HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

abit OT: Maurice Richard

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2008, 02:38 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

vCash: 500
abit OT: Maurice Richard

Hey all, yes Im a leafs fan but I come in peace. In my french class, we have to do a HUGE project on a french canadienne "hero", and I chose the Rocket. I need 5 arguments, and I need 3 impacts that, well, impacted his career/life.

I researched every where, got some books, but still couldnt find anything that greatly impacted his career/life. So I thought maybe Id ask those who know more about him than anyone else

again, I need 3 impacts that affected/impacted his career/life.

Thanks in advance!
go leafs go

Old
05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Travis Moen

Watch the movie The rocket.

One of the key moment was definitely when he hit a referee and got suspended.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Hey all, yes Im a leafs fan but I come in peace. In my french class, we have to do a HUGE project on a french canadienne "hero", and I chose the Rocket. I need 5 arguments, and I need 3 impacts that, well, impacted his career/life.

I researched every where, got some books, but still couldnt find anything that greatly impacted his career/life. So I thought maybe Id ask those who know more about him than anyone else

Thanks in advance!
go leafs go
Injury prone at the beginning of his career, nearly traded. Went on to become one of hockey's greatest players, once scoring all 5 goals in a game against Toronto, which, at the time, had an NHL caliber team.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Injury prone at the beginning of his career, nearly traded. Went on to become one of hockey's greatest players, once scoring all 5 goals in a game against Toronto, which, at the time, had an NHL caliber team.
Really? He scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto?

Old
05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

yeah I read a lot about the Richard Riot or something, and about the 5-1 victory over toronto where Maurice scored all 5 goals.

but I mean something like, "the impact of the war on is career",or "the impact of religion on his career", "impact of blabla"... not just a key moment in his career.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Fido22

Quote:
yeah I read a lot about the Richard Riot or something, and about the 5-1 victory over toronto where Maurice scored all 5 goals.

but I mean something like, "the impact of the war on is career",or "the impact of religion on his career", "impact of blabla"... not just a key moment in his career.
Fixed.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

you could talk about how a discussed trade with the Rangers fell through. If he went to New York his legacy would be nowhere what it is today.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Fido22

Can it be the impact he had on hockey/ a city/ french canadians or just what had an impact on him?

Old
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
go leafs go
The Forums Ghosts are extremely insulted. They will now damn the Leafs for all eternity in any manner in which the Leafs have not already done so themselves.

There must be some aspect in which the Leafs haven't completely screwed themselves yet... right?

Seriously, watch "The Rocket". The Richard Riot was about much, much more than hockey.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
AD

Quote:

We're not gonna write it with you.. but one possible impact is the francophone social fabric of the province and how that affected his hickey career dominated by anglophone owners and media.

Or how about his relatively lower class upbringing as an impact for his development?

Old
05-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Really? He scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto?
Yup. I'm pretty sure it was during the playoffs that he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto. Or maybe it wasn't during a playoff game that he scored all 5 goals in one game against Toronto. Can anyone confirm if he scored all 5 goals during one game against Toronto during the playoffs ?

Old
05-08-2008, 03:08 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
go leafs go
maurice richard is not french canadienne...he was a male, not a female lol.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:

Ok, so you're looking for events that had an impact on his career. I see. I'm pretty sure the night he scored all 5 goals in a victory over Toronto had an impact.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Ok, so you're looking for events that had an impact on his career. I see. I'm pretty sure the night he scored all 5 goals in a victory over Toronto had an impact.
was the night he scored all 5 goals against toronto in one game the same day of the infamous moving up the stairs story?

Old
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Watch the movie, the impact of the possibility of being a machinsist rather than a hockey player was a key one.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
was the night he scored all 5 goals against toronto in one game the same day of the infamous moving up the stairs story?
Yup, he moved his friend's furniture, then carried the horse back to the stables, stopped on the way to build the Jacques Cartier bridge, then scored all 5 goals in a victory against Toronto.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I don't know if it was mentioned but he scored all 5 goals in a victory against Toronto.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
habfan4

One of the things you should mention is Maurice's impact on the Quient Revolution, particularly the Richard Riot in 1955.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
number 11

how many goals did he score in that game against toronto?

Old
05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Kenny Powders

Did he scored all 5 goals in a victory against Toronto???

Old
05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Yup. I'm pretty sure it was during the playoffs that he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto. Or maybe it wasn't during a playoff game that he scored all 5 goals in one game against Toronto. Can anyone confirm if he scored all 5 goals during one game against Toronto during the playoffs ?
March 23, 1944, Maurice Richard scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto during a playoffs game. All three stars were awarded to him because he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto. Of course, I wasn't there at the time but it must have been incredible to see him when he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
DrMailloux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Watch the movie The rocket.

One of the key moment was definitely when he hit a referee and got suspended.
Exactly, watch the movie and you will get all the info you need and how he became a hero.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion View Post
March 23, 1944, Maurice Richard scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto during a playoffs game. All three stars were awarded to him because he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto. Of course, I wasn't there at the time but it must have been incredible to see him when he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto.

Well, I wasn't sure that he had scored all 5 goals in a victory against Toronto during the playoffs, but I'm glad that's cleared up.

I'll stop now.

Old
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Fido22

I think we should write it for him.

This essay presents 3 events that had an impact on Maurice Richard. The first of these events toke place when he scored 5 games in a playoff game against Toronto.

*somebody else can continue*

Old
05-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Hab Shark
Better call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion View Post
I can only imagine what it must have been like to have scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto and I am sure that it was a land mark in his career and did have an effect on him going forward. I am sure that whenever the name Maple Laughs, errr Leafs would come to mind he would always reflect back on how he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto. Though if it would have been another team that he would have done the same, it might have had more of an impact on him than when he scored all 5 goals in a game against Toronto, seeing as it was just Toronto?

Closed Thread