HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Johan Motin and Erik Karlsson (merged)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2008, 01:47 PM
  #26
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 50
Karlsson is in fact headed for Allsvenskan now. It'll be a 14-day loan.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:47 PM
  #27
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,800
vCash: 500
Anyone have any updates on this guy???

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 05:31 AM
  #28
Guss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
He is on the right track again, he is getting a lot of ice time with Farjestad and was solid in Uppsala with Sweden U20 i had my doubts about him but with the way he is playing now he will make the team for WCJ.

Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
  #29
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
He have really picked up his game and have according to friends who have seen him play more then I have that last couple of weeks that he have been one of the better FBK players. Still not that skilled when it comes to passing the puck but other then that he have been solid.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 03:19 AM
  #30
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He have really picked up his game and have according to friends who have seen him play more then I have that last couple of weeks that he have been one of the better FBK players. Still not that skilled when it comes to passing the puck but other then that he have been solid.
I wouldent say one of the better players. Färjestad has a really good defence this year and Motin has really stepped up when there was injuries and is now logging around 20 minutes per game.

He is showing that simple and mature way of playing he used when he first came onto the senior hockey scene again. I think the last 1½ years have been very good for him even though his hockey development hasent improved due to limited icetime.

When Färjestad has all of their D's back from injury, it will be fun to watch if Motin can keep his spot.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:14 AM
  #31
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,800
vCash: 500
So he is in the Superliga??? How many defensemen his age take a regular shift in the SEL??? Thanks for your input and I look forward to seeing him in the WJC's!!!

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:19 AM
  #32
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So he is in the Superliga??? How many defensemen his age take a regular shift in the SEL??? Thanks for your input and I look forward to seeing him in the WJC's!!!
I suppose you ask about Erik Karlsson?

He plays in Allsvenskan wich is Tier 2.

The defenders in his agerange that's currently getting icetime in SEL is:
Philip Larsen -89
Simon Bertilsson -91
Johan Motin -89
Victor Hedman -90
Tim Erixon -91
David Runblad -90
Sebastian Erixon -89

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:53 AM
  #33
Berglund1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I suppose you ask about Erik Karlsson?

He plays in Allsvenskan wich is Tier 2.

The defenders in his agerange that's currently getting icetime in SEL is:
Philip Larsen -89
Simon Bertilsson -91
Johan Motin -89
Victor Hedman -90
Tim Erixon -91
David Runblad -90
Sebastian Erixon -89
These are SEL also
Nichlas Torp 1989-04-10
Jens westin 1989-06-29

Berglund1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:18 AM
  #34
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I suppose you ask about Erik Karlsson?

He plays in Allsvenskan wich is Tier 2.

The defenders in his agerange that's currently getting icetime in SEL is:
Philip Larsen -89
Simon Bertilsson -91
Johan Motin -89
Victor Hedman -90
Tim Erixon -91
David Runblad -90
Sebastian Erixon -89
He's an Oilers fan, so I think he asked about Motin.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
  #35
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Johan Motin did not make it to Team Sweden for JWC. The team will be presented later tonight, but there's an interview with Motin, just published, where he says he's been informed that he was not included in the team.
http://www.vf.se/Sport/Ishockey/2008...bas-i-JVM.aspx

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
  #36
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
These are SEL also
Nichlas Torp 1989-04-10
Jens westin 1989-06-29
They are hardly clocking any icetime though.. but sure, they have played some too, Westin probably more than Torp.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
  #37
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
No Motin?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:58 AM
  #38
Pellegrino
Registered User
 
Pellegrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Motin is a bust. He was probably better 2 years ago than he is now.
Told you.

Well done, Mårts.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
  #39
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
No Motin?
Interesting, how often does a guy that made it the year before not come back to play in the WJC's??? I would assume not very often at all.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 06:46 AM
  #40
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Told you.

Well done, Mårts.
BS... Motin has done very well this season and has certainly put on a better preformance than Erik Karlsson for example. Karlsson is extremly overrated.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
  #41
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
BS... Motin has done very well this season and has certainly put on a better preformance than Erik Karlsson for example. Karlsson is extremly overrated.
Yawn. What would Motin bring to the table that the other defencemen don't?

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
  #42
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Yawn. What would Motin bring to the table that the other defencemen don't?
Well, for example he has played very well defense this year, that's nothing you can say for Erik Karlsson.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
  #43
Pellegrino
Registered User
 
Pellegrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Well, for example he has played very well defense this year, that's nothing you can say for Erik Karlsson.
Karlsson is not taking Motin's spot in the roster. They are way too different for that. Karlsson has fantastic offensive qualities, Motin has no fantastic qualities at all (not even in the defensive game).

Motin was very average (some would even say crap) in last WJC and he hasn't really improved since then. I don't care if he has played a couple of games with Färjestad lately, he's an inconsistant player and hasn't really played on a permanent basis this season.

Plus he proved in last WJC that he's not a guy you can rely on in tough, important, difficult games, so what did you expect? I don't think he has the mental strenght to succeed.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
  #44
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Well, for example he has played very well defense this year, that's nothing you can say for Erik Karlsson.
First of all yes he has, but he is light and gets pushed around like a mitten along the boards. But that does not equal bad defensively. But that is irrelevant since Motin isn't competing with Karlsson for a spot.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM
  #45
KCrushers
Registered User
 
KCrushers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Karlsson is not taking Motin's spot in the roster. They are way too different for that. Karlsson has fantastic offensive qualities, Motin has no fantastic qualities at all (not even in the defensive game).

Motin was very average (some would even say crap) in last WJC and he hasn't really improved since then. I don't care if he has played a couple of games with Färjestad lately, he's an inconsistant player and hasn't really played on a permanent basis this season.

Plus he proved in last WJC that he's not a guy you can rely on in tough, important, difficult games, so what did you expect? I don't think he has the mental strenght to succeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
First of all yes he has, but he is light and gets pushed around like a mitten along the boards. But that does not equal bad defensively. But that is irrelevant since Motin isn't competing with Karlsson for a spot.
I think both of you are wrong. There are already plenty of offenceminded defenders on the squad. What is needed is a good stay at home defender like Motin, not a security risk as Karlsson.

Secondly, I don't agree with Karlsson having played well.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 02:41 PM
  #46
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 400
Bump...


So has Karlsson improved since the WJC last season? Did he play well afterwards? How is his progress?

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
  #47
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
BS... Motin has done very well this season and has certainly put on a better preformance than Erik Karlsson for example. Karlsson is extremly overrated.
Haha, and then he got "Best Defenceman" award at the WJCs. Funny to look back at these comments

Jim Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
  #48
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
For the record, Motin has been lights out at rookie and main camp with the Oilers. He won over a lot of fans here after flying under the radar for a while (probably based on his stats and departure from the Sweden World Junior team). He's a player other teams have to keep an eye out for, as he likes to step up and make big hits at the blueline, his passing is IMO underrated, and he makes good simple decisions with the puck. Tonight against the Islanders he even got some second unit PP time and didnt look out of place.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
  #49
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
For the record, Motin has been lights out at rookie and main camp with the Oilers. He won over a lot of fans here after flying under the radar for a while (probably based on his stats and departure from the Sweden World Junior team). He's a player other teams have to keep an eye out for, as he likes to step up and make big hits at the blueline, his passing is IMO underrated, and he makes good simple decisions with the puck. Tonight against the Islanders he even got some second unit PP time and didnt look out of place.
For a guy that doesn't put up any offensive numbers I was surprised by how good he was at getting his shot to the net. He created a ton of chances.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:35 AM
  #50
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
For the record, Motin has been lights out at rookie and main camp with the Oilers. He won over a lot of fans here after flying under the radar for a while (probably based on his stats and departure from the Sweden World Junior team). He's a player other teams have to keep an eye out for, as he likes to step up and make big hits at the blueline, his passing is IMO underrated, and he makes good simple decisions with the puck. Tonight against the Islanders he even got some second unit PP time and didnt look out of place.
W000t?! Are we talking bout the Johan ive seen for a few years in Färjestad? He is the worst player we've had for ages and his passing must be the worst of the game of hockey. U panic every time he is on the ice.


Last edited by SouthSwe: 11-05-2009 at 05:47 AM.
SouthSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.