HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Don Simmons goal pads

Old
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Oil_Magic

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
Don Simmons goal pads

Good? Bad?
Horror stories?
anyone have any info?

Oil_Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
TrueGrit

i bought the original matrix about 4-5 yrs ago and absolutely loved them, they were similar to the blockades but i wore the bolckades once and they didnt compare. After i grew out of the matrix 1's i bought the matrix II's, and same story, they were unbelievable, i highyl recommend them

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Incognito31

best pads ive ever worn i have the 993's very light and flexable...i used to have reactors and they dont even compare to these.

Incognito31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
MikeD

Simmons is local to me. My son had worn Simmons pads for many many years. One of the most durable and protective pads made today as wel las the gloves and blockers, all top quality materials and 100% made in Canada. Several of their pads have all the great features of a 1400.00 Vaughn re-engineered to better fit and function for almost half the Vaughn Price. You simply can not go wrong with a simmons pad provided you select the one thats suited for your style of play and you select an appropriate size. Should the size NOT fit after ordering you can return any stock pad with out fee. Every employee is a goalie as well as the ownership. Some are not aware that Don Simmons is an NHL Stanley cup winning goalie. The two boys own and run the shop. Mark S. is also a goalie himself.

I see pads that are 10-15 years old or more still in use from youth to senior/pro. Many local house leagues have simmons pads as their loaner gear simply due to the durability of the gear.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote