Notices

M.Nilson

Old
05-15-2008, 04:48 AM
AndersEriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
its not that impressive... the Czechs have shoddy goaltending at best and they played them their last 2 games... then they have also played Denmark, Switzerland, France and Belarus... so 6 of 7 games have been against crappy goaltending and teams... what matters is how he looked against Russia and how he will look against Canada
You clearly either don't watch the games or you just simply have absolutely no idea what you're looking at.

In a post-game interview Nilson repeated that he hopes to get traded, that he hasn't gotten this much ice-time since preseason and that he wasn't in gameshape at the start of the tournament but is feeling pretty good now.

He was one of the best Swedish forwards last night, again. Matched up all night against the Elias line and completely shut them down while also creating chances offensively almost every shift. His hard work was rewarded with the tying goal late the in the third and an assist on the gamewinner in overtime.

Just to highlight how wrong a certain poster is, the Swedish coach decided to reward Nilson by promoting him from the checking line to play on a 4-on-3 powerplay in overtime which resulted in the gamewinning goal.

I guess you're just wrong again Lun

Great for Nilson to finally be playing hockey and I hope he gets his wish and is moved to another club. He's clearly very motivated to showcase himself for other NHL teams at this tournament and only a completely blind idiotic moron wouldn't be impressed with what he has done so far.

Last edited by AndersEriksson*: 05-15-2008 at 04:54 AM.
AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:56 AM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
the swedish commentators have been suggesting that Frögren might try his luck in The Flames next year. I was skeptic at first but I'm growing more and more positive to the idea. He's a smart player and pretty tough as well. drafted in the 8th round of '98, do we still have the rights to him?
It would certainly be interesting to see him at camp. I've always liked his game. He'd be a much better option than Eriksson obviously.

Old
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiganticSnake View Post
You clearly either don't watch the games or you just simply have absolutely no idea what you're looking at.

In a post-game interview Nilson repeated that he hopes to get traded, that he hasn't gotten this much ice-time since preseason and that he wasn't in gameshape at the start of the tournament but is feeling pretty good now.

He was one of the best Swedish forwards last night, again. Matched up all night against the Elias line and completely shut them down while also creating chances offensively almost every shift. His hard work was rewarded with the tying goal late the in the third and an assist on the gamewinner in overtime.

Just to highlight how wrong a certain poster is, the Swedish coach decided to reward Nilson by promoting him from the checking line to play on a 4-on-3 powerplay in overtime which resulted in the gamewinning goal.

I guess you're just wrong again Lun

Great for Nilson to finally be playing hockey and I hope he gets his wish and is moved to another club. He's clearly very motivated to showcase himself for other NHL teams at this tournament and only a completely blind idiotic moron wouldn't be impressed with what he has done so far.
who said anything about him not wanting to be traded? I sure didn't... and he wasn't in game shape? as an NHLer its his job to stay in shape... if he's not in shape that is his fault not the teams and shows a serious lack or professionalism... mt question was who did he score most of his points against and then pointed out the soft competition the Swedes have played thus far... you highlight 1 goal... and a very soft goal at that

and where are this interviews with him asking to be traded? ive seen you saying it over and over... but yet no media outlets have brought it up... there isnt anything on the rumors board... and doesn't HF have rules where if you claim such a thing you must provide a link??

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
who said anything about him not wanting to be traded? I sure didn't... and he wasn't in game shape? as an NHLer its his job to stay in shape... if he's not in shape that is his fault not the teams and shows a serious lack or professionalism... mt question was who did he score most of his points against and then pointed out the soft competition the Swedes have played thus far... you highlight 1 goal... and a very soft goal at that

and where are this interviews with him asking to be traded? ive seen you saying it over and over... but yet no media outlets have brought it up... there isnt anything on the rumors board... and doesn't HF have rules where if you claim such a thing you must provide a link??
Hope your Swedish is alright:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle2474521.ab

http://aftonbladet.sesam.se/search/?...&q=Nilson&c=nn

As you'll find he says in the top link that he didn't feel 100% in gameshape when th etourney started. Since he's played just two games since April 5th, is it a surprise to you that he would feel a little bit off the first few games of the tournament having just played 2 games in the past month?

Who did he score his points against?

Belarus 6-5 - No points for Nilson
France 9-0 - No points for Nilson
Switzerland 2-4 - No points for Nilson
Denmark 8-1 - 1 goal and 1 assist for Nilson
Russia 2-3 - No points for Nilson
Czech Rep. 5-3 - 2 goals for Nilson
Czech Rep. 3-2 - 1 goal and 1 assist for Nilson

See how that whole "I didn't feel great at the start of the tournament" thing kind of reflects on his scoring?

Besides the scoring, he's been just outstanding the last three games.

You've clearly not watched him play a single minute of the tournament since you, after saying he hasn't been impressive, say you don't know what he's looked like.

Mod-edit: Flaming

Last edited by Snoil11: 05-15-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Hope your Swedish is alright:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle2474521.ab

http://aftonbladet.sesam.se/search/?...&q=Nilson&c=nn

As you'll find he says in the top link that he didn't feel 100% in gameshape when th etourney started. Since he's played just two games since April 5th, is it a surprise to you that he would feel a little bit off the first few games of the tournament having just played 2 games in the past month?

Who did he score his points against?

Belarus 6-5 - No points for Nilson
France 9-0 - No points for Nilson
Switzerland 2-4 - No points for Nilson
Denmark 8-1 - 1 goal and 1 assist for Nilson
Russia 2-3 - No points for Nilson
Czech Rep. 5-3 - 2 goals for Nilson
Czech Rep. 3-2 - 1 goal and 1 assist for Nilson

See how that whole "I didn't feel great at the start of the tournament" thing kind of reflects on his scoring?

Besides the scoring, he's been just outstanding the last three games.

You've clearly not watched him play a single minute of the tournament since you, after saying he hasn't been impressive, say you don't know what he's looked like.

Mod-edit: Flaming
i said 6 points in 7 games wasn't impressive... i never said anything about his play... but my original points are all valid... 6 points against non-NHL caliber goaltending... games against good goaltenders he does nothing... as I previously stated I will be impressed if he has a good game against a decent team with a good goaltender

Old
05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
i said 6 points in 7 games wasn't impressive... i never said anything about his play... but my original points are all valid... 6 points against non-NHL caliber goaltending... games against good goaltenders he does nothing... as I previously stated I will be impressed if he has a good game against a decent team with a good goaltender
So by your valid logic Jason Spezza and Mike Green aren't very impressive players since they didn't register any points against either Finland or the US at the WC?

Wow

And for the record the Czech lineup included: Zidlicky, Erat, T Kaberle, Hlinka, Elias, Kotalik, Plekanec, Roszival, Kuba, Z Michalek, Hanzal, Vrbata, Fleischmann, Novotny and Hejda.

It's hardly a crap team he scored 3 goals and 1 assist against in two games. It's also not like his points we're clutch in any way shape or form.

And since you've admitted you haven't seen him play, why do you even bother posting about how unimpressive he's been?

4 goals and 6 points in 7 games isn't impressive for you? Just how many points would you expect Marcus Nilson to score in 7 games for you to be impressed? This is Marcus Nilson. Not Jarome Iginla.

Old
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
So by your valid logic Jason Spezza and Mike Green aren't very impressive players since they didn't register any points against either Finland or the US at the WC?

Wow

And for the record the Czech lineup included: Zidlicky, Erat, T Kaberle, Hlinka, Elias, Kotalik, Plekanec, Roszival, Kuba, Z Michalek, Hanzal, Vrbata, Fleischmann, Novotny and Hejda.

It's hardly a crap team he scored 3 goals and 1 assist against in two games. It's also not like his points we're clutch in any way shape or form.

And since you've admitted you haven't seen him play, why do you even bother posting about how unimpressive he's been?

4 goals and 6 points in 7 games isn't impressive for you? Just how many points would you expect Marcus Nilson to score in 7 games for you to be impressed? This is Marcus Nilson. Not Jarome Iginla.
the Czechs have horrible goaltending... plain and simple... so no 4 points in those 2 games doesnt impress me... thats like being impressed by Nystrom's 4 points in the final game of the season

Old
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
the Czechs have horrible goaltending... plain and simple... so no 4 points in those 2 games doesnt impress me... thats like being impressed by Nystrom's 4 points in the final game of the season
Hnilicka played 121 games in the NHL. He might not be great, but he's hardly a garbage goaltender.

The past 4 years in the Czech league he has the following stats since returning home from his NHL career:

2.32 - .928
1.70 - .940
1.85 - .943
2.02 - .936

Is the Czech league amazing? No but to say he's a garbage goaltender is somewhat of a stretch.

And it's also irrelevant. Nicklas Backstrom had 0 goals and 2 assists in these games. Does that make him an unimpressive player?

Old
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Hnilicka played 121 games in the NHL. He might not be great, but he's hardly a garbage goaltender.

The past 4 years in the Czech league he has the following stats since returning home from his NHL career:

2.32 - .928
1.70 - .940
1.85 - .943
2.02 - .936

Is the Czech league amazing? No but to say he's a garbage goaltender is somewhat of a stretch.

And it's also irrelevant. Nicklas Backstrom had 0 goals and 2 assists in these games. Does that make him an unimpressive player?
and you tell me i havent watched... Hlinka has been a joke this tournament... if it wasn't for his even worse backup he would be the worst goaltender in the tournament

Old
05-15-2008, 07:30 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
and you tell me i havent watched... Hlinka has been a joke this tournament... if it wasn't for his even worse backup he would be the worst goaltender in the tournament
Hnilicka is his name. And crap goalie, great goalie or no goalie, only Nilson scored 3 times in 2 games against the Czechs.

Old
05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Hnilicka is his name. And crap goalie, great goalie or no goalie, only Nilson scored 3 times in 2 games against the Czechs.
Brian Boucher had 5 consecutive shutouts... and Jim Carey won a Vezina... anomalies happen

Old
05-15-2008, 11:03 PM
kruezer

Quote:
the swedish commentators have been suggesting that Frögren might try his luck in The Flames next year. I was skeptic at first but I'm growing more and more positive to the idea. He's a smart player and pretty tough as well. drafted in the 8th round of '98, do we still have the rights to him?
I think so, I think the pick made under the old CBA are grandfathered, so all the former rules apply, meaning that European players rights are still held in perpetuity.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I'm glad to see Nilson is playing well for Sweden.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'm glad to see Nilson is playing well for Sweden.
Same here.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
apetitfor400

I think it's good that he's going public with him demanding a trade. A Hockey tournament in Canada is a great stage to showcase his "trade value".

apetitfor400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 04:05 AM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
Speaking of Swedish players, I wonder if Sutter would bring the old Flame pick Frogren over? he seems to have been solid, unspectacular, but he seems like he could be a solid bottom pairing guy, might be worth giving a shot to, especially if they ditch Aucoin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
Just thought I'd bring this classic old thread alive for the very minor update that Swedish press (aftonbladet.se) today is reporting that Frogren has been offered contracts by Chicago and Colorado, but likely can't sign them as it would cost him a ton of money to buy himself out of his current SEL deal.

So doesn't seem like he's on the Flames radar.