to refer to.

I don't understand the term bandwagon jumper. Just because some people choose to be realistic and admit when the team is going to lose as opposed to saying they will win every game and the Stanley Cup at the end of the year....doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I knew the Habs weren't going to win this series after the second game. We had too many missed chances, hit too many goal posts and didn't score enough powerplay goals to win this series. Philly got all the bounces because they worked hard and capitalized on all their chances, the Habs didn't do that in one game of this series so why would I lie to myself and say that they are going to comeback from a 3-1 deficit and win the series when it was plain to see that it wasn't going to happen.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
43,7%

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

78.866321 percent, with a margin of error set at +/- 0.00005%, according to tsn ice chips.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
honestly I dont care.

The real fans will keep comming to HF and we will have plenty to talk about untill next year

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

Does it really matter? Does their leaving change your world in any significant way at all?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:34 PM
CanadaIsHockey

Somebody get the TV Ratings for the Regular season, and the TV ratings for the Playoffs... that should answer a lot.

I for 1 love this team with passion. Been watching almost every game i can since around 1990, stuck by this team during the hard times.
Last year and this year combined, been to the Bell Center 12 times (Its too hard to find tickets), 4 times to Scotia Bank Center to watch them Face the Senators, Once to the HSBC Arena vs the Sabres, and Boston for the playoffs this year, Game 4 .
Wish i had season tickets.

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Montrealer

45.999653%

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
HAHAHA....a fan is a fan.
If someone cheers for a team, they are a fan. If some people are realistic fans who see the teams faults and understand that there is a chance that the team might lose....they are still a fan, not a bandwagon jumper like you like to refer to.

I don't understand the term bandwagon jumper. Just because some people choose to be realistic and admit when the team is going to lose as opposed to saying they will win every game and the Stanley Cup at the end of the year....doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I knew the Habs weren't going to win this series after the second game. We had too many missed chances, hit too many goal posts and didn't score enough powerplay goals to win this series. Philly got all the bounces because they worked hard and capitalized on all their chances, the Habs didn't do that in one game of this series so why would I lie to myself and say that they are going to comeback from a 3-1 deficit and win the series when it was plain to see that it wasn't going to happen.
Hey realism is one thing. The bandwagon is something else.

A bandwagon fan is the kind of guy you find out about when the team is doing well. then all of a sudden he has followed the Habs for years. When the going gets rough, or the team does not win it all, they moan and quack a bit. Say a lot of ignorant things. Then they disappear until the team is doing well again

Another group is the eternal cliff jumper types. One bad game and it's trade this guy, fire that guy, call up so and so from the AHL, send so and so to the AHL. yada yada yada. No balance. Eternally pessimistic. Totally digital, black/white, left/right, up/down . . . . Two bad games and they will never watch another game. Mysteriously they survive cliff jumps and keep coming back.

Oddly enough, most of the bandwagoneers on on boards like this where they remain anonymous. Most guys that I know that are habs fans take it hard when they lose but stay solid fans. Criticism is realistic. Hiding behind a screen-name on the net is easy to do. You can't hide in real life

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Belarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Rulehiggins View Post
hey, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I haven't jumped off and will root for Habs (with the exception in games with Isles) next season. Just one wish though: please, keep bros on your team!!

Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Ghost of Saku

my girlfriend gave me back my Koivu t-shirt last night

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisaurus View Post
You have a pretty mean GF...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
honestly I dont care.

The real fans will keep comming to HF and we will have plenty to talk about untill next year
Amen to that, at least until summer work starts again.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Mathletic

so what, people cheer for the Habs all year long, buy the gear, buy tickets and whatnot. If I want to cheer for Dallas now I'll cheer for them if I want to.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
You have a pretty mean GF...
No, just a band-wagoner

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
TomPlex

I still have my flag on, and I plan to keep it on all year round!

TomPlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
OUCH.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Hey realism is one thing. The bandwagon is something else.

A bandwagon fan is the kind of guy you find out about when the team is doing well. then all of a sudden he has followed the Habs for years. When the going gets rough, or the team does not win it all, they moan and quack a bit. Say a lot of ignorant things. Then they disappear until the team is doing well again

Another group is the eternal cliff jumper types. One bad game and it's trade this guy, fire that guy, call up so and so from the AHL, send so and so to the AHL. yada yada yada. No balance. Eternally pessimistic. Totally digital, black/white, left/right, up/down . . . . Two bad games and they will never watch another game. Mysteriously they survive cliff jumps and keep coming back.

Oddly enough, most of the bandwagoneers on on boards like this where they remain anonymous. Most guys that I know that are habs fans take it hard when they lose but stay solid fans. Criticism is realistic. Hiding behind a screen-name on the net is easy to do. You can't hide in real life

HAHAHA....thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess the only category I fit into is a die-hard Habs fan. I cheer for them whether they win or lose, but I also know when my team is beat too.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
hey, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I haven't jumped off and will root for Habs (with the exception in games with Isles) next season. Just one wish though: please, keep bros on your team!!
No love for Grabo?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Habnot

Quote:
hope she was wearing it at the time

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
SOLR

33,3333% repeating, of course.

(had to do it, sorry.)

LEEEERRROOYYYY

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
dlandry77

First off I am a Habs fan first and I am a hockey fan second. from Edmonton Alberta.

Win or Lose I am a Habs fan. I could give 2 sh*ts about any other team in the league. Come on 80%, are you getting your stats from a leaf station.

Sometimes people say stuff when they are dissapointed after a loss.
Personally I got up this morning and people were looking forward to the UFA season and thats fun. Get players that can help for next season. The playoffs are done for me, I am not watching another game until pre season. But talking about the season and targeted players we might go after gets myself anyway through the summer. I am no Ban wagon jumper as you say it, I can guarantee that a lot of these fans on this site are hard core Hab fans. They are very passionate about there team.

I was depressed last night we lost and a lot of people vented, we are human.

I have also noticed people are still writing today, so maybe there are a lot of real Hab fans and not ban wagon jumpers you speak of. Honestly go write this thread on about 55% of the american team threads like Florida, maybe that will make sense.

You might find some bandwagon fans there.

Last edited by dlandry77: 05-04-2008 at 09:38 PM.
dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:38 PM
MXD

Win or lose, I'm a Habs fan.
Just taking a few time off.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Nobak

The Sharks bandwagon crashed and burned before I could properly hop on, so I guess I'm stuck on this one.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
You're fine.I think he wanted to point out the overcritical fairweather fans who took ''notice'' of the Habs late in the season and in the playoff run only and now have jumped off the bandwagon.You know,the ''I told you so'' people.Not other team's fans who have decided to root for the Habs this spring or casual Habs fans.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 05-05-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote