HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Ideal 2008-2009 Lineup

Old
05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
Up front, Hagman and Vrbata signed. If Avery insists on more than 3.5, so long buddy and hello Matt Cooke. Prucha and Hollweg traded for Torres and a 4th.

Jagr, Straka, Shanahan not resigned.

On D-

Commodore, Hale, Mara and Jillson.. Rozsival, Malik let go, Backman traded or waived..

Hagman/Avery- Dubinsky - Vrbata

Dawes - Gomez - Cooke/Hagman

Torres- Drury - Callahan

Sjostrom - Betts - Korpikoski

Orr and either Byers, Moore or Jessiman winning the last spot.

Staal - Commodore

Tyutin - Girardi

Hale - Mara

Jillson

Lundqvist

Valiquette

A stronger team that won't beat itself. Can apply pressure in waves and will distribute the scoring. Won't rely on one guy or one line. Will be able to protect eachother and inflict damage.
How many goals do you think NYR will score if lets say if both Vrbata Hagman do well and score 25 goals, while Torres scores 15, what about the rest?
I am curious what about your d-man and PP. Rozsival and Malik are out Commodore and Haale in. Is that it?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:18 PM
NYR Viper

i think most people agree that the rangers need more grit and size up front...therefore if this deal is available for real:

prucha

torres

i think it should be done....to be realistic, prucha will never be more than a borderline second liner on this team again....and with that said, he is a very one-dimensional player who has a ton of heart but gets crushed way too often....on a team based on defence, i dont see him getting much playing time, torres would add size and someone who will go hard to net and i could see him being the new mair/gaustad with drury....he works well having a bigger winger and another skilled player

korpikoski-drury-torres

IMO that line would work very well as a third line and it would grind other teams with their speed and size and all three will go to the net.....avery cant be the only forward on the team with some sandpaper...if he gets hurt, the team becomes one-dimensional all over again

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i think most people agree that the rangers need more grit and size up front...therefore if this deal is available for real:

prucha

torres

i think it should be done....to be realistic, prucha will never be more than a borderline second liner on this team again....and with that said, he is a very one-dimensional player who has a ton of heart but gets crushed way too often....on a team based on defence, i dont see him getting much playing time, torres would add size and someone who will go hard to net and i could see him being the new mair/gaustad with drury....he works well having a bigger winger and another skilled player

korpikoski-drury-torres

IMO that line would work very well as a third line and it would grind other teams with their speed and size and all three will go to the net.....avery cant be the only forward on the team with some sandpaper...if he gets hurt, the team becomes one-dimensional all over again
this is why i want malone avery and cooke on our team next year. we let hollweg go prucha shanny walk. cooke betts sjostrom could be our 4th line cooke and sjostrom has speed and cooke plays pk as well and draws pp for us, lets just hope our pp will be better next year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Thats why we pay him that much money, so he'll score goals even though he's being double teamed and is playing against first pairings. Like I said, he's expected to be the leading scorer. I'm not impressed that he barely managed to accomplish that.

You responded to my last lineup, so I responded to that. Your last post had nothing to do with #270, so why keep bringing it up?

Is that Schremp lineup my 'ideal lineup'? Of course it isn't. I was simply demonstrating to people the kind of offense you're going to field when you spend 18mil on defense.

I didn't change my lineup to 'prove a point.' I posted the revised lineup to accommodate the people (like you) who insist that Jagr is a vital part of next year's lineup.

How could you possibly know that Straka is better on the line with Jagr than Huselius? Huselius + Jagr could be magical. They could suck. You don't know anything until you see it. You could get Rolston and Huselius, and find out Huselius is money with Gomez and Korpikoski and Jagr is great with Dubi and Rolston.

You want Jagr to produce, but you want to hamper him by putting him on a line with a winger who can't even find the net? If you want Jagr's production to go anywhere but down, you don't put Straka back on his wing.

I'd rather have 1 line that sacrifices some defense for scoring than sign a guy who's lone job is scoring goals and stick him on a line with one guy who might be a great center and a winger who is small and can't find the net. Straka isn't worth anything if he's playing on the top line. I'm not going to pay Jagr 6 mil to play on a line with his buddy and continue to hamper the team.

You said:

Implying that Hitting = Toughness. Tyutin hits, thus Tyutin = Tough.

Not to mention trading for players doesn't translate into replacing players. Pitkanen gets traded for as a replacement for Rozsival on the first pairing. Staal hits. Girardi hits. Mara hits. Smith really hits. Even Carle hits.

Like I said: Ideal? No. Better? Yes.

You want JBo? Fine. Say goodbye to Tyutin anyway, plus Sanguinetti, Prucha and two first rounders at the very, very least. Then you ditch either Huselius and bring in Straka, or toss out Rolston and try to find a rookie to be Gomez' primary scorer because you wont have the cap space to sign any UFA for him.

Like I said, you responded to my last post, so I responded to what you had to say about it. Stop going back to irrelevant posts to try to make a point. The hypocrisy is starting to rival Therrien's.

In the lineup that I'm talking about now, the one you most recently responded to, Rolston has no effect on the Jagr line. So don't get so worked up about it.

Do you really think Jagr is going to come back for one season when there is possibly 12 million waiting for him in Russia?

Phoenix has already said that they had offered Vrbata 3.75 and he turned it down. So you aren't getting him for less than 4.
im sure if a team like wings stars pens, sabres or rangers offered 3.75, hed take it, unless he dont care about winning and just about the money.

Old
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
this is why i want malone avery and cooke on our team next year. we let hollweg go prucha shanny walk. cooke betts sjostrom could be our 4th line cooke and sjostrom has speed and cooke plays pk as well and draws pp for us, lets just hope our pp will be better next year.
see the problem with malone and cooke is they will want long-term contracts and cooke wont want to play on the 4th line........

looking at the depth for next season

center:
dubinsky
drury
gomez
betts
*anisimov*

wingers:
dawes
callahan
avery*
jagr*
sjostrom
orr
*byers*
*korpikoski*
*jessiman*
*bourret*
*moore*

defense:
staal
girardi
tyutin
*potter*

** = could make the team
* = most likely resigned

prucha and hollweg and backman traded

i think, looking at all of those players, the only players who are:

physical:
callahan
dubinsky
avery*
girardi
staal
*byers*
*bourret*

can, and will stick up for teammates:
orr
avery*
dubinsky
*byers*
*jessiman*

putting some lines together as i would like to see them

avery-dubinsky-jagr
dawes-gomez-callahan
torres-drury-korpikoski
sjostrom-betts-byers/orr

i think that lineup is more physical and bigger than last years, not to mention faster(without shanny)

staal-trade
girardi-tyutin
potter-smith

i think that is a realistic lineup for next year that sather could pull off....

resign:
avery
jagr

sign:
smith

trade for:
1b/1a defenseman(JBo, Suter, Weber)
torres

i feel like malone and cooke would cost too much and if a player like dawes is traded i would sign rolston for the other side of gomez

Old
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
im sure if a team like wings stars pens, sabres or rangers offered 3.75, hed take it, unless he dont care about winning and just about the money.
One of these doesn't fit.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
How many goals do you think NYR will score if lets say if both Vrbata Hagman do well and score 25 goals, while Torres scores 15, what about the rest?
I am curious what about your d-man and PP. Rozsival and Malik are out Commodore and Haale in. Is that it?
I expect more goals from Dawes, Dubinsky and Callahan. I expect Gomez and Drury to get their average amount of points. I expect the scoring to be well distributed up and down the lineup, with the kids from last year ready for bigger roles from the beginning. Several 20+ goal scorers..

Commodore and Hale replace Rozsival and Malik.

Jillson replaces Backman (just as talented yet maddening at a 3rd of the cost)..

The PP guys will be Staal, Girardi, Mara and Tyutin. I would not rule out trying Callahan on the point on the PP because he's got a heavy, right handed shot and a knack for getting it through.

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 02:11 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Thats why we pay him that much money, so he'll score goals even though he's being double teamed and is playing against first pairings. Like I said, he's expected to be the leading scorer. I'm not impressed that he barely managed to accomplish that.
he did exactly what he was supposed to do. and that was w/ 3 different centers, one being a rookie. continuity will help him next year.

Quote:
You responded to my last lineup, so I responded to that. Your last post had nothing to do with #270, so why keep bringing it up?

Is that Schremp lineup my 'ideal lineup'? Of course it isn't. I was simply demonstrating to people the kind of offense you're going to field when you spend 18mil on defense.

I didn't change my lineup to 'prove a point.' I posted the revised lineup to accommodate the people (like you) who insist that Jagr is a vital part of next year's lineup.
ok forget about the other lineup than. but still your new lineup is impossible. so why bother posting it.

Quote:
How could you possibly know that Straka is better on the line with Jagr than Huselius? Huselius + Jagr could be magical. They could suck. You don't know anything until you see it. You could get Rolston and Huselius, and find out Huselius is money with Gomez and Korpikoski and Jagr is great with Dubi and Rolston.

You want Jagr to produce, but you want to hamper him by putting him on a line with a winger who can't even find the net? If you want Jagr's production to go anywhere but down, you don't put Straka back on his wing.

I'd rather have 1 line that sacrifices some defense for scoring than sign a guy who's lone job is scoring goals and stick him on a line with one guy who might be a great center and a winger who is small and can't find the net. Straka isn't worth anything if he's playing on the top line. I'm not going to pay Jagr 6 mil to play on a line with his buddy and continue to hamper the team.
you are right that they could be magical. it could also be a failure. Locking them up for both $4mil for 3 years to find out they don't fit would kill this franchise. Especially since next years FA crop is very promising, and we have young kids that should be stepping into bigger roles in that time period. To me the risk is not worth the reward, especially since we already have Drury's assinine contract. I don't want two more regrettable contracts.

also Jagrs line w/ Straka was fine. They were the best line in the playoffs, and the best line at some points of the season. I would rather have avery but I would not be upset at Straka. Plus Dubi should score some more, and create more room on that line, so maybe straka puts in a couple extra. again we could do worse.

Quote:
Implying that Hitting = Toughness. Tyutin hits, thus Tyutin = Tough.

Not to mention trading for players doesn't translate into replacing players. Pitkanen gets traded for as a replacement for Rozsival on the first pairing. Staal hits. Girardi hits. Mara hits. Smith really hits. Even Carle hits.

Like I said: Ideal? No. Better? Yes.
Just saying that Tyutin was our best hitter. which he was, and that Pitkanen isn't tough and isn't HEALTHY. Plus he will cost about $5mil. He as been run out of PHI and now it looks like EDM. There must be a good reason why they would both want to be rid of him, especially considering his age. No thanks, there are more red flags to him than the soviet army.

Quote:
You want JBo? Fine. Say goodbye to Tyutin anyway, plus Sanguinetti, Prucha and two first rounders at the very, very least. Then you ditch either Huselius and bring in Straka, or toss out Rolston and try to find a rookie to be Gomez' primary scorer because you wont have the cap space to sign any UFA for him.
Would love JBO, and than wouldn't care if tyutin was traded for him, as it is a major upgrade. and jBo is healthy. I would rather trade Girardi though. And I wouldn't do it for the price you said. I think it is too high, and it won't come to that especially if JBo wants out of FLA bad enough. again if it means getting him for a reasonable price and not getting Huselius and Rolston i am all for it. I would rather see our youngins get a chance than watch those to soak up valuable cap space for the next 3 years.

also if you trade for Carle w/ that dawes deal than why not just sign liles. now you have your puck moving dmen and according to you alot of people that can hit.

Staal-Liles
Girardi-tyutin
Carl-mara.

seems pretty good to me. and you don't have to give up more players and picks such as tyutin or a second rounder this year, which is still very valuable considereing how stacked the draft is.

Quote:
In the lineup that I'm talking about now, the one you most recently responded to, Rolston has no effect on the Jagr line. So don't get so worked up about it.
Rolston for 1 yr im fine w/. For 3 yrs it is suicide and am not ok with. See above argument.

Quote:
Do you really think Jagr is going to come back for one season when there is possibly 12 million waiting for him in Russia?
There is no proof of this argument. Jagr has stated that he wants to come back to us. Him and Sather are supposedly going to start out working a deal soon. We'll see what happens. Even if its a two year deal, two years for Jagr is better than two years for either Rolston or Huselius.

Quote:
Phoenix has already said that they had offered Vrbata 3.75 and he turned it down. So you aren't getting him for less than 4.
didnt know this. so my opinion is to now stay away from Vrbata at that price.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Lutzinho

what about alexei cherepanov? does nobody see him in our line up next season? i think he is talented enough to jump right away from russia to maybe our 3rd line

Lutzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 03:05 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzinho View Post
what about alexei cherepanov? does nobody see him in our line up next season? i think he is talented enough to jump right away from russia to maybe our 3rd line
it's already been said that Cherry will play in Russia next season as he is still under contract, and will honor the last year of it.

Old
05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
KRUPPY

would you trade dubi for lecavalier just askin to sede the reponse

KRUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 05:54 PM
McRanger23

OK here goes next years lineup version 2.0:

First Here is the Lineup:
Avery(3.5)-Dubinsky(.63)-Jagr(4(3 deferred to next years cap)
Dawes(.85)-Gomez(7.4)-Rolston(4.5)
Korpikoski(1)-Drury(7)-Torres(2.3)
Callahan(.58)-Betts(.62)-Sjostrom(.85)
Orr(.54), Byers(.61)

Staal(.83)-Pitkanen(5)
Girardi(1.5)-Orpik(3.5)
Mara(2)-Potter(.54)
Hutchinson(.8)

Lundqvist(6.9)
Valiqutte(.8)

Shanny Bonus(1.5)

So after all the contracts it comes out to 55.8 mil, which is about .5 under the cap.
Now I'll show you how we got there:

Resign Jagr, Avery, Mara, Valliquette.
Jagr is really going to be the Rangers top scorer on this team and he proved that he could be an asset in the playoffs and down the stretch. Avery is the agitator and he is also a damn good player when healthy. Sather and Avery will realize they both need each other and he will resign. Mara played good enough in the playoffs to warrant being resign, but not at the price he was playing for before. He takes a discount and then Rangers hope they can get a 40 pt season like he is capable of. Valliqutte is resigned because he seems to be well liked with the team and is a capable backup.

trade Prucha, Hollweg, Tyutin, Backman and a 2nd round pick for Joni Pitkanen and Raffi Torres
This would be a great trade for the Rangers because it would give them a real power play QB and some size up front.

Sign Brian Rolston and Brooks Orpik
Brian Rolston would give the Rangers some size up front and he would look great next to Gomez and dawes. Orpik would be the final piece to a great blueline adding that toughness they have lacked since Jeff Beukeboom.

Line Ideas
Avery-Dubi-Jagr
This line worked for a good amount of time last year until Gomez was injured and it was broken up. Dubi and Jagr look great together and Avery and Dubi would provide the North South kind of hockey the Rangers need to play. Playing a full season together would really help Dubinsky's development and the line as a whole offensively.

Dawes-Gomez-Rolston
This would be the epitome of a North-South direction that it seems the Rangers are going towards. Dawes and Gomez have great speed and are both good playmakers and can set up Rolston for a shot from the slot. Rolston would also be a great player for the Rangers to have on the point for the power play.

Korpikoski-Drury-Torres
This would be a good tough defensive line that could also score often. Korpikoski could easily equal the points Straka put up if he stays with the team the entire year. Torres could be a Gaustad type player that Drury played with in Buffalo.

Callahan-Betts-Sjostrom
This line would not be very good offensively but it would certanly be an upgrade over the wopping 7 goals it scored last year. Callahan could get that by himself. Betts is great defensively as are call and Sjo. All three have great motors and could create scoring oppurtunities on the forecheck. Orr could substitute for Sjostrom in certain games that he is needed.

These four lines are all lines that have the ability to score at any time. Every player on all of these lines plays the North-South game the Rangers are built for, except Jagr, but even he can fetch a puck from time to time. The first line may not look like one of the first lines of other teams but thats OK. The Rangers are a team that lives off balanced scoring.

Defensive Pairing Ideas
Staal-Pitkanen
this is a great pairing that will be essential to the Rangers sucess next year. Staal will continue to develop defensively, but now that he has played for a year he will be able to focus more on fine tuning his offensive game. Pitkanen would be the powerplay QB from the point on the powerplay. Any defensive lapses that Joni might make, I think Staal would easily be able to make up for them.

Girardi-Orpik
This would be the Rangers best all-around defensive pairing. Both players are big hitters that dont get caught out of position very often. Orpik is the kind of crease clearing defenseman the Rangers need and Girardi could provide enough offfense to score 9-12 goals next year.

Mara-Potter
This pairing is what that will help Potter to develop and for mara to make up for any mental mistakes he might make. If Potter needs to be sent back to Hartford, Hutchinson could take his place.

And will all know what to expect from King Henrik

The Rangers team next year will be one that contends and plays at a high level, but is still rebuilding. If Jagr and Rolston are signed to one year deals, the Rangers could have enough money to lock up Dubi and Staal and try to sign Gaborik and bring Cherepanove over from Russia.

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrury23 View Post

Orr(.54), Byers(.61)

Staal(.83)-Pitkanen(5)
Girardi(1.5)-Orpik(3.5)
Mara(2)-Potter(.54)
Hutchinson(.8)

Lundqvist(6.9)
Valiqutte(.8)

Shanny Bonus(1.5)

So after all the contracts it comes out to 55.8 mil, which is about .5 under the cap.

Jagr is really going to be the Rangers top scorer on this team and he proved that he could be an asset in the playoffs and down the stretch. Avery is the agitator and he is also a damn good player when healthy. Sather and Avery will realize they both need each other and he will resign. Mara played good enough in the playoffs to warrant being resign, but not at the price he was playing for before. He takes a discount and then Rangers hope they can get a 40 pt season like he is capable of. Valliqutte is resigned because he seems to be well liked with the team and is a capable backup.

trade Prucha, Hollweg, Tyutin, Backman and a 2nd round pick for Joni Pitkanen and Raffi Torres
This would be a great trade for the Rangers because it would give them a real power play QB and some size up front.

Brian Rolston would give the Rangers some size up front and he would look great next to Gomez and dawes. Orpik would be the final piece to a great blueline adding that toughness they have lacked since Jeff Beukeboom.

Line Ideas
Avery-Dubi-Jagr
This line worked for a good amount of time last year until Gomez was injured and it was broken up. Dubi and Jagr look great together and Avery and Dubi would provide the North South kind of hockey the Rangers need to play. Playing a full season together would really help Dubinsky's development and the line as a whole offensively.

Dawes-Gomez-Rolston
This would be the epitome of a North-South direction that it seems the Rangers are going towards. Dawes and Gomez have great speed and are both good playmakers and can set up Rolston for a shot from the slot. Rolston would also be a great player for the Rangers to have on the point for the power play.

Korpikoski-Drury-Torres
This would be a good tough defensive line that could also score often. Korpikoski could easily equal the points Straka put up if he stays with the team the entire year. Torres could be a Gaustad type player that Drury played with in Buffalo.

Callahan-Betts-Sjostrom
This line would not be very good offensively but it would certanly be an upgrade over the wopping 7 goals it scored last year. Callahan could get that by himself. Betts is great defensively as are call and Sjo. All three have great motors and could create scoring oppurtunities on the forecheck. Orr could substitute for Sjostrom in certain games that he is needed.

These four lines are all lines that have the ability to score at any time. Every player on all of these lines plays the North-South game the Rangers are built for, except Jagr, but even he can fetch a puck from time to time. The first line may not look like one of the first lines of other teams but thats OK. The Rangers are a team that lives off balanced scoring.

Defensive Pairing Ideas
Staal-Pitkanen
this is a great pairing that will be essential to the Rangers sucess next year. Staal will continue to develop defensively, but now that he has played for a year he will be able to focus more on fine tuning his offensive game. Pitkanen would be the powerplay QB from the point on the powerplay. Any defensive lapses that Joni might make, I think Staal would easily be able to make up for them.

Girardi-Orpik
This would be the Rangers best all-around defensive pairing. Both players are big hitters that dont get caught out of position very often. Orpik is the kind of crease clearing defenseman the Rangers need and Girardi could provide enough offfense to score 9-12 goals next year.

Mara-Potter
This pairing is what that will help Potter to develop and for mara to make up for any mental mistakes he might make. If Potter needs to be sent back to Hartford, Hutchinson could take his place.

The Rangers team next year will be one that contends and plays at a high level, but is still rebuilding. If Jagr and Rolston are signed to one year deals, the Rangers could have enough money to lock up Dubi and Staal and try to sign Gaborik and bring Cherepanove over from Russia.
This seems like the most realistic line up. A good offense and a good defense.

Anyone have more info on Torres? I am unfamiliar with him.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
McRanger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post

Really? Thanks, I was expecting to be flamed uncontrollably

Old
05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
DontStepanMe

Drury- I don't mind anything but that pitkanen trade. Pitkanen has been injured every single season and has run himself out of 2 teams already (counting edm as it looks like he has). Why not just sign liles, who can QB the pp, will be cheaper capwise, and you won't have to trade any picks, or tyutin. The defense would be even stronger than. Plus maybe you can trade a Backman for another late pick, and you still have your 2nd round pick in an extremely deep draft. Where you might get some real good players out of the second round.

Staal-Liles
Girardi-Tyutin
Orpik-Backman/potter/mara

Rolston is good but only on a 1 yr deal. but there are alot of rumors that point to him staying in Minn.

also there are too many players that are going back to edm... they don't have room for them nor do any of them fill any needs of edm. It would actually make them worse off so they would never do this trade.

Old
05-28-2008, 06:35 PM
McRanger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Drury- I don't mind anything but that pitkanen trade. Pitkanen has been injured every single season and has run himself out of 2 teams already (counting edm as it looks like he has). Why not just sign liles, who can QB the pp, will be cheaper capwise, and you won't have to trade any picks, or tyutin. The defense would be even stronger than. Plus maybe you can trade a Backman for another late pick, and you still have your 2nd round pick in an extremely deep draft. Where you might get some real good players out of the second round.

Staal-Liles
Girardi-Tyutin

Rolston is good but only on a 1 yr deal. but there are alot of rumors that point to him staying in Minn.

also there are too many players that are going back to edm... they don't have room for them nor do any of them fill any needs of edm. It would actually make them worse off so they would never do this trade.
Good point. I think I agree more with what you said more than what I said. I would still want to try and get Torres, though. And if Rolston could not be had, I might try to trade Prucha to the sabre for Afinogenov.

Old
05-28-2008, 06:51 PM
beastly115

Quote:

Staal-Liles
Girardi-Tyutin

I like that defense a lot. It's also very realistic. It solves the PP QB problem and adds the much needed toughness we need.Chances are Backman will be the 6th d-man and that pairing with Orpik might actually be pretty good. Backman is an offensive d-man and would work well with a stay at home guy like Orpik.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 06:52 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Good point. I think I agree more with what you said more than what I said. I would still want to try and get Torres, though. And if Rolston could not be had, I might try to trade Prucha to the sabre for Afinogenov.
Torres would definately be a solid pickup depending on the price... not sure about afinagenov b/c I don't know his contract.

Old
05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Orr(.54), Byers(.61)

Staal(.83)-Pitkanen(5)
Girardi(1.5)-Orpik(3.5)
Mara(2)-Potter(.54)
Hutchinson(.8)

Lundqvist(6.9)
Valiqutte(.8)

Shanny Bonus(1.5)

Line Ideas
Avery-Dubi-Jagr

Dawes-Gomez-Rolston

Korpikoski-Drury-Torres

Callahan-Betts-Sjostrom

Defensive Pairing Ideas
Staal-Pitkanen

Girardi-Orpik

Mara-Potter

i like that lineup a lot, although, if at all possible i would trade for JBo instead of pitkanen even though it would take more to get him....also, i think with renney as coach he will have orr in the lineup most nights, so i think callahan can move up and possibly a combination of korpikoski/torres/drury could move up the the gomez line

avery-dubi-jagr
rolston-gomez-drury
callahan-korpikoski-torres
sjostrom-betts-orr

dawes, tyutin, sanguinetti, 1st 08, 2nd 08

staal-JBo
girardi-tyutin
smith-liles
potter

i like that one....but CDRURY dont take it as flaming i just got my ideas from your lineup and realized korpikoski can play center...as well as callahan

Old
05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Torres would definately be a solid pickup depending on the price... not sure about afinagenov b/c I don't know his contract.
torres would add more to this team than max ever would.....this team has enough undersized winger with some speed...they need gritty wingers to stand in front of the goal to make the space on the wings open...look at detroit..holmstrom goes to the net and datsyuk and zetterberg have more room to operate on the outside

Old
05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post

He's a good two-way player. He's very strong on the puck, but doesn't really have the finesse to maximize that area of his game. Strong in the corners and can throw the body a little bit. Has decent hands and could probably be counted on for 15-20 goals on that like with Drury and Korpedo. He's struggled lately in Edmonton. He's kind to the Oilers what Prucha is to us more or less. Demonstrated he has the potential, but can't seem to get a handle on it.

I like that proposed lineup, but I don't see Jagr coming back for 4 mil. I'm also not sure if you can defer that much of a players salary to the next season. I thought there was a maximum on that.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:39 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
torres would add more to this team than max ever would.....this team has enough undersized winger with some speed...they need gritty wingers to stand in front of the goal to make the space on the wings open...look at detroit..holmstrom goes to the net and datsyuk and zetterberg have more room to operate on the outside
I've seen Torres a number of times here in Calgary. He really is gritty, I noticed that about him when he first appeared with Edmonton. I would classify him as a top journeyman, which is not an insult. He does have some very decent skills. My biggest problem is the same problem I always have, would a talented gritty lunch-bucket kind of player realize his potential with the way the Rangers offense works, which I guess will still be a pseudo puck possession game built around Jagr? What looks good might not always turn out good, but that aside strictly talking about the player, in my opinion Torres is a very good player.

Edit: and I would way rather a guy like Torres than Huselius, who I also see play

Last edited by blandBob: 05-28-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: additional stuff
blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
that team would score 15 goals in a season at the most.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Forward Lines

Avery (3.5$) - Dubinsky (633K) - Jagr (5.5$)
Dawes (950K) - Gomez (7.36$) - Ryder (3.0$)
Straka (3.0$) - Drury (7.050$) - Callahan (600K)
Korpikoski (1.02$) - Betts (615K) - Sjostrom (800K)

Other Notable Forwards

• Colton Orr (550K) - Switches with Sjostrom when needed

Forwards Let Go from 2007-2008
  • Ryan Hollweg
  • Brendan Shanahan (Retired)
  • Petr Prucha

Newly Acquired Forwards
  • Michael Ryder (Signs a 1 year deal worth 3.0$ million)
  • Korpikoski (From Hartford)

Forward Extensions
  • Sean Avery signs one year deal worth 3.5$ million.
  • Jaromir Jagr signs one year deal worth 5.5$ million.
  • Martin Straka signs one year deal worth 3.0$ million.
  • Nigel Dawes signs two year deal worth 1.9$ million (950K cap hit).
  • Fredrik Sjostrom signs one year deal worth 800K.

Defense Lines

Orpik (2.0$) - Staal (765K)
Tyutin (2.844$) - Girardi (1.5$)
Baranka (475K) - Mara (2.0$)

Other Notable Defenseman
  • Andrew Hutchinson (475K)

Defenseman Let Go from 2007-2008
  • Michal Rozsival
  • Marek Malik
  • Jason Strudwick
  • Christian Backman

Newly Acquired Defenseman
  • Brooks Orpik (Signs two year deal worth 4$ million with a cap hit of 2$ million)
  • Ivan Baranka (From Hartford)

Defense Extensions

• Paul Mara signs one year deal worth 2.0$ million.

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist (6.875$)
Stephen Valiquette (800K)

Goaltender Extensions
  • Stephen Valiquette signs one year deal worth 800,000$.

* Not including possible bonuses for Straka, Jagr, etc.
* Cap hit of 52,948,000$ million.
Why would Michael Ryder who is becoming a UFA sign a 1 year deal??? The man waited this long to make a big payday and he's gonna sign a 1 year deal?? Think again.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 11:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
Why would Michael Ryder who is becoming a UFA sign a 1 year deal??? The man waited this long to make a big payday and he's gonna sign a 1 year deal?? Think again.
agreed and id much rather have malone over ryder.