HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jarkko Immonen

Old
05-06-2008, 01:26 AM
the zamboni

vCash: 500
Jarkko Immonen

What was the reason for him getting demoted last year? I never got to see him play, I just remember looking at the stats and seeing that he put up decent numbers in his limited time in NY. Can't remember the reason that he was sent back down. It all worked out for the better, there's really no need for him now, especially with Anisimov waiting in the wings.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:12 AM
The Thomas J.*

just do a thread search, all the answers to you're questions lay there.

LOCKDOWN!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
His biggest problem was his speed. Renney didn't think he was an NHL caliber guy, and on top of that he would only accept a 1-way deal.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:31 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
His biggest problem was his speed. Renney didn't think he was an NHL caliber guy, and on top of that he would only accept a 1-way deal.
i understand him complaining about Immonen's speed, but what about malik and struds speed, they cant be faster than immonen. immonen did not look slow at all.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i understand him complaining about Immonen's speed, but what about malik and struds speed, they cant be faster than immonen. immonen did not look slow at all.
They're not forwards.

05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Thats not much of a defense.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Ovens

Never bought the foot speed story, if I remember rightly he had issues with playing with senior line mates, and being deferential towards them, because of this it was said that these senior linemates expressed their concerns to the coach,and then the foot speed story surfaced...

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Thats not much of a defense.
so dman dont need to skate is what ur saying let have 6 dman who are slow

Old
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Stop putting words in peoples mouths. And he's right to say that Immonen is faster than 7/8 defensemen is not much of an endorsement.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Stop putting words in peoples mouths. And he's right to say that Immonen is faster than 7/8 defensemen is not much of an endorsement. Certainly not for a center.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

This team has Drury, Gomez, Dubinsky and Betts down the middle right now. And, they have a player like Anisimov not that far away. If Immonen had any value to the Rangers or around the NHL, would he be playing in Finland right now? Immonen had his shot, and never gained the confidence of either his teammates or the coaching staff. Look at how Dubinsky quickly gained Jagr's confidence.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:27 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
Never bought the foot speed story, if I remember rightly he had issues with playing with senior line mates, and being deferential towards them, because of this it was said that these senior linemates expressed their concerns to the coach,and then the foot speed story surfaced...
You remember rightly.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
This team has Drury, Gomez, Dubinsky and Betts down the middle right now. And, they have a player like Anisimov not that far away. If Immonen had any value to the Rangers or around the NHL, would he be playing in Finland right now? Immonen had his shot, and never gained the confidence of either his teammates or the coaching staff. Look at how Dubinsky quickly gained Jagr's confidence.
ok that may be true but considering we got him for leetch, sather must have known his skating was bad, right??? too bad we did not get the oft injured coliacovo (sp)

Old
05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
the zamboni

Quote:
Yes, I know. I am in no way advocating bringing him back. I was just curious what happened to him. Try reading my entire post.

Old
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
Now that i don't remember.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Now that i don't remember.
It came from Blueshirt Bulletin.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:46 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by the zamboni View Post
Yes, I know. I am in no way advocating bringing him back. I was just curious what happened to him. Try reading my entire post.
This is not so much directed at you. Rather, JO41, (as he will affectionately ALWAYS be known), has a tendency to fall in love with, shall we say journeyman players. And, usually his post will include some reference to a player who failed as a Ranger -Jason Krog, anyone? - as someone who got a chance, so therefore this player (in this case, Immonen) should have gotten a better opportunity. There is a distinct pattern. Try floating the name Colby Genoway and see what happens.

Anyway, considering the successful integration of youth we are seeing, this line of criticism no longer applies. But, some posters have habits that are hard to break.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Fletch

Some players...

improve their skating - especially from the age of 22. He was a skilled player who played a decent two-way game and who had decent vision and a decent shot. Sather took a gamble that his skating would improve, but let's face it, Sather really didn't get a heck of a lot for Leetch, which is either indicative of the market for his services, or Sather just made a bad deal.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
the zamboni

Quote:
This is not so much directed at you. Rather, JO41, (as he will affectionately ALWAYS be known), has a tendency to fall in love with, shall we say journeyman players. And, usually his post will include some reference to a player who failed as a Ranger -Jason Krog, anyone? - as someone who got a chance, so therefore this player (in this case, Immonen) should have gotten a better opportunity. There is a distinct pattern. Try floating the name Colby Genoway and see what happens.

Anyway, considering the successful integration of youth we are seeing, this line of criticism no longer applies. But, some posters have habits that are hard to break.
Ok, my apologies. I agree with what you are saying.

Old
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
SouvenirCity

I was a huge Jarkko supporter at the time he came into the NHL, but the more and more you saw him, you noticed there were large flaws in his game. I remember there being one game where he Prucha and Shanny were on a line las year, and it clicked. Thats about it though.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
he didn't do anything. he was just there. he could keep up, but didn't add anything. Shanahan said he had to keep reminding him to assert himself to no avail.

Old
05-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
I was a huge Jarkko supporter at the time he came into the NHL, but the more and more you saw him, you noticed there were large flaws in his game.
his biggest flaw is that he has no strengths.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:34 PM
nexusrage21

I have a Immo Ranger jersey

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
He played in the SM Liga this past year which is the top Finnish league. He avg over a point per game the season is 56 games long I believe. Its not the top flight competiton the NHL is by any means, but to say he has nothing while scoring over a ppg in a very competitive league...

2007-08 JyP HT Jyvaskyla FNL 54 26 37 63 54

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Foot speed argument was the biggest crock of crap I had ever heard before. Since when did every god damn center need to be as fast as Briere or the like? Jarkko was a damn quality player who contributed every time he got the call.

No I'm not bitter.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote