HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Ideal 2008-2009 Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
  #301
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Avery-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Perry
Callahan-Drury-Malone
Byers-Betts-Korpikoski

Staal-Stuart/Liles
Tyutin-Girardi
Mara-Orpik


Last edited by Dredden: 05-28-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:28 AM
  #302
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
Avery-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Perry
Callahan-Drury-Huselius
Byers-Betts-Korpikoski

Staal-Stuart/Liles
Tyutin-Girardi
Mara-Orpik
i agree with everything except huseluis. id rather have malone. but id love perry doubt it would happen though.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
  #303
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i agree with everything except huseluis. id rather have malone. but id love perry doubt it would happen though.
Yea me 2, Ill change it to Malone now.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
  #304
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
Yea me 2, Ill change it to Malone now.
So you disagree with the lineup you picked because some one else disagree's.Wow, thats pretty weird.

Anyway your new lineup is not bad. Malone is a LW though, I believe.I dont see NYR acquiring Perry, but I do Ryder.

Avery-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Ryder
Malone-Drury-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Korpikoski

I want to see Orr in on a regular, buit I alsodo want to see Korpedo in regularly.The 2 games in the playoffs impressed,especailly the 2nd game where he scored. The kidlooked quit good out there.And very speedy. I think he may be a moretalented Sjostrom. If no Avery I wouldnt mind seeing Cooke signed as well as Rolston or Malone. Which would make the lineup like so. I also wouldnt mind see'ingBetts gone, but thats aint happening.

Rolston/Malone-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Ryder
Cooke-Drury-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Korpikoski

as for defense, I would like:

Pairing's 1 ( any of the combo I would love to see )
Staal-Orpik
Staal-Redden
Staal-Stuart
Pairing 2 ( if Tyutin doesnt get traded )
Tyutin -Girardi
Pairing 3
Mara-Orpik
Mara Commodore
Mara-Vandermeer

A tough dman must be acquired right away. If they are one of Commodore or Vander, who cares will mostlikley be playing bottom pairing minutes.So thats fine with me.NYR is way to soft on D.


Last edited by Jay88*: 05-28-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:43 AM
  #305
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
So you agree with the lineup you picked because some one else disagree's.Wow, thats pretty weird.

Anyway your new lineup is not bad. Malone is a LW though, I believe.
he is like avery, he can play any position at forward.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
  #306
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Jagr can still carry a team for stretches at a time. he carried the Rangers throughout the playoffs, and the last month of the season. Brunette cannot carry a team the way a Jagr can.
Like I said before, our team underachieved across the board. I'm not interested in having a guy carry our team on his back. I'd rather give the players we have signed long term the types of players they need to maximize their potential. Signing a guy at 5 mil to play less than half a season makes no sense to me.

Too many people on this board are fixated on having a franchise player. We have one already. His name is Henrik Lundqvist.

Jagr has minimal chance of producing anything more than he did this season. He is not only older, but I think there is virtually no chance Slats goes out and signs a winger to play with Jagr and Dubi. I'm sure he'd just resign Straka in that instance. The only available UFA's I would think would be compatible on Jagrs opposite wing would be Demitra and Huselius. But neither of them are going to come cheap.

EDM:Tyutin + Prucha + 2nd 08
NYR: Pitkanen

SJ: Dawes + 3rd 09
NYR: Matt Carle

NYR: 5th Rnd Pick
Anyone: Backman

Sign:
Rolston (3yrs/ 11.25mil)
Huselius or Demitra (3yrs / 13.5mil)
Avery (2yrs / 5.6mil)

Huselius / Demitra (4.5) - Dubi (.633) - Jagr (5 [3 + 2 deferred]) 8.133
Rolston (3.7) - Gomez (7.36) - Avery (2.8) 13.86
Drury (7.05) - Anisimov (.850) - Korpikoski (1.02) 8.92
Callahan (.575) - Betts (.615) - Sjostrom/Orr (1.4) 2.59
33.5

Staal (.827) - Pitkanen (4.1) 5
Girardi (1.6) - Carle (3.25) 4.85
Smith (2) - Mara (2) 4
Potter (.543)
13.85

Hank (6.87)
Vally (.8)
7.67


Total: 55.02

Gotta shave half a mil off the total to fit our dead cap, assuming the cap goes to 56 mil this year. Rather have Weber / JBo than Pitkanen, but they're going to want 5.5+. Won't fit it under the cap unless you can get Huselius / Demitra and Rolston to sign for less, or sign Straka at 2 mil.


Last edited by Trxjw: 05-28-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
  #307
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Cally-Dru-Malone line would be a good garbage goal line.


Last edited by Dredden: 05-28-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
  #308
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
So you disagree with the lineup you picked because some one else disagree's.Wow, thats pretty weird.

Anyway your new lineup is not bad. Malone is a LW though, I believe.I dont see NYR acquiring Perry, but I do Ryder.

Avery-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Ryder
Malone-Drury-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Korpikoski

I want to see Orr in on a regular, buit I alsodo want to see Korpedo in regularly.The 2 games in the playoffs impressed,especailly the 2nd game where he scored. The kidlooked quit good out there.And very speedy. I think he may be a moretalented Sjostrom. If no Avery I wouldnt mind seeing Cooke signed as well as Rolston or Malone. Which would make the lineup like so. I also wouldnt mind see'ingBetts gone, but thats aint happening.

Rolston/Malone-Dubinsky-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Ryder
Cooke-Drury-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Korpikoski

as for defense, I would like:

Pairing's 1 ( any of the combo I would love to see )
Staal-Orpik
Staal-Redden
Staal-Stuart
Pairing 2 ( if Tyutin doesnt get traded )
Tyutin -Girardi
Pairing 3
Mara-Orpik
Mara Commodore
Mara-Vandermeer

A tough dman must be acquired right away. If they are one of Commodore or Vander, who cares will mostlikley be playing bottom pairing minutes.So thats fine with me.NYR is way to soft on D.
I figured Malone was a better fit than huselius, my bad bro. Our defense parings would be good with any of those parings.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
  #309
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,018
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
Cally-Dru-Malone line would be a good garbage goal line.
Between Drury and what it will cost to get Malone, that's a very expensive 3rd line.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
  #310
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Up front, Hagman and Vrbata signed. If Avery insists on more than 3.5, so long buddy and hello Matt Cooke. Prucha and Hollweg traded for Torres and a 4th.

Jagr, Straka, Shanahan not resigned.

On D-

Commodore, Hale, Mara and Jillson.. Rozsival, Malik let go, Backman traded or waived..


Hagman/Avery- Dubinsky - Vrbata

Dawes - Gomez - Cooke/Hagman

Torres- Drury - Callahan

Sjostrom - Betts - Korpikoski

Orr and either Byers, Moore or Jessiman winning the last spot.


Staal - Commodore

Tyutin - Girardi

Hale - Mara

Jillson


Lundqvist

Valiquette




A stronger team that won't beat itself. Can apply pressure in waves and will distribute the scoring. Won't rely on one guy or one line. Will be able to protect eachother and inflict damage.

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 10:45 AM
  #311
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Like I said before, our team underachieved across the board. I'm not interested in having a guy carry our team on his back. I'd rather give the players we have signed long term the types of players they need to maximize their potential. Signing a guy at 5 mil to play less than half a season makes no sense to me.
Right because the Ryders, Huselius, and Malones of the NHL arent streaky and play half season. oh and by the way, who cares if Jagr played half a season he still lead the team in scoring. But it seems that doesnt matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Too many people on this board are fixated on having a franchise forward. We have one already. His name is Henrik Lundqvist.
funny I thought Lundy was a goalie. although at that retarded contract we did give him i guess he should move to forward. Goalies should not make that much as you will have trouble signing talent around him. Guess we are finding this out the hard way right now. it sure would have been nice to have that extra mil in cap room if we signed him to what he deserved which is about $5.5 per season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Jagr has minimal chance of producing anything more than he did this season. He is not only older, but I think there is virtually no chance Slats goes out and signs a winger to play with Jagr and Dubi. I'm sure he'd just resign Straka in that instance. The only available UFA's I would think would be compatible on Jagrs opposite wing would be Demitra and Huselius. But neither of them are going to come cheap.
Say no to Huselius. He is EXTREMELY streaky, and doesn't play any type of defense. Plus who knows if he as any chemistry w/ our forwards. We already know that Dubi-Jagr have good chemistry and formed the best line for us this season, regardless of who was on the other wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
EDM:Tyutin + Prucha + 2nd 08
NYR: Pitkanen
So for a team that needs toughness, we want to trade our leading hitter, for, get this, ready... a guy that isn't a great hitter and CANNOT STAY HEALTHY. and to top it all off a 2nd round pick in a draft that is LOADED w/ talent. I love how logic prevails on this board.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
SJ: Dawes + 3rd 09
NYR: Matt Carle

NYR: 5th Rnd Pick
Anyone: Backman
fine w/ these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sign:
Rolston (3yrs/ 11.25mil)
Huselius or Demitra (3yrs / 13.5mil)
Avery (2yrs / 5.6mil)
Once again logic prevails. Jagr and Shanny are to old but Rolston who is 35 or 36 is fine for a 3 year deal. You do realize that by time his contract is over he will be 39. He will slow down the next 3 years and not be nearly as effective, although maybe he will defy logic, and get better w/ age like a fine wine. Again not seeing your logic at all. Rolston on anything over a 1 yr deal would be suicide.

Demitra will be 34 this year. Please see the age debate previous on this post to see my feelings on this as well.


Last edited by DontStepanMe: 05-28-2008 at 10:54 AM.
DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:13 AM
  #312
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
Up front, Hagman and Vrbata signed. If Avery insists on more than 3.5, so long buddy and hello Matt Cooke. Prucha and Hollweg traded for Torres and a 4th.

Jagr, Straka, Shanahan not resigned.

On D-

Commodore, Hale, Mara and Jillson.. Rozsival, Malik let go, Backman traded or waived..


Hagman/Avery- Dubinsky - Vrbata

Dawes - Gomez - Cooke/Hagman

Torres- Drury - Callahan

Sjostrom - Betts - Korpikoski

Orr and either Byers, Moore or Jessiman winning the last spot.


Staal - Commodore

Tyutin - Girardi

Hale - Mara

Jillson


Lundqvist

Valiquette




A stronger team that won't beat itself. Can apply pressure in waves and will distribute the scoring. Won't rely on one guy or one line. Will be able to protect eachother and inflict damage.
this team would score less goals then the team this year.....

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
  #313
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
davisian's team...

may score less goals than last year's team, but that may also be the reality of next season's team no matter how it's structured.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
  #314
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
heres a new one

sanguinetti, tyutin, dawes, 1st 08

JBo


prucha

torres
backman, hollweg traded for picks

drury-dubninsky-jagr
avery-gomez-malone
korpikoski-anisimov-torres
sjostrom-betts-callahan/orr

staal-JBo
girardi-
potter-smith
strudwick

i cant think of anyone to play the other second pairing spot...any ideas?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
  #315
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
may score less goals than last year's team, but that may also be the reality of next season's team no matter how it's structured.
thats true, however if the rangers arent trying to winit all next year then i say dont make any trades and unload a bunch of players and let the younger players play...why spend all that money on players who will want long contracts and will be overpaid if they arent going to win and you know it

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
  #316
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
this team would score less goals then the team this year.....
yup.... but he did have a good idea w/ signing Vrbata. I would rather sign him than Ryder, Huselius, Malone, Rolston, or Demitra. and I think Vrbata would be cheaper than all those players.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
  #317
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Rags...

I will say this about Rolston: I don't think we'll see a similar slowdown in him as we saw in Shanny. I can see the goals potentially coming down, although perhaps they are kept even a bit playing more with a playmaker like Gomez, but I don't see his overall game deteriorating at a Shanny rate, or a Jagr rate. Their styles are different. Rolston doesn't necessarily deliver a lot of hits or take a lot of abuse. I think he can be a guy who's effective for a few more seasons. I'm hesitant to sign him because it is scary having a guy who will be 38 years old at the end of his term if he signs a three-year contract. But the key with him, as was the key with Shanny, although Renney chose to ignore it, is to not overplay the guy. Then you get into the question of why sign a guy who's playing 20 minutes if in three seasons you want him playing 15 minutes.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
  #318
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Right because the Ryders, Huselius, and Malones of the NHL arent streaky and play half season. oh and by the way, who cares if Jagr played half a season he still lead the team in scoring. But it seems that doesnt matter.
You're right, it doesn't matter. He lead the team in scoring with 25 goals. Thats an embarrassment. Leading the team in goals when he's SUPPOSED to lead the team in goals, isn't anything remotely close to an accomplishment.

That would only be logical if Nigel Dawes had led the team in goals. THAT would be an accomplishment. THAT would matter.

Quote:
funny I thought Lundy was a goalie. although at that retarded contract we did give him i guess he should move to forward. Goalies should not make that much as you will have trouble signing talent around him. Guess we are finding this out the hard way right now. it sure would have been nice to have that extra mil in cap room if we signed him to what he deserved which is about $5.5 per season.
Thank you for making an argument out of my typo. Kudos to you.

Quote:
Say no to Huselius. He is EXTREMELY streaky, and doesn't play any type of defense. Plus who knows if he as any chemistry w/ our forwards. We already know that Dubi-Jagr have good chemistry and formed the best line for us this season, regardless of who was on the other wing.
That extremely streaky player scored 5 fewer points than the guy you want to bring back for another season. If you think Jagr plays any sort of defense, I want some of whatever you're smoking. Huselius - Dubi - Jagr is a vast improvement over Straka - Dubi - Jagr. That's the whole point.

Obviously I'm aware Jagr and Dubi had good chemistry. Thats why they're still on the same line in that roster.

Quote:
So for a team that needs toughness, we want to trade our leading hitter, for, get this, ready... a guy that isn't a great hitter and CANNOT STAY HEALTHY. and to top it all off a 2nd round pick in a draft that is LOADED w/ talent. I love how logic prevails on this board.
If you really think Tyutin is a "tough guy", you're out of your freaking mind. Leading the team in hits doesn't mean he's a tough guy. Tyutin plays like an absolute pansy in front of our net. So we get two puck moving defenseman.. and.. get this.. A GUY WHO CAN HIT PEOPLE.

Quote:
Once again logic prevails. Jagr and Shanny are to old but Rolston who is 35 or 36 is fine for a 3 year deal. You do realize that by time his contract is over he will be 39. He will slow down the next 3 years and not be nearly as effective, although maybe he will defy logic, and get better w/ age like a fine wine. Again not seeing your logic at all. Rolston on anything over a 1 yr deal would be suicide.

Demitra will be 34 this year. Please see the age debate previous on this post to see my feelings on this as well.
For the love of god, take of your Jagr glasses. You keep preaching logic, yet you have none at all.

Rolston at 35 has had 3 30 goal seasons in a row. Jagr, on the other hand, has DECREASED from 54 to 30 to 25. So you want to give a 36 year old a 2 year deal worth as much as Rolstons 3 year deal, for a steady, if not MASSIVE decrease in production, just because his name is Jagr?

Then you say that Rolston WILL slow down over the next 3 years? But somehow Jagr is going to have a miraculous come back season? Let me just put this into perspective for a second...

..ok.

Rolston, who has had steady goal production over the last 3 years, is MORE LIKELY to have a decrease in production than a guy who's production HAS BEEN decreasing over the last 2 years. Phew! Let me soak up the logic in that one.

A + B =/= C in the Rangers forum apparently.

Jagr is better because even though he continues to get worse, he is still Jaromir Jagr. Got it.


Had to add this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
yup.... but he did have a good idea w/ signing Vrbata. I would rather sign him than Ryder, Huselius, Malone, Rolston, or Demitra. and I think Vrbata would be cheaper than all those players.
Vrbata? Seriously? Ryder and Huselius are too streaky, but Vrbata gets the nod? I think you just killed a kitten somewhere.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:30 AM
  #319
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
I'm fine...

with letting younger players play and tanking the season (if that's the result), however, it's not fair to some people if they have to play above their heads or out of position/role as they will have a hard time succeeding. For example, perhaps Callahan's role is that of a third line player. To have him play on a second line and struggle may not be the best way to develop him. Ditto Dawes, who may not be best-suited on a top line unless he's with Jagr and may strugle against top competition. You need to fill in the kids into the position/role that will enable them to best succeed. You need vets to fill certain voids in which there aren't kids available.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:35 AM
  #320
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
People seem to think scoring goals is all about how much talent is on the team... You'd think Ranger fans would have learned by now.

Its more about pressure and creating chances. Sure, finishers finish more, but you also pay a large premium for them and they're not easily traded for. The Sabres of a couple years ago are my model, and their waves of pressure with strong play down the middle, tough D and great goaltending can not only score a decent amount, but prevent even more.

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
  #321
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
People seem to think scoring goals is all about how much talent is on the team... You'd think Ranger fans would have learned by now.

Its more about pressure and creating chances. Sure, finishers finish more, but you also pay a large premium for them and they're not easily traded for. The Sabres of a couple years ago are my model, and their waves of pressure with strong play down the middle, tough D and great goaltending can not only score a decent amount, but prevent even more.
that sabres team had more talent on offense then next years team will have even if you add a kovlchuk and a malone/ryder/huselius/rolston and resign jagr

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 12:17 PM
  #322
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You're right, it doesn't matter. He lead the team in scoring with 25 goals. Thats an embarrassment. Leading the team in goals when he's SUPPOSED to lead the team in goals, isn't anything remotely close to an accomplishment.
But he still lead the team while being double teamed and having the enemy's #1 d unit on him. That does matter. Plus w/ a full season of 1 center Dubi it could be a big difference.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Thank you for making an argument out of my typo. Kudos to you.
doesn't make a difference type or not. a goalie shouldn't be a franchise player in the new NHL. you need a forward who can carry a team in the playoffs.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That extremely streaky player scored 5 fewer points than the guy you want to bring back for another season. If you think Jagr plays any sort of defense, I want some of whatever you're smoking. Huselius - Dubi - Jagr is a vast improvement over Straka - Dubi - Jagr. That's the whole point.

Obviously I'm aware Jagr and Dubi had good chemistry. Thats why they're still on the same line in that roster.
please refer to post #270. Those are the lines that started this whole argument. they didn't even have dubi or jagr on the team.

stop changing your lines constantly than using a new one to try to prove a point. and the line w/ straka is better than Huselius. Straka plays defense and is a great backchecker. This line will let up less goals. and Jagr to his credit has played decent defense this year. he did break up some scoring opportunities. he still isn't good but he did improve.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If you really think Tyutin is a "tough guy", you're out of your freaking mind. Leading the team in hits doesn't mean he's a tough guy. Tyutin plays like an absolute pansy in front of our net. So we get two puck moving defenseman.. and.. get this.. A GUY WHO CAN HIT PEOPLE.
Never said that Tyutin is a tough guy. I said Tyutin is our best hitting dman and our teams leading hitter. Both of these are true. the same can be said that trade is massive overpayment for a player who wants a ton of money, isn't proven, and CANNOT STAY HEALTY. what good is Pitkanen to this team if he is in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
For the love of god, take of your Jagr glasses. You keep preaching logic, yet you have none at all.

Rolston at 35 has had 3 30 goal seasons in a row. Jagr, on the other hand, has DECREASED from 54 to 30 to 25. So you want to give a 36 year old a 2 year deal worth as much as Rolstons 3 year deal, for a steady, if not MASSIVE decrease in production, just because his name is Jagr?

Then you say that Rolston WILL slow down over the next 3 years? But somehow Jagr is going to have a miraculous come back season? Let me just put this into perspective for a second...

..ok.

Rolston, who has had steady goal production over the last 3 years, is MORE LIKELY to have a decrease in production than a guy who's production HAS BEEN decreasing over the last 2 years. Phew! Let me soak up the logic in that one.
Ready for the logic. First a background. Last offseason Jagr+Gomez equaled an amazing success for a dominant line. Reality = no chemistry they sucked.

Now Jagrs production picked up alot once him and Dubi were together at the end of the year. A full year of them together and I think that Jagr would put up about a PPG. Especially if there is a decent winger opposite him. Alot can be said of chemistry and we found that out the hard way last year. Why ruin our BEST line, for the hope that Rolston will fit in w/ gomez. Too much change isn't always good.

also I never said Jagr for 2 yrs. You assumed that. I would actually rather sign him on 1 yr deals w/ incentives. If all he takes is 2 yrs than maybe depending on the $. Jagr is still a good player. Dubi will actually help Jagr, b/c he can create some space for Jagr. This is why I think jagr will actually score more next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Vrbata? Seriously? Ryder and Huselius are too streaky, but Vrbata gets the nod? I think you just killed a kitten somewhere.
Vrbata will probably cost half (maybe less) of what Huselius, or Ryder, or Malone, Demitra or Rolston will get. His point production has gone up each season for the last 3 yrs. He is only 27 aka just entering his prime. Yes he is streaky but b/c of the amount he probably will get it might be a better investment than your bigger name players. This signing would be strictly because of cap hit, compared to the others.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 12:25 PM
  #323
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,018
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
Up front, Hagman and Vrbata signed. If Avery insists on more than 3.5, so long buddy and hello Matt Cooke. Prucha and Hollweg traded for Torres and a 4th.

Jagr, Straka, Shanahan not resigned.

On D-

Commodore, Hale, Mara and Jillson.. Rozsival, Malik let go, Backman traded or waived..


Hagman/Avery- Dubinsky - Vrbata

Dawes - Gomez - Cooke/Hagman

Torres- Drury - Callahan

Sjostrom - Betts - Korpikoski

Orr and either Byers, Moore or Jessiman winning the last spot.


Staal - Commodore

Tyutin - Girardi

Hale - Mara

Jillson


Lundqvist

Valiquette




A stronger team that won't beat itself. Can apply pressure in waves and will distribute the scoring. Won't rely on one guy or one line. Will be able to protect eachother and inflict damage.
Where's Denis Hamel?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:00 PM
  #324
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Where's Denis Hamel?

He stays in the Bing.. The knee injury a few years back turned him from hopeful, to just not good enough.

Very good AHL scorer though. the new Brad Smyth.

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
  #325
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
But he still lead the team while being double teamed and having the enemy's #1 d unit on him. That does matter. Plus w/ a full season of 1 center Dubi it could be a big difference.
Thats why we pay him that much money, so he'll score goals even though he's being double teamed and is playing against first pairings. Like I said, he's expected to be the leading scorer. I'm not impressed that he barely managed to accomplish that.

Quote:
please refer to post #270. Those are the lines that started this whole argument. they didn't even have dubi or jagr on the team.

stop changing your lines constantly than using a new one to try to prove a point. and the line w/ straka is better than Huselius. Straka plays defense and is a great backchecker. This line will let up less goals. and Jagr to his credit has played decent defense this year. he did break up some scoring opportunities. he still isn't good but he did improve.
You responded to my last lineup, so I responded to that. Your last post had nothing to do with #270, so why keep bringing it up?

Is that Schremp lineup my 'ideal lineup'? Of course it isn't. I was simply demonstrating to people the kind of offense you're going to field when you spend 18mil on defense.

I didn't change my lineup to 'prove a point.' I posted the revised lineup to accommodate the people (like you) who insist that Jagr is a vital part of next year's lineup.

How could you possibly know that Straka is better on the line with Jagr than Huselius? Huselius + Jagr could be magical. They could suck. You don't know anything until you see it. You could get Rolston and Huselius, and find out Huselius is money with Gomez and Korpikoski and Jagr is great with Dubi and Rolston.

You want Jagr to produce, but you want to hamper him by putting him on a line with a winger who can't even find the net? If you want Jagr's production to go anywhere but down, you don't put Straka back on his wing.

I'd rather have 1 line that sacrifices some defense for scoring than sign a guy who's lone job is scoring goals and stick him on a line with one guy who might be a great center and a winger who is small and can't find the net. Straka isn't worth anything if he's playing on the top line. I'm not going to pay Jagr 6 mil to play on a line with his buddy and continue to hamper the team.

Quote:
Never said that Tyutin is a tough guy. I said Tyutin is our best hitting dman and our teams leading hitter. Both of these are true. the same can be said that trade is massive overpayment for a player who wants a ton of money, isn't proven, and CANNOT STAY HEALTY. what good is Pitkanen to this team if he is in the hospital.
You said:
Quote:
So for a team that needs toughness, we want to trade our leading hitter, for, get this, ready... a guy that isn't a great hitter and CANNOT STAY HEALTHY
Implying that Hitting = Toughness. Tyutin hits, thus Tyutin = Tough.

Not to mention trading for players doesn't translate into replacing players. Pitkanen gets traded for as a replacement for Rozsival on the first pairing. Staal hits. Girardi hits. Mara hits. Smith really hits. Even Carle hits.

Like I said: Ideal? No. Better? Yes.

You want JBo? Fine. Say goodbye to Tyutin anyway, plus Sanguinetti, Prucha and two first rounders at the very, very least. Then you ditch either Huselius and bring in Straka, or toss out Rolston and try to find a rookie to be Gomez' primary scorer because you wont have the cap space to sign any UFA for him.

Quote:
Ready for the logic. First a background. Last offseason Jagr+Gomez equaled an amazing success for a dominant line. Reality = no chemistry they sucked.

Now Jagrs production picked up alot once him and Dubi were together at the end of the year. A full year of them together and I think that Jagr would put up about a PPG. Especially if there is a decent winger opposite him. Alot can be said of chemistry and we found that out the hard way last year. Why ruin our BEST line, for the hope that Rolston will fit in w/ gomez. Too much change isn't always good.
Like I said, you responded to my last post, so I responded to what you had to say about it. Stop going back to irrelevant posts to try to make a point. The hypocrisy is starting to rival Therrien's.

In the lineup that I'm talking about now, the one you most recently responded to, Rolston has no effect on the Jagr line. So don't get so worked up about it.

Quote:
also I never said Jagr for 2 yrs. You assumed that. I would actually rather sign him on 1 yr deals w/ incentives. If all he takes is 2 yrs than maybe depending on the $. Jagr is still a good player. Dubi will actually help Jagr, b/c he can create some space for Jagr. This is why I think jagr will actually score more next year.
Do you really think Jagr is going to come back for one season when there is possibly 12 million waiting for him in Russia?

Quote:
Vrbata will probably cost half (maybe less) of what Huselius, or Ryder, or Malone, Demitra or Rolston will get. His point production has gone up each season for the last 3 yrs. He is only 27 aka just entering his prime. Yes he is streaky but b/c of the amount he probably will get it might be a better investment than your bigger name players. This signing would be strictly because of cap hit, compared to the others.
Phoenix has already said that they had offered Vrbata 3.75 and he turned it down. So you aren't getting him for less than 4.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.