HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kastitsyn report on the score.ca

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Kastitsyn report on the score.ca

Hey guys,

I found a report for all the rookies drafted last year on the score.ca, and this is what it says for Kastitsyn--

No. 10 - Andrei Kastsitsyn, RW
Drafted by: Montreal
Current team: CSKA Moscow (Russia)
Played in the NHL: No
2003-04 (RSL): 10 GP, 0-1-1, -, 2 PIM
The skinny: The Canadiens gambled on the Belarusian's offensive potential with the 10th pick in the draft last June, despite Kastsitsyn's history of an epileptic-like condition. However, they didn't sign him and bring him over to the AHL, nor did the winger move to the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers (who selected Kastsitsyn in the 2003 CHL Import Draft). Instead, he stayed with CSKA Moscow but has not been able to crack the Russian Super League lineup. Instead, Kastsitsyn has played mainly for CSKA-2 in the junior developmental league (14 GP, 11-8-19, -, 8 PIM). Furthermore, he didn't dominate in the WJC's B tournament against lesser competition. Therefore, the jury is still out on Kastsitsyn's long-term NHL potential.
Development Grade: C-

Considering the fact that he was supposed to be the most highly skilled prospect in the draft, the report doesn't look all that good. I really hope this guy pans out, because as good as ryder is, he is not one of those flash and daz type of players that the habs really need. Perezhogan has the potential to be one of them, but i high doubt he will be. Kastitsyn seems like our only chance!

The thing that scares though is that almost all of the other prospects drafted in the first round have been rated A or B.

Heres a link of the others, including Kastitsyn-

www.thescore.ca/index2.asp

Thoughts!

Last edited by Mooch: 02-09-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old
02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
habs1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I found a report for all the rookies drafted last year on the score.ca, and this is what it says for Kastitsyn--

No. 10 - Andrei Kastsitsyn, RW
Drafted by: Montreal
Current team: CSKA Moscow (Russia)
Played in the NHL: No
2003-04 (RSL): 10 GP, 0-1-1, -, 2 PIM
The skinny: The Canadiens gambled on the Belarusian's offensive potential with the 10th pick in the draft last June, despite Kastsitsyn's history of an epileptic-like condition. However, they didn't sign him and bring him over to the AHL, nor did the winger move to the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers (who selected Kastsitsyn in the 2003 CHL Import Draft). Instead, he stayed with CSKA Moscow but has not been able to crack the Russian Super League lineup. Instead, Kastsitsyn has played mainly for CSKA-2 in the junior developmental league (14 GP, 11-8-19, -, 8 PIM). Furthermore, he didn't dominate in the WJC's B tournament against lesser competition. Therefore, the jury is still out on Kastsitsyn's long-term NHL potential.
Development Grade: C-

Considering the fact that he was supposed to be the most highly skilled prospect in the draft, the report doesn't look all that good. I really hope this guy pans out, because as good as ryder is, he is not one of those flash and daz type of players that the habs really need. Perezhogan has the potential to be one of them, but i high doubt he will be. Kastitsyn seems like our only chance!

The thing that scares though is that almost all of the other prospects drafted in the first round have been rated A or B.

Heres a link of the others, including Kastitsyn-

http://www.thescore.ca/index2.asp

Thoughts!

Zherdev played on the same line as AK. Did you look at the young guns game ? Zherdev was just one of the best player. So this report means nothing to me.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003
Zherdev played on the same line as AK. Did you look at the young guns game ? Zherdev was just one of the best player. So this report means nothing to me.
Your probably right. The report is probably not very accurate, but the way its worded just kinda scares me :p

Old
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
I wonder what the report would have been if Kats was a Laffs draft pick? what a poor job of reporting by the score. Kastistsyn did do very well if not dominate the B pool, he was 3rd in the tourney in scoring and he was only behind the leaders by a point or two if I recall correctly.TSN is the only credible hockey source among the TV stations IMO.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-09-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old
02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Mooch

By the way sorry i couldnt get the link posted correctly. Just go into the link i gave you, then go to HOCKEY at top left of screen. Once the screen loads, scroll down and goto 2003 DRAFT REVISITED...

Old
02-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Guy Caballero

The Score is a joke. Take no heed in their nonsense.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:15 PM
All-Star

Good! He's now officially an underdog!

Old
02-09-2004, 06:17 PM
RE-HABS

The Score is Mickey Mouse...I use to work in the same office building as them (Holiday inn corner of King and Peter in Toronto). I would see idiots like Elliot Friedman (now with the CBC) and others and they came across as people with very little sports knowledge at all. I can say though that Martina is quite the eye candy in person.

I think it says a lot about a Sports Stations "Experts" if they are even worse than Kypreos, Watters and Stelik!

Old
02-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
The Score is a joke. Take no heed in their nonsense.
i heard a report like that on kasistsyn a year ago but since then i have gone here for updates on him. it mentions how he was struggling but has since improved. this report is from january 14th. the only thing bothering me about him is him not having been signed to play. i would like to see him get to hamilton as quickly as possible. they he him ranked #1 in the organization, and they have us as the #1 organization in the nhl...how is that bad?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
02-09-2004, 06:23 PM
RichardZednik#20

where is he rank by the score?

Old
02-09-2004, 06:28 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
i heard a report like that on kasistsyn a year ago but since then i have gone here for updates on him. it mentions how he was struggling but has since improved. this report is from january 14th. the only thing bothering me about him is him not having been signed to play. i would like to see him get to hamilton as quickly as possible. they he him ranked #1 in the organization, and they have us as the #1 organization in the nhl...how is that bad?

Perezoghtin never came over right away either so don't worry. I am sure BG will sign him this summer so he can play in the AHL and learn under Jarvis as quick as possible.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:38 PM
goalchenyuk

for those who are scare , about the talent of Kasts , Pierre Gauthier was to the junior tournement and said about him that he 's never saw a young gun with all the skills and with so much different weapons that Kasts is having

Old
02-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
for those who are scare , about the talent of Kasts , Pierre Gauthier was to the junior tournement and said about him that he 's never saw a young gun with all the skills and with so much different weapons that Kasts is having

Thats not exactly what he said. He said hes rarely seen a yougnster with this talent and that his array of shots is quite impressing. All of his shots are top notch and he can handle the puck and top speed.

Old
02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thats not exactly what he said. He said hes rarely seen a yougnster with this talent and that his array of shots is quite impressing. All of his shots are top notch and he can handle the puck and top speed.
they have kasistsyn and balej as being more fine-tuned than perezhogin, plekanec urquhart and higgins.

Old
02-09-2004, 07:21 PM
habsfansam

this ranking system is a total joke... notice that the kids who play in europe suffer from underexposure and therefore are labelled as being poor prospects... really, what team doesn't want to have kastitsyn and nilsson in their prospect pool.

Then they systematically underevaluate the kids playing NCAA hockey... Suter is considered to be perhaps the best overall dman behind Phaneuf according to THN and he scores a B- playing in the top pairing at Wisconsin, a team with the best D in the NCAA. The other guy that got a C rating, Brian Boyle, is a freshman starter on one of the deepest collegiate teams in the US, Boston College, and he's a 6-5, 240lb center... we won't know if he's worth anything until he's 24 at least!

Coburn is having a **** year and they rank him at an A??? WTF?? Dustin Brown rates a B despite being a much better performer than Brent Burns... the guys at the LA board rave.

Pay no heed to whatever idiot came up with this ranking, it's crap.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:08 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Zherdev didn't scored much this year with limited ice time and poor confidance... And look how he's looking so far since he's been with the blue jackets.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Zherdev didn't scored much this year with limited ice time and poor confidance... And look how he's looking so far since he's been with the blue jackets.
Yeah... Just like Crosby could have done ten times better in the WJC if he played on the 1st line.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Physical HABuse

I am curious.......how do Kastitsyn's numbers compare to Zherdev's numbers in the Russian league?

Old
02-09-2004, 11:05 PM
habsfansam

pretty similar... zherdev played about twice the games that kastsitsyn played, and scored about 4 points. AK has 1 assist i think but his icetime was less than even zherdev's... the team is really good at the forward positions.

Really, there is no need to worry about AK. The kid has sick talent, and playing any games in the RSL is good for him, if only to show him how much he must improve his overall game. We got a steal if he stays healthy throughout his development and career...

Old
02-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Slick Nick

Less than one month ago, Mathias Brunet from La Presse had Gauthier in interview saying that he was more than satisfied with Kasitsyns progress. With a scouting team composed of Savard, Timmins and Gauthier, I'd rather ignore that Score.ca report, from whom I presume never even saw Andrei in action.

And as someone said earlier, just look at Zherdev. At 19, he is an excellent prospect, and from some analysits, Andrujsha should be even better... He's supposed to be more solid technicaly, and most important, he's described like a very competitive team player.

Both were ignored by Dinosaure Tikhonov...

We'll see next year at the rookie camp! See you there

Nick

Old
02-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Darz

Is it just me or do ya know if the Leafs had drafted him the Score would be heralding him as the greatest thing since........

Old
02-10-2004, 08:35 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Is it just me or do ya know if the Leafs had drafted him the Score would be heralding him as the greatest thing since........
It could be, but when Kastitsyn scores in overtime in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final in a few years, we will all remember the Score's ratings and laugh.

Old
02-10-2004, 09:38 AM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
Good Info, Mooch!

Once again, you have confirmed what many of us have believed. The Hab ship is in fine hands. The front office and the bench below are doing a great job of handling the youngsters. Great days are ahead of us. GO HABS GO!

Old
02-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Istvan

Just review all the dud 1st round draft picks over the years then review the late round success stories over the years and then disregard the rankings nonsense since time is the only real expert. Where is Robin Sadler?

Old
02-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Where is Robin Sadler?
Very interesting story about him. He had a ton of talent, and could of been a great NHL'er but.......

Read it here:
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1975/75009.html

The Robin Sadler Saga: Most hockey players would dream of a chance to play in the NHL, but for Robin Sadler, it was a painful emotional burden. Sadler attended Montreal's 1975 training camp, but decided that he did not like the experience after just one week and went home to North Vancouver. He said there was too much pressure on him in pro hockey, and he didn't have any interest in turning pro. He had already signed a three-year, $250,000 contract that included a big signing bonus, but he returned the money and announced his retirement for the first time in September 1975. Sadler then spent the 1975-76 season playing amateur hockey in Vancouver while earning $250 per week working for a delivery service. He came out of retirement in 1976 to play the 1976-77 season in Sweden, and suddenly felt he was ready for pro hockey. After talking to Edmonton coach Glen Sather, he signed a two-year contract with Edmonton (WHA) on June 16, 1977. The deal was worth over $100,000. Sadler, however, left Edmonton training camp in September 1977 after running into the same emotional issues he had dealt with two years earlier. Had 90-minute dialogue with Edmonton coach Glen Sather and co-owner Nelson Skalbania before deciding to go home to Vancouver. Sather said Sadler's emotional stress was affecting his eating habits. Sather lamented that Sadler had chosen to leave, but also suggested that Sadler had a history of erratic emotional behavior. In February 1978, Sadler contacted Montreal to express an interest in playing for the Canadiens. He was assigned to Nova Scotia (AHL) in early March 1978, and collected six points in nine games. Again, the pressure got to him, and he quit the team near the end of the season. He returned to Europe for the 1978-79 season and never played North American pro hockey again. In Europe, where he did not feel the same pressure to perform, he was a top-notch players. In retrospect, it appears Sadler might have suffered from depression or another form of mental illness, which would explain his irrational behavioral pattern despite his talent.

Closed Thread