HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scouting the Flyers

Old
05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
With Timonen out, this should be more than a walk in the park for the crazy offensive cast.
The only way the Flyers can win is if they cast a spell on Fleury and if Umberger keeps shoving his magic stick far far far up his a**

Ive never seen such luckier and uglier goals than what he did..
Give Umberger credit, every now and then a guy gets on a roll and everything works. He shoots from angles that he'd normally pass and they go in. I thought the goal he scored in G4 when he trailed Hatcher behind the net was a perfect example. Very rarely would a forward even take that path, so the defense loses him and he scores.

I don't think he'll score 35-40 next year, but you have to give him credit. I agree though, Timmonen is key for them, his absence may domino down to Coburn as well.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Kaktus*

When they said that Timonen is out I thought it was some April fool joke..

We can not replace Timonen

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
When they said that Timonen is out I thought it was some April fool joke..
But..but, we're in May..

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
But..but, we're in May..
I know.. but thats how I felt. Refused to belive it until they said it again and again.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
MathMan

Timonen being out is like Montreal losing Markov, only worse because they don't have a Hamrlik -- think about what losing Markov last year was like. Coburn is great but it falls out fairly sharply after that, with Hatcher and Smith being more of the tough-and-gritty variety than the puck-moving variety. The Flyers' defensive play, power play and transition is likely to suffer greatly. This is perhaps the one guy they could least afford to lose.

I was already skeptical of the Flyers' chances after seeing how they played versus Montreal, but this really puts them behind the eight-ball. If the Flyers' strategy is to weather the storm defensively and take advantadge of counter-attack opportunities, like they did against Montreal, losing Timonen makes both parts much harder because of his usefulness against top players and importance to transition.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote